Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Black Ops 2 gets Microtransactions....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 4:38:08 AM PDT
http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/12/black-ops-2-xbox-360-to-get-micro-payments-from-tomorrow/

Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 to get micro-payments from tomorrow
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the next in a growing line of games to offer micro-payment vanity items. They start on Xbox 360 from tomorrow.

MCV reports that from tomorrow, Black Ops 2 will introduce `Micro Items'.

They have been described by Activision's Dan Amrich as "either personal customizations or nice little luxuries" that will not impact gameplay, and he added, "At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who've asked for more customization options".

Amrich has stressed that they are just "small, specific ways to enhance your online experience". These Personalisation Packs will cost 160 Microsoft Points each and contain three weapon camo designs, three reticules and a bonus Calling Card.

You can also buy a pack of ten extra Create-a-Class slots for 160 Microsoft Points, a `Flags of the World' Calling Card pack at 80 points, and the Nuketown 2025 Zombies map for 400 points.

As a sweetner, everybody will get the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map for free on Xbox 360 tomorrow.

These micro-payment options will hit PC and PS3 at a later date.

Well, how does this make you all feel? It's no secret that many gamers dislike Activision's yearly Call of Duty cycle and the series' money-making ability. But what about now?

Let's not forget what happened with Dead Space 3:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 4:46:21 AM PDT
While I can see their point that it won't impact gameplay, it makes me worry that future iterations of CoD will start making them standard....for things that might impact gameplay. Like this is just the beginning.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:46:33 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
i think it's fine if they put additional camos and calling cards as microtransactions. just as long as it doesn't affect gameplay.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:48:57 AM PDT
I am fine with it as long as they do not have killstreaks as micro transactions.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:04:10 AM PDT
Cats Go Nyan says:
Nah, they'll just pull the "we'll let you unlock it, but you have to pay to use it" like EA.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:29:54 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
i like those options. i bought pink guns for my Gears3 characters.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:32:44 AM PDT
Ice King says:
Does anyone remember when stupid things like this were included in the game and unlocked through gameplay?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:39:33 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
the good ol' days

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:48:14 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
This is completely fine. If people want to spend money on camos, extra weapon slots, and calling cards - be my guest. Has no impact on the game nor my wallet.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:49:17 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Like the hundreds of calling cards you can unlock now before the micro transactions, or the many camos you can get with all your "hard work"?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:43:42 PM PDT
DeadCell says:
At least they are finally making Nuketown 2025 available to purchase. Maybe they'll add it to all regular playlists now.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:44:58 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I, for one, am in favor of this. If people who are super into CoD spend all of their discretionary income on CoD, then the odds of encountering them in or around other games are much lower!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:54:15 PM PDT
spekaing of cod and microtransactions whatever happen to the f2p cod?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:04:59 PM PDT
WizardPlus says:
I think you should have to pay for the Nuketown 2025 map, as that was a preorder bonus. Everything else, cool. Whateves

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:36:01 PM PDT
I didn't buy COD because nuketown was only available for pre-orders.

Maybe I'll check it out now that it's free.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:48:41 PM PDT
I like `Flags of the World' Calling Card pack but I'm not spending $1 on it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
I don't give a f***!!!!!!!!!! A message to Bill Gates on Twitter 3 19 seconds ago
What is the single greatest game on PS4 right now? 72 2 minutes ago
Playstation 4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U: Which 8th gen console will provide the most entertainment? 93 2 minutes ago
Man I had to do this for the haters, thanks for the motivation and passion to prove you wrong 8 3 minutes ago
Games That Felt Like They Were Rushed and Incomplete 36 3 minutes ago
EA Access Members 10% Discount Applies to Xbox Sales of EA Games 0 7 minutes ago
Dark Souls 2 DLC Anyone get it???? 12 16 minutes ago
Tonight was fun guys 78 19 minutes ago
Breaking news. 360 v PS3 are tied again globally. Sony sits in 3rd place overall. 225 20 minutes ago
5 Reasons the PS4 Is Better Than the Xbox One 21 27 minutes ago
MLB.com turns 12 today, get MLBTV for $12 17 41 minutes ago
Worldwide Weekly Hardware Chart 16th August 2014! Playstation Supremacy! Xbox One: It's Bad, Man. Really Bad! 35 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions