Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Denny's franchise owner adding 5% Obamacare surcharge to customer bills

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 544 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:12:12 AM PST
radioGAga says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:12:15 AM PST
I got an epidural. Doula's everywhere cried out in disgust, and were suddenly ignored.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:12:53 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I gots beef with this Denny's cat as well as every other plutocrat. My wife has her own small business. She can't just go up on her prices like every other big business because it will put her out on the streets. I say you guys against the man need to shop at small businesses and waive a middle finger at Denny's when you drive by.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:13:28 AM PST
You so crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:13:44 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I like Obama's stance on this. He said his religion was christian, and then he said he had no time for this trivial nonsense and wasn't going to waste his precious time on trying to convince people of something that should have no bearing on anything as far as the presidential race goes.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:13:54 AM PST
radioGAga says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:14:09 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Well now, Wired magazine caught up with McAfee in the south american jungle where his head was buried under the sand, but their local government can't find him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:14:28 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Having never had a child, I had to look that up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:15:19 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Can I just wave a middle finger at Denny's every time I drive by on my way to IHOP?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:15:47 AM PST
Soulshine says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Investigation_of_Obama.E2.80.99s_birth_certificate

Investigation of Obama's birth certificate
See also: Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories

On March 1, 2012, Arpaio and members of his Cold Case Posse held a news conference announcing their contention that President Barack Obama's long-form birth certificate, released by the White House on April 27, 2011, is a computer-generated forgery. Additionally, the Posse's six-month-long review included an examination of President Obama's Selective Service card and contended that it, also, is a forgery. Their claims were presented at that press conference, and at a second press conference held on March 31, 2012. The allegations regarding the birth certificate were repeated at a July 17, 2012, news conference, where Arpaio stated that his investigators are certain that Obamas' long-form birth certificate is fraudulent. In response to Arpaio's claims, Joshua A. Wisch, a special assistant to Hawaii's attorney general, said in a statement, "President Obama was born in Honolulu, and his birth certificate is valid. Regarding the latest allegations from a sheriff in Arizona, they are untrue, misinformed and misconstrue Hawaii law." Arizona state officials, including Governor Jan Brewer and Secretary of State Ken Bennett, have also dismissed Arpaio's objections and accepted the validity of Obama's birth certificate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:16:01 AM PST
Hah! I was wondering if that was a bit obscure. Oh man, do some people hate epidurals. My wife thought it was a frickin' miracle, she sometimes yells out "Put that needle in my spine baby!" during sex.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:16:23 AM PST
Actually I mean a halfling.

It was something me and McAwesomeo did a few weeks ago. We wanted to make the worst possible characters in an MMO. Like totally nonsensical class/race combos. We figured the best way to do that would be in DDO, since races in D&D have their own stats.

Unfortunately we found that chargen in that game is based much more on class than race, so my half-barb still automatically got 18 STR. Kind of disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:16:48 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Yeah that would be fine too.
I love Ihop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:17:12 AM PST
Holy crap! If Jan Brewer thinks your a nut, you are insane!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:17:48 AM PST
Soulshine says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Staged_assassination_plot

Staged assassination plot
In 1999, undercover MCSO deputies arrested James Saville, then 18 years old, and charged him with plotting to kill Arpaio with a pipe bomb. A local television station had been tipped off to the arrest by the MCSO, and broadcast footage of the arrest that evening. The MCSO held a news conference shortly after the arrest, and Arpaio appeared in interviews on local television stations, saying "If they think they are going to scare me away with bombs and everything else, it's not going to bother me."

After spending four years in jail awaiting trial, Saville was acquitted by a Maricopa County Superior Court jury, which found that Arpaio's detectives had helped buy the bomb parts themselves and had entrapped Saville as part of a publicity stunt.

Saville filed suit against Arpaio and Maricopa County for wrongful arrest. In 2008, the suit was settled, with Maricopa County paying Saville $1.6 million

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:18:15 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I knew what an epidural was, it was the Doula that stumped me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:19:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 11:22:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
My wife went natural the first time, and got the epidural the second time. She didn't even want it, because she was so worried about paralysis (not the temporary kind, like she thought they would nick her spine and she would never walk again). The nurse that was injecting her sucked though as she was using that needle like she was scraping barnacles off a boat. There was a lot of blood on her gloves and gown when she finally said she got it. My wife's back hurt for weeks after the epidural, but she was a lot more lucid this time and really could have been reading a magazine like she was at home because she would calmly announce "contraction coming."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:19:46 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
So, it's a pre-emptive charge for what he thinks will happen later?

If I'm understanding this correct, he's just being what each of us has, and I'm not talking about an opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:20:09 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And do you proceed to go up the butt?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:21:03 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Reported

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:21:09 AM PST
Ah. Minnesota has some of the best hospitals in the world for giving birth. My wife barely even felt the needle. Everyone at the hospital was a rockstar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:21:20 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's terrible. How is Arpaio not in jail for letting an innocent man rot in prison for 4 years?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:21:41 AM PST
"Here's an epidural for ya!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:23:18 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Yes. Hes avoiding the charge by cutting hours for his employees, then adding 5% to every bill in preparation of being charged some amount for doing (or not doing) something regarding employee healthcare in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:24:21 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Wow, and Arpaio isn't in jail himself for this? After something like that how could anyone ever believe a single thing that he said.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  544
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions