Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Rainbow six: Patriots possible next gen title

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 5:33:11 PM PST
http://www.joystiq.com/?m=false

Rainbow 6: Patriots encountered a rough production patch earlier this year when it swapped out creative director David Sears for Jean-Sebastien Decant. That doesn't mean the game is any less ambitious, and Patriots might even even up on next-gen platforms, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot tells Polygon.

Answering a direct question about Patriots being a next-gen game, Guillemot says, "There's a good chance it can be." Patriots is still scheduled for a launch in 2013, remember.

Ubisoft is working with Sears' original vision, which involves taking down a homegrown terrorist cell called the True Patriots, and making ambiguously moral decisions about the lives (and violent deaths) of civilians along the way. "But that's what is interesting with the concept - being able to give a choice to the person who is playing," Guillemot says.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:38:16 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
So... Wii U exclusive?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:35:19 PM PST
No. *REAL* next gen.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:47:23 PM PST
RoadKing says:
That would be fitting for me. Rainbow 6 on the 360 was my first venture into online play. A great time in it's day.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:00:58 PM PST
Harmicky says:
I'd love another good Rainbow Six game. I think that could be a great next gen launch title.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions