Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

In general, how is the quality of used game discs at GameStop?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:35:09 PM PST
I've never had a problem either. If it doesn't work you can return it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:22:32 PM PST
I had one guy start fumbling around because he was shocked that I wasn't going to pay NEW price for an opened game and that I cared that a five dollar racing game had writing on the front of the disc. The guy was a jerk to begin with but usually I don't have that kind of problem there. Just one of those weird situations.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:04:33 PM PST
They can be good, they can be bad. I once got a disk that didn't work, but they exchange it no questions asked. I once ended up with a game whose case was entirely in spanish. And my copy of dynasty warriors 7 has some trouble reading disks. Then again, I have 10-20 other games and no complaints... other than those darn stickers that you can not remove without leaving a good deal of the stick behind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:48:33 PM PST
That's a good description. The lore and world feel somewhat generic, but it is addicting all the same.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:46:46 PM PST
Tim Hellman says:
As others have already said, I've never had any issues with Ps3 games at all. Not even used ones from GameStop.

I would put LotR: War in the North very last on that list of games. Not that it is bad, but all the others should be played before that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:41:51 PM PST
Well, I still recommend trying every game in the series (even though I didn't really enjoy it), so that's not a bad idea. Uncharted 3 is around 20 bucks now. You could probably get all three of them

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:41:17 PM PST
The demo had great combat, but felt completely bland otherwise. Still knew I'd buy it om the cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:40:02 PM PST
If I play the series, though, I want to play the whole thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:38:45 PM PST
As a fan of the series, I think the first is sort of blah. I thought it didn't really capture all the franchise's strengths.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:36:45 PM PST
KoA is a really fun game if you're into lootfest WRPGs. It's kind of like WoW solo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:30:15 PM PST
The 4th one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:29:58 PM PST
I figure the first is a logical place to start. Possibly the double pack of the first two games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:25:49 PM PST
Which Uncharted?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:25:20 PM PST
Uncharted, Demon's Souls, ICO/SotC, LotR: War in the North, KoA

Not sure yet, gonna see what else tickles my fancy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:19:23 PM PST
Maybe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:19:06 PM PST
No.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:08:46 PM PST
new Tron says:
Nate, if you're getting a PS3 game, you shouldn't have any problems with disc quality. Like others have said, Blu Ray's are nearly impossible to scratch accidentally.

Also, I second Technosapien's recommendation for Demon's Souls. Best PS3 exclusive and one of the absolute best RPGs this gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:56:16 PM PST
What games are you considering?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:55:57 PM PST
I've never had any issues with the used games I've purchased from Gamestop. PS3 discs are difficult to scratch to begin with, and GS usually resurfaces Wii and 360 disks if those come in really scratched up. The only potential problem is getting the game complete with original case and manual, but I realize some people don't care about that anyway. It's only a concern if you're the crazy collector type like me. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:55:15 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Demon's Souls!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:53:41 PM PST
LAIR

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:39:07 PM PST
Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be buying a PS3 game. Just not sure which one yet.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:30:51 PM PST
Technosapien says:
If you're buying a used PS3 game then you have nothing to worry about. You really have to go out of your way to scratch those things.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:29:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:31:54 PM PST
For the most part, I find their discs to be mostly unscathed. However, I always buy PS3 games used (I have never purchased a 360 game used), and Blu-Ray discs are made to be much resistant. Make sure you clean them properly. Many of the games I buy used have finger prints all over them.

Having said that, the boxes are usually grimy and dirty. But there's nothing we can really do about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:28:37 PM PST
JWK says:
I've never had a PS3 used disc in anything other than mint condition - including from Gamefly. 360 games from Gamestop are usually in good condition, but I've had to return a couple that were damaged. Gamefly and other rental places you have to be more careful when purchasing used 360 games.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions