Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

best video game hero/character of all time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 66 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 11:06:04 AM PDT
A customer says:
La li lu le lo is actually ra ri ru re ro, the order of r (L) sounds in the Japanese alphabet. Ocelot is working for the C.I.A. and his Liquid Ocelot stint was a completely intentional feint to achieve Ocelot's end of removing the Patriots from power.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 11:08:14 AM PDT
A customer says:
What about Squall?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 11:18:49 AM PDT
Oh god no. Squall is the epitomy of emo and I'm the last one to ever go against my favirote genre. I hated squall. He says all of 5 words the entire game and it becomes infuriating at points.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 11:27:16 AM PDT
M. A. Clapp says:
link, commander shepard, nathan drake, sonic

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 11:31:57 AM PDT
A customer says:
I hate emo. Most people liked FF7 the best, but I prefer 8 because I see myself in Squall. Emos are much more talkative than Squall is. They could lecture for an hour to explain why "Panic! at the Disco" is a "great band". Now Tidus, that was a character I really couldn't get in to. How about the epitome of sissy.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 11:35:07 AM PDT
A customer says:
We're all failing to mention Ash from Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick/Regeneration.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 11:37:18 AM PDT
Kratos. Hands down.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 11:43:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2009 1:19:00 PM PDT
I tell ya' this... until genuinely good story writing and character development takes place in video games, I could give too hoots about ANY video game characters....

...as it stands now, all video game characters are basically empty archetypes of cartoon characters (e.g., Mario, Sonic, Crash) and adventure/action/sci-fi/fantasy heroes (e.g., Sam Fisher, Kratos, Solid Snake, Nathan Drake , Master Chief)...

...although I suppose dat's more den' enough fer' fangirls lookin' ta' transfer their adolescent fantasies of self-empowerment on ta' make-believe characters...

...HAAAAWWWWWWW HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!

Ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 1:09:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2009 1:11:50 PM PDT
Oh go suck an egg already. You're like a broken record, a terrible one at that. What do you enjoy, Law and Order or every other terribly derivative piece of junk 99% of television and movies has to offer? On second thought, don't answer that because I don't want to know ;p

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 1:29:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2009 2:44:15 PM PDT
I wasn't talkin' about you personally, Stinky Swede...

...I knows' fer' a fact dat' ya' don't care about self-empowerment, as ya' realized dat' was a lost cause ages ago...

...everybody knows da' reason why a 30 year old Best Buy clerk such as yourself likes ta' save princesses on a regular basis is because ya' actually wish ya' were one...

...HAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HAAAAAWWWWWW!

Ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 1:32:12 PM PDT
[You are ignoring this customer's posts. Show post anyway.] <---nope.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 1:39:19 PM PDT
Ms. UpJohn - Da' World's Loveliest Broad says:

HAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HAAAAAWWWWWW!

Ha.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 1:46:39 PM PDT
gamepunk says:
If I had to pick one

Best Videogame Hero of all time - Solid Snake 2nd place - Cloud from Final Fantasy 7
Best Videogame Villian of all time - Sepiroth from Final Fantasy 7 2nd place - Volgin from Metal Gear Solid 3

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 2:03:10 PM PDT
A customer says:
I must say I am pleased to see Volgin's name mentioned. He's probably the only MGS villain who is consummately corrupt. At least all of the other antagonists had a respectable cause: Big Boss wanted a world where soldiers were needed and revered (Outer Heaven), but not necessarily a chaotic, dysfunctional world. The Boss was obviously completely good, though she is still called a "villain". Liquid fought for the dreams of his father. Ocelot helped to eventually remove The Patriots from power. Volgin's motives were that of greed and sadism and absolute power. He's the only MGS main villain (unless you count Vamp) that I would truly call evil, and also a fairly difficult boss battle.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 3:50:35 PM PDT
hackenbush go play in a freeway or somethin

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 4:19:08 PM PDT
lol.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 7:07:45 PM PDT
C. Tempel says:
pacman!!! :p

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 7:16:22 PM PDT
No one has mentioned Marcus Fenix from Gears of War 1 and 2. Also Master Chief from the halo series

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 7:39:50 PM PDT
Aya brea (parasite eve)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 8:43:17 PM PDT
Woah! You can't just find this stuff on Wikipedia either, at least someone gets the jargon that comes out of Hideo's mouth. I love his games but the scripting is just way too far over my head. Still love the games though, I guess you don't have to understand everything in life. Kinda like why the white peices in chess get to move before the black ones.

Posted on Oct 19, 2009 1:55:21 AM PDT
JMC says:
Best Protagonist: Aya Brea (yes, backseatgamer, she's the best, albeit bland in part 2. still hot nontheless. she'll give anyone a cyberboner)

Best Antagonist: Luca Blight (Suikoden II). I have never played a game in which I went into battle with my hair standing on end. This pixelated fictional entity did it for me. Actually, only one other has done that: Id (Xenogears). The difference is that Id is not psychotic. Luca Blight is the living, walking, breathing, shouting, DSM-IV definition of a psychosociopath.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2009 5:04:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2009 5:06:06 AM PDT
Gordon: That's because their not that cool. Master Chief doesn't talk and Marcus is a cookie-cutter roid-rage run & gunner(see other games for reference like Army of Two, Killzone 2, Doom...yawn). They aren't really even characters, they're just avatars to kick butt with. Marcus less so than Master queef, but still.

Aya Brea, I meant to mention her. Let us see an HD version of her in the black dress with the slit on the side plz.

Posted on Oct 19, 2009 6:45:54 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
Sam Fisher for me, mainly because he is an ordinary man with exceptional talent.

Posted on Oct 19, 2009 11:11:15 AM PDT
aya brea in hd....now that would be somethin to see. i have seen some very nice art of her. some of those artists made her look very hot.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:57:02 AM PST
J. Parmelee says:
As a Nintendo fan boy I would have to say Link is the coolest video game hero of all time and Ganondorf is the coolest video game villain of all time.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
need xbox live friends 20 1 minute ago
First Flores says he's not interested in DriveClub. Then he says he'll play the *free* version on PS + and now he's saying he cancelled his preorder. Which is it?!? 15 6 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 3628 14 minutes ago
OT: Woman gets an extra breast to become less attractive? 23 21 minutes ago
OT: So how was Gotham? (No spoilers) 33 21 minutes ago
Metro Redux PS4 or xbone $35 4 29 minutes ago
Lords of the Fallen is 900p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4 45 1 hour ago
Made a little arcade-y Android game: Ice Cream Factory 30 1 hour ago
Weekend recap and weekly gaming - week of 9/22 53 1 hour ago
So, I broke the circle pad on my 3DS...again. 11 1 hour ago
OT: HoneyMoons 52 1 hour ago
OT: Week 4 of the NFL Season. The season is slowly taking shape while the packers are a shell of their former selves. WHO YA GOT! 41 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  66
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions