Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming Thread 3/15-3/17

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 110 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2013 4:52:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 4:55:19 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Well, I just beat Tomb Raider last night, and I don't have an overwhelming desire to jump back into it and replay it, so that is perma-shelved now. I may trade it in to Amazon since they are offering $36 bucks (gasp!) for it and I only paid $15.

Back to God of War: Ascension to finish the single player, or at least get further, in that game. Sprinkled with more than a little Skyrim. I'm hoping to beat the main quest of Skyrim then start either the Thieve's Guild or the Companions quest line.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 4:54:07 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
VGF Minecraft
XCOM
Dead Space 3
Dungeon Defenders

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 4:54:49 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I may be doing some St. Patrick's Day drinking this weekend for the first time in many years, so if I do, what little time I have to game will likely be spent playing Sleeping Dogs.

If I end up not going out, I'll be able to really dig into Sleeping Dogs, and hopefully play some co-op with some VGF-ers. Maybe Dungeon Defenders, Left 4 Dead 2, or Magika?

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:05:39 AM PDT
Cats Go Nyan says:
Minecraft, RuneScape, and I might try this other thing I heard of.. I think it's called "going outside" or something like that.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:05:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 5:06:15 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
maybe help a friend get his last achieves in Phantom Breaker BG.

gonna try the new dlc for Scott Pilgrim.

gonna fire up Borderlands 2 for the weekend special stuff (see bottom).

play some more ugly Aliens CM.
----------------------------------------
Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan takes a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK
PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J

Better act fast, though! The above codes and bonuses will only be active from Thursday, March 14 at 12:00PM CT (What time is that for me?) through Sunday, March 17 at 11:55PM CT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:06:04 AM PDT
Cats Go Nyan says:
I can't wait to see if that tree grows on my roof! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:08:44 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
lol you put a tree on your roof? so did i haha. i put one on each corner of the roof. i think they were spruce.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:11:59 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
its looking like another weekend of ni no kuni and pokemon white v2 for me. probably some blops 2 for the MP fix.

i dont want to start another game until i finish ni no kuni. sitting at roughly 34 hours into it. just got all the stones.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:12:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 5:13:25 AM PDT
Cats Go Nyan says:
Yeah, I planted a spruce as well. I wanna get some windows and make the whole thing out of planks instead of half wood and half cobblestone. :P Once I get enough, I'll add a second level, expand the roof, and have a platform with my own trees on it.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:23:16 AM PDT
Hoping to finish out The Walking Dead for PS3 by Sat morning sometime.
Moving on to AC2 after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:24:08 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
AC2 is great. It improved upon the first game in nearly every conceivable way. It's one of the few games this gen that I took the time to 100%.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:24:33 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Maybe finish up Lost Odyssey and then DmC Virgil's Downfall.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:34:09 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
Dark Souls, and lots of it. After the hell that was Ornstein & Smough, I'm going to focus on upgrading my gear for awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:35:16 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Ornstein & Smough are always hell. Especially solo.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:39:51 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
That was definitely one of the hardest boss fights I've ever been through. I didn't have any help because of my enormous mistake a few days ago. I was loading my save from the Anor Londo bonfire that Solaire was resting at; I had my controller in my right hand and shifted to grab my tv remote to turn up the sound with my left hand, and I grazed the right trigger...hit poor Solaire, and had no idea how to get back to the Undead Parrish from there. I had to kill the poor guy, oh how the Sun wept!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:41:25 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
All he wanted was to find his sun...

*goes outside to bask in the warm glow of the sun in remembrance of Solaire*

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:43:01 AM PDT
KrisCo says:
DR2: Off the Record Co-op
Alice Nightmare Run
Some DS games since I'm going to finally be able to play them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:44:10 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
That's a bummer. I wish you luck on the remainder of your journey. Praise the sun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:44:22 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I still feel terrible about it, I liked him. Oh well, all the more reason for NG+.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:45:15 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
Thanks, Oskar, I will vanquish Gwyn in his honor. Praise the sun indeed!

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:48:22 AM PDT
Chunk says:
I should be able to finish up Mass Effect 1 this weekend, I'm headed to Ilos right now. If I can finish up, i'm going right into ME2.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:57:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 6:04:42 AM PDT
I was thinking of going right through the whole Ezio trilogy in one straight shot. Are Brotherhood and Revelations as good as AC2?

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:06:12 AM PDT
pokritz says:
SC2: Heart of the Swarm - not that far into it, but it's great so far
Borderlands 2
Black Ops II (PC)
Diablo 3 - still upgrading my character...haven't played since September and some really great items are cheap

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:07:17 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I'll try to finish up the post-game stuff in Ni No Kuni and then back to Crysis 3.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:09:31 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 15, 2013 6:20:26 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  110
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions