Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

IGN: The 14 Stupidest Things Gamers Did This Generation...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 133 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2013 8:20:31 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
LMAO! To get the full effect, you should visit the site actually since there are some pretty hilarious GIF's.

14) We insisted the Xbox 360 was totally worth $400 for Perfect Dark Zero.

13) We spent more time complaining about installation times than the installs actually took.

12) We bought a $700 iPad only to use it for terrible free games instead of awesome $2.99 ones.

11) We camped out for days for things that didn't even sell out. [Shows picture of hundreds of Wii U consoles]

10) We bought this: [Picture of Oblivion horse armor]

9) Those two months when everyone was obessed with this: [Picture of some drawing with friends game]

8) We all got so hyped... for [Duke Nukem Forever]

7) We thought these would be a permanent part of our game room: [Picture of a huge collection of Guitar Hero & Rock Band peripherals]

6) More people petitioned to fix problems in SimCity than they did to fix problems in real cities.

5) We paid real money for fake clothes.

4) We played Games like this: [GIF of a guy who looks like he's having a seizure while pretending the Wii Remote and Nunchuck are drumsticks...from the Wii Music presentation at that ill-fated E3]

3) And this: [GIF of people playing with PS Move controllers]

2) ...Aaaannndd this: [GIF of some guy playing Dance Central...accidentally kicking a cat and sending it flying towards the camera]

1) Worst of all... We spent hundreds of hours arguing over which plastic box was better.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:21:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 8:24:11 AM PDT
Isn't #11 technically a next-gen "stupidest thing"?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:23:06 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
"Worst of all... We spent hundreds of hours arguing over which plastic box was better."

Sounds familiar

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:24:01 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
14, 13, 9, 7, 5, 2, and 1 all apply to me.

actually kind of funny, i was skyping with my parents last night, who are in the process of moving in the next month, and my dad was going through a bunch of stuff i left at the house. he holds up my rock band drum set, and asked if i needed it. i told him to throw it out.

still have 3 guitars though, and almost all of the GH games on 360

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:24:46 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
2 numbers devoted to Wii and Move games that nobody actually played instead of sending cupcakes and accidentally giving money to charity and then asking for it back when the MAss Effect 3 ending wasn't changing didn't make it?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:25:48 AM PDT
"7) We thought these would be a permanent part of our game room: [Picture of a huge collection of Guitar Hero & Rock Band peripherals]"

Still is in my room

Also, this list made me laugh. It's so true... 12, 9 and 2-4 are my favs. I think I'm done with motion gaming in general. I think the kinect had potential but it wasn't used well. Can only really do on rail games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:26:05 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I only have my one GH guitar, but I can't find the USB dongle. I always meant to go back and finish GH World Tour and GH5. I thought those games were fun.

I'm guilty of 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:26:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 8:26:45 AM PDT
Bobbum Man says:
#1 - Formed opinions based off of IGN reviews and feedback and took advice from them.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:26:37 AM PDT
I.Flores says:
11- We thought paying for XBL Gold was a good idea (Shows picture of the PS Plus logo)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:28:19 AM PDT
FOGE says:
The Kinnect GIF was pure gold! I'm still laughing.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:28:24 AM PDT
OP says:
Ah, I was a serious offender when it came to 5; none of the others really apply.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:28:28 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
To be fair though, at one time Xbox Live was totally worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:29:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 8:29:31 AM PDT
True, but it hasn't changed at all, and it needs to.

They need to remove that pay to play online with friends wall. Now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:30:53 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Oh it changed... For the worse. Double dipping with fees and ads is gross.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:30:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 8:31:28 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Agreed 150%. That has always been XBL's biggest (and lamest) issue.

Edit: Oh, and requiring Gold for Netflix and Internet Explorer. I mean really...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:31:42 AM PDT
Wow really? I haven't even turned my Xbox on in over 6 months, it collects dust cause there is nothing I want to play on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:33:59 AM PDT
Back when I had an Xbox 360 I had a Gold subscription and never even used Netflix or IE or any of the other features, really, other than playing online. I tired IE once for the "novelty" of surfing the web on my Xbox and quickly deduced that it was much easier to just surf on my laptop or iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:34:22 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Neither have I. When the PS4 comes, my 360 is going to be the one to get put in storage. I need the video port. Damn non-BC PS4...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:35:44 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i have 1 wireless (guitar hero 5), and 2 of the wired ones that came with GH2. i still like to play from time to time.

i wasnt a fan of the way world tour played. i havent played in awhile, but i remember not liking it. i enjoyed the simple "play these handfull of songs, unlock the final song of the set, and move on" approach.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:40:34 AM PDT
Bobbum Man says:
Where is Microsoft double dipping for fees? I receive one charge a year for XBL, nothing more.

Don't say because you have to pay for Netflix and XBL, because that's not double dipping. If MS charged you an additional $10 to use Netflix while paying for XBL that is double dipping.

As for ads. I don't like them in any form of media. But it is literally ONE little box per page. It doesn't get in the way, I rarely even acknowledge that it's there and when I do it's usually gaming related so I don't even mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:45:18 AM PDT
I think he means theya re getting money from players and ads.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:47:56 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
i fall under 1 3 4 7 9. i do enjoy tablet/smartphone "with friends" games though. i'm addicted to "Fun Run" right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:48:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 8:48:17 AM PDT
I.Flores says:
>>If MS charged you an additional $10 to use Netflix while paying for XBL that is double dipping<<

That's why they did, basically. When they increased the MSRP from $49.99 a year to $59.99 a year without even increasing the perceived value.
Sony increased the perceived value of Plus (by adding Vita support) without any price change.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:49:08 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
" We insisted the Xbox 360 was totally worth $400 for Perfect Dark Zero."

That is the only one I am guilty of. I do not qualify for the others. :)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:50:00 AM PDT
I'm guilty of #1, never did #5 and never will, and #7 is stupid because Rock Band is still awesome.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  133
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions