Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Supreme Court to hear two gay marriage cases next year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 527 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 9:52:47 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:44:52 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:58:51 PM PST
No, actually. When you say something racist, other people are in a pretty good position to call you on it. You're not some kind of persecuted minority on here either. There are conservatives on this board who can express their views without showing a hint of racism. Strasse, for example, has never once been reasonably accused of racism on this forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:00:06 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am so confused right now....You can still be conservative and be fine with gays and gay marriage. You don't have to tow the party line on every single issue.

Also, flag burning has nothing to do with racism, nothing.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 10:02:19 PM PST
This thread is officially about Steve, go figure. If you guys don't like him, why do you keep talking about him and lure him in with these threads? He loves trolling you by taking over threads so he can be the center of attention and you guys just play right into his hand.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:03:14 PM PST
Yeah. I'm done. I wipe my hands of it. If I have further conversation in this thread, I will endeavor not to have it with or about Steve.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:11:17 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
He is not trolling. He really believes it. You are digging too deeply into his psyche. Steve is a good guy, but a bit misguided. Besides this is an Internet forum, what else is there to do but waste time and post nonsense more often than not? That is the beauty of the VGF Mr. Bump, the absolute beauty....God Bless America.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:38:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:45:17 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:40:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:45:32 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 12:45:20 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"which was shortly after I wasted money on that POS Vita"

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Say what you will about anything else, but leave the Vita alone!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 1:25:47 AM PST
Technically it already is if you read the 14th Amendment, but all the homophobic people choose to ignore it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 1:32:44 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:45:48 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 1:43:53 AM PST
I'm glad both of these issues are going in front of the supreme court and I hope they are both ruled unconstitutional.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 4:51:24 AM PST
C_Hus says:
I'll start this by saying I am in favor of legalizing gay marriage, but to acknowledge the other side for just a moment -

This may have been mentioned already, but the most contentious reason against legalization for "sensible" conservatives is if gay marriage is legalized, then gay couples can adopt children. And as soon as this is allowed, the decision to legalize gay marriage will immediately have a huge impact on countless children (who are not two consenting adults). Again, I don't buy this argument, but I guarantee you when Kennedy writes his opinion this issue will occupy a significant chunk of it. But I'm hoping they let Scalia write it, then it will be wild ride.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:09:27 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 9, 2012 5:10:34 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:32:52 AM PST
"You can still be conservative and be fine with gays and gay marriage. You don't have to tow the party line on every single issue."

but it's cheating!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:44:30 AM PST
But same-sex couples can already adopt children.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:58:10 AM PST
Well, a toaster can somewhat assist in making a sandwich so that holds the argument up some, right?

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:20:51 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I just couldn't possibly care less if gays marry. Why people devout so much energy to prevent gay marriage confuses me. I am far more concerned with taxes, health care, social programs, social security, schools, wars, etc. :)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 10:04:37 AM PST
Nothing wrong with a little fiscal conservativism. It's that social conservativism that sometimes baffles me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 10:45:05 AM PST
Well, since our government obviously can't be fiscally conservative, they probably think that social is better than nothing. I wouldn't put it past that thought process being what was used. I get sick and tired of people trying to force their beliefs on others. Wasn't that kinda one of the reasons we rebelled against the English and fight so many wars to enable others to be able to forge their own destiny? The hypocrisy astounds me.

I'm married and not LGBT, but I really fail to see how if others who are get married somehow weakens my own marriage. It's utter BS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 2:48:58 PM PST
C_Hus says:
True, I don't know much of anything about adoption law, but I've been given the impression that a legally married couple has a much smoother time then an unmarried one. I could be wrong on that one though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:22:43 PM PST
DVvM says:
There's been extensive research in this field, and every credible organization who has looked into it has concluded that children who grow up in stable, loving, homes of sufficient financial means raised by same-sex couples are just as happy, healthy, and successful as children who grow up in comparably stable, loving, and successful two parent homes with a heterosexual couple.

Which is to say that the "gay people can adopt" thing is a complete non-argument. Gay couples should already be able to adopt children. It's not like any child would be better off in pre-adoption circumstances than with a home with parents that would love him or her, care for him or her, etc. regardless of that couple's sexes or sexual orientation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:26:34 PM PST
C_Hus says:
And just to reaffirm what I said earlier - I absolutely agree with the substance of everything you just said, except I would distinguish between "non-argument" and "losing argument". I was merely pointing out that the other sides argument has a little bit more to it then some of the really early posts were indicating.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:30:26 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
The first time I went through this I thought I read Steve got Halo 4 on 3DS. Which is pretty amazing when you look at it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:31:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 9:31:46 AM PST
If he actually had said that, I don't think "Amazing" would be the word for it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  527
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions