Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Do you also want to leave a mark in this world?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 21, 2013 7:14:59 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
Like, since I was a kid, I knew I wouldn't go to the hall of fame of sports or be the next Bill Gates. I don't have any athletic potential since I'm short and my strenghts come from social skills rather than academic achievements. I'm still young (21), with a finished career and will probably live a stereotype life of ups and downs with a nice job and a nice family.

But I always had this interest for doing ''something'' that could live longer than me and probably pass down to the future generation. Since I'm not a remarkable person for the world right now (say, like Steve Jobs was or Messi is right now), I'd love to leave my family with something I put all my heart into.
I'm currently doing some brainstorming for a rather ambicious personal project: I want to emulate what Tolkien did with his Lord of the Rings universe, on a smaller scale of course, since I'm not a very proficient writer. I would take years and years of experience from playing RPGs and MMOs and all the Lore I have experienced gaming since I was a little kid.

But I dream of my grandkids reading what old Papa wrote. ''Wow, did you really do this Pops? It's amazing!". Then, I would feel like I finally left my mark in this world.

Yes, /coolstory, Lair and all, I was feeling kinda emotive today so I wanted to share it with you guys. Thanks for your time :)

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:18:51 PM PDT
Death of a Salesman is my favorite piece of literature that deals with what you are describing.

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:20:05 PM PDT
The best advice I could give is to simply live every day to it's fullest, as best you can. Eventually, we are all but a paragraph in the book of life. Best not to worry about leaving your mark. Simply do what you do. Some people are destined to be remembered by many, but all are destined to be remembered by some. Either way, you're in like Flynn.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 7:47:43 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to go on without pushing myself too much.
But I would love to finish this story though ..

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:02:51 PM PDT
1#Fetish says:
you could do a mass genocide and be remembered, just throwing that out there...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:10:02 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
as sick of a joke as this is, it's sadly accurate. the best way to be remembered is to do a lot of evil things.

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:15:35 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I want to die as king of the xbots.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:20:10 PM PDT
1#Fetish says:
A virgin?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:25:39 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
There are girl Xbots.

I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:37:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2013 8:38:07 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
I'm dating one :)

edit: probably *the* one

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:38:43 PM PDT
It's your ego wanting to "leave a mark on this world". As has been said, just live your life one day at a time. Live in the present. Don't live the aesthetic life, rather, the ethical life. Good luck.

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:40:40 PM PDT
I'd like to carve half of my name into the moon so that it's visible from earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:46:58 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
DV or vM?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:47:04 PM PDT
you wana pass something on that will last? love. just love it like hate continues after your gone so dont hate just love :3

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 8:49:35 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
I'm going to enslave the population of earth, and force them to build a giant statue that bellows out "remember me!" and shoots fire out of it's eyes..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:51:05 PM PDT
1#Fetish says:
+1
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions