Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Thinking of starting a new game in final fantasy tactics

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2013 12:50:49 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
And I was thinking of using ffx characters as my main party. I think Auron would be a samarai w/ knight secondary. Yuna is a summoner w/ white mage secondary. Lulu is a straight out black mage but give her equipment to make her hard to hit since her evasion was amazing in the game. I think kimarhi is a dragoon, not sure what else on him. Rikku is a thief with item secondary or maybe ninja for throwing weapons. Tidus I think as a geomancer with time mage secondary and wakku? I don't know what to do for wakku? Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 12:52:51 PM PST
You saw the article on Kotaku didn't you? ;)

It's pretty cool using FF characters names and even better you picked the ones from my favorite FF. I like the jobs you picked out for each.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 12:53:44 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Just pretend Waka died. It will be better that way.

But honestly, probably squire.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 12:59:37 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
Yeah, sitting here thinking what to do with wakku and i thought squire because they can throw stones/balls lol. Maybe a ninja as a secondary but he is a status effect master so I imagine using mystic as a secondary but I'm not sure yet. Im just excited about auron being a samarai and wrecking stuff up being a knight as well. And it's my favorite ff game to date, really hope they release it on vita like i was told a year ago!

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:12:52 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I so wish Square would make a real sequel to FFT, I just finished the game a few months ago for the 10th time. I love it. Though I still can't do anything worth a crap in the Deep Dungeon. My wife mocks me and makes sexual jokes when I complain about not being good enough for the Deep Dungeon. That aside, FFT is a great game, though a bit unbalanced at times. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 1:14:09 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Have you tried Tactics Advance 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 1:14:41 PM PST
CRACK.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:20:15 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
FFTA and FFTA2 are both good games, but they dont have that appeal that the original had. I would like a true sequel, where the gameplay is the same and maybe add a few more classes and balance out the game a bit. But that is also the fun, when you have a group that not only decimates your foes, but turns them into chickens, steal all their items, and reduce all the attributes to 1. Then make them run around with death sentence until you hear that great death scream :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 1:22:27 PM PST
Biohazard says:
Wakka just never grew on me either, I never used him either he was always the weakest character of all. I remember when I first got the game when it came out my buddy and I were like, "Really? He throws a ball as his weapon?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 1:22:50 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I haven' tried Advance 2, but I hated Advance 1. I thought Advance was too kiddy/light hearted. What I loved about FFT is the deep adult story and overly detailed combat system. :)

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:29:34 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
Wakka isn't so bad. When I did the no sphere grid challenge wakka was a huge help since rikku mixed her trio of 9999 and wakka's attack reels did 12 hits of 9999.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 1:39:47 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Too bad there isn't a Blue Mage class in FFT, that would be a perfect sub job for Kimahri. At least I don't remember there being one, I could be wrong.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:48:38 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
No, no blue mage. Would be an awesome job. Closest I can imagine would be to let kimarhi crystallize an enemy and take his abilities that way, but that would be insanely hard. So I guess I could make him a calc secondary and only use spells learned by crystal

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 2:28:17 PM PST
Calculators are awesome! The last time I played through Tactics I made it way too easy since I used one Calculator and the rest of my party was filled with knights equipped with Excaliburs. One or two holy spells would decimate the entire field while I would just be gaining health the entire time.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 2:47:09 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
That is awesome. Maybe I can make wakka a mystic with ninja as a secondary and all he can do is throw those elemental balls?

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 10:15:50 PM PST
Technosapien says:
This is a really cool idea. FFT rocks!

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 10:51:44 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2013 11:02:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 11:23:26 PM PST
Just pretend they all did.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 1:55:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 1:56:08 AM PST
I prefer to play FFT with nothing but Calculators in my party. It makes the game quite different. If you haven't tried it, I suggest it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 3:36:56 AM PST
Breeze says:
Final Fantasy Tactics is on the Vita via PSOne classics currently at $9.99. FFT: War of the Lions is also on Vita for $9.99 and is free for + members.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:02:28 AM PST
Zetirix says:
Why can't we have a serious sequel to this game?? Tactics Advance doesn't count in my book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 8:43:34 AM PST
MAJOR SPOILERS:
Because all the important characters are dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 8:44:56 AM PST
Zetirix says:
I knew that...

But...

I just wanted a new FFT game that didn't involve kids and books :(

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:18:46 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Just make FFT starring Delita's side of the story. That would rock. :)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 11:10:08 AM PST
I tried to start a new game...I simply don't have the energy to play it as thoroughly as I did in 1997! I think I put about 98 hours into that game. It was a marvelous experience!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions