Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3 39.99 on Xbox/PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-48 of 48 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:31:56 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Definitely, I am getting extremely tired of the spawns in hard core. Let's say I go 40/15 in capture the flag. At least 7 of my death are from being killed ASAP when spawning. They need to put a 2 second spawn grace period AND ricochet damage instead of kill a teammate and get kicked from server. It's truly the biggest annoyance in any shooter I have ever played.

However, the gameplay and everything with it is nice. Better than any of the COD's to date. Imo. But it still doesn't compete with BF3 MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:43:07 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I only played hardcore team deathmatch, but I was like really... it's exactly the same since COD4. There was a time when it was alot of fun, but that time as passed with great multiplayer games like BF3 and Halo 4. i thought the single player on Black Ops 2 was the best since COD4 though, I found it to be interesting, and they adopted the whole cinematic presentation in first person that i liked so much.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:39:25 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Hey I have a question for those that have gotten far into the game... I unlocked the skill Death From Above, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Does it prompt you to press a button when your above an enemy, or do I just jump down?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:41:15 AM PST
new Tron says:
Just jump down. As long as you are about to land reasonably close to the guy, it will do Death From Above automatically.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:43:18 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Oh okay, that seems simple enough. Thanks Tron!

Can't wait for this workday to end so I can go back in to the Far Cry universe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:45:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:46:55 AM PST
Remember that for all the skills you can hit square/X from the skill select screen to watch a tutorial on all of that stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:45:40 AM PST
new Tron says:
The game is so sick. I loved it very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:01:45 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yeah I saw the tutorial, but every chance I got I would just end up jumping behind the guys - guess I just need to work on my landing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:05:07 AM PST
C.W. says:
That's what made me think ill probably like it. I've seen you on playing that non-stop since it came out! Ha!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:05:35 AM PST
C.W. says:
Pumped to get this in the mail. Coming tomorrow!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:06:38 AM PST
new Tron says:
I actually got the plat for it...my first plat! I wasn't even paying attention to the trophy completion percentage (I never do until I'm done with the game), but when I finished the game, I saw that I had like 90% of the trophies, and decided to go back and finish them off. It's a very easy plat to get.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:07:10 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Are they all single player related?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:08:08 AM PST
new Tron says:
You'll love it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:09:04 AM PST
new Tron says:
There are 6 co-op trophies, one for each co-op level. All you need to do is finish each level and you get the trophy. PS3 always had people playing co-op so it was very easy to find a game. I'm sure 360 will be the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:10:27 AM PST
C.W. says:
Nice!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:14:19 AM PST
Is there local co-op or just online?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:19:07 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That's awesome, that definitely increases my chance of 100% this game as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:24:17 AM PST
new Tron says:
There is local co-op that supports 2 players, but I can tell you ahead of time, the last two or even three stages of the co-op campaign will be very difficult to complete without 3 or 4 players.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:26:30 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Oh Tron, there are so many awesome moments in this game, but last night I needed to kill 4 sharks for crafting purposes. I was like, how the hell am I going to kill a shark!

I end up getting on a Jet Ski and accidentally plowed into the shark, killing it! Then just swam down, cutted him open, got back on my Jet Ski and repeated 3 times! So awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:30:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 26, 2012 8:57:53 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:36:26 AM PST
Marvelous says:
i was lucky enough to have a shotgun equipped when I came across my first komodo dragon, and you're right, angry mofos!

There's just so many small details that weren't over looked. I love the way the cars handle better than Far Cry 2, there's more variety, and I even loved how they threw small games like Poker in there!

So many details I can list forever, but I'm just so happy that Ubisoft paid attention to gamers complaints about the last game. Vaas is one of the coolest villains I've ever seen in a game BTW.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:39:01 AM PST
new Tron says:
Another thing I mentioned in an earlier thread - Far Cry 3 is probably the first video game, aside from the Super Mario games, where I feel like they got swimming right. In every other video game I've played, I've always had this "oh damn, another water level" sentiment in my stomach whenever I have to swim, but in Far Cry 3, it feels as natural as walking around on land does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:46:51 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That's a really good point, I noticed the transition in and out of the water seems so... life like, and just the same swimming feels extremely natural. So much, that I love using the water as often as I can! lol
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions