Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Randy Pitchford refuses to answer for Aliens: Colonial Marines

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 152 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:33:02 AM PST
Haha, yeah. I had the word there but deleted it because I wasn't sure if it was against the rules.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:33:40 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Man, Randy is talking about the work they did on BLands2. I mean yeah BLands2 is great and a success but does he think that somehow it excuses Gearbox from what they did with A:CM? Its disappointing to see how they're handling this whole situation. Instead of addressing it, they're trying to sweep it under the rug.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:34:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 9:35:28 AM PST
It doesn't look like the worst game ever or anything, I'm sure it's worthy of $10 or so, but I think most people are mad that they never told anyone that the game changed entirely from that incredible demo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:36:04 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/jobs

Health Care

Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance for you and your family from day one. Additional insurance coverage including Life, AD&D, and long term disability.
401k matching

Dollar for Dollar matching up to 4% of gross salary.
Profit / Royalty sharing

Industry leading profit/royalty sharing program for developers. Over $16 million in profits paid directly to our team!
Level-up bonus

$1,000 every year for you to use on home PC upgrades, career related books/seminars, and other self development.
Paid holidays

Up to 2 weeks of paid holidays per year.
Paid vacations

2 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year.
Stocked kitchens

Free snacks and sodas in our fully stocked break rooms.
Flexible Spending Account

FSA accounts allow you to pay for unreimbursed health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Flexible work hours

Individuals and Teams define their own schedules. Be valuable and useful and rule yourself - never punch a clock!
Referral bonus

We offer generous referral bonuses to our team members.
Game library

Access to hundreds of games covering all major platforms.
Company Parties

Company sponsored parties for major events and holidays.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:38:12 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think that this is the only game where saying that is trolling.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:40:45 AM PST
Haven't played the game myself. Will probably grab it when it hits bargain bin prices. It is a shame though after seeing how passionate they appeared to be towards this license.

You'd think Randy would want to account for what happened or at least give some small rationale for the results. Pouting and/or raging are not helping him or Gearbox.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:44:14 AM PST
Futzbucket says:
As soon as they start blocking negative comments, it's time to walk away. It's crazy to think that you made a perfect product, and the only way you can make it better is by accepting the word of your customers. If you're only listening to the positive customers, then how can you better your product? You can't! Therefor, if you've no interest in bettering your product, then you've no love for your customers.

I had faith in this game, until I heard he's blocking negative comments. That's just wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:48:36 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 19, 2013 9:52:50 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:50:03 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sounds like the President/CEO position could be opening up pretty soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:50:14 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Yep, and they outsource some of the work- and you profit!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:50:19 AM PST
I heard both Gearbox and Insomniac are great places to work.

As much as I dislike Insomniac's recent direction where they no longer listen to their fans and design games that don't sell well, Ted Price seems pretty awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:55:56 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Come on, Amazon! I didn't use profanity in a negative way.

Crap, I would work for Gearbox with that benefit package! Better?

Fox, If this is any indication of how he runs a business I could probably fill the position pretty easily with my zero business ownership experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:57:34 AM PST
"As much as I dislike Insomniac's recent direction where they no longer listen to their fans and design games that don't sell well, Ted Price seems pretty awesome. "

What now? I don't understand this sentence. Was Insomniac developing a bunch of small cult titles that didn't sell but had a devoted following or something? Did I completely miss something?

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:58:40 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
So not only is the graphics in the demo different from the actual game, the scenario (like with sentry gun) from the demo/trailer is not even in the actual game correct?

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:04:02 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon 9 minutes ago]

Wait, is Randy an amamod? mind=blown.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:04:08 AM PST
Finger says:
Agreed. I've been curious to see what his response would be to what seems like a disaster to many of his own fans. I don't even think he needs to say much, really. Something along the lines of "I hear you, we're working a few things out, give us a bit of time" would probably quell a lot of the irritation.

Undoubtedly some people have gone overboard with their comments, attacking him/Gearbox with undue venom, and I don't blame him for blocking the Mega D-bags. Still, acting like a Prima Donna pitching a hissy fit via Twitter doesn't help matters at all.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:19:00 AM PST
klopas says:
I've played through the game and the saddest part is that it had the potential to be great. The multiplayer is the biggest redeeming quality. The single player campaign is rough, but it had all the foundations to be memorable (in a good way) had it been executed properly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:58:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 10:59:31 AM PST
They make great, big games that people like in the R&C series, then go off and make a co-op game with a fixed camera, a co-op tower defense game, etc. These aren't the games we want. They also didn't sell well. If they want to experiment and make mediocre games, don't do it in a universe that's already been defined by far superior products.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:01:09 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
To be fair, the fixed camera in R&C All 4 One isn't really a problem. The game doesn't need an adjustable camera.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:05:07 AM PST
I consider it a problem, as it obviously was put there to focus on multiple players in one shot, adding to the fact that it's a below mediocre co-op affair with bland level design.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:06:15 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
" it obviously was put there to focus on multiple players in one shot"

Well yeah, but it doesn't negatively affect the gameplay in the slightest.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:06:18 AM PST
Ah, okay, I misunderstood initially. I thought you were saying they were listening to fans and making small games that didn't sell well but were still things that people had asked for. I've never played any of the Ratchet games, so I have NO idea how Insomniac presents itself to people. From what you're saying, it seems like they've tried going the Mario route with their mascot characters and are trying to get side-games going, but unlike Mario, most of them are terrible?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:08:29 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I thought All 4 One was ok, I enjoyed it enough to finish it. Full Frontal Assault was horrible though, even co-op was frustratingly difficult, and it got old quick. I don't think Insomniac's real talent had anything to do with either game, I'm sure the good people are working on that multiplat game.

I agree though, those two games left an ugly mark on the R&C legacy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:08:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 11:09:27 AM PST
I think so. The pulled back camera is lousy. Also, fixed cameras in general are lousy. I don't want the game to direct what I'm focused on the entire time. The game was panned because it was a mess of ideas.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:11:07 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I played the demo for Full Frontal Assault...and it was simply not fun in any way for me. I enjoy playing All 4 One, but compared to the R&C Future games it's strikingly anemic. Glad I got it for "free", otherwise I'd never have played it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
1986 NES review; The D-Pad is "a major handicap". Look at Sega Master System or Atari 7800 instead 37 5 minutes ago
Starbound Official Release! 0 22 minutes ago
340° Nordic Games announced Darksiders Remastered for Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One at Gamepolis 2016 5 44 minutes ago
First Battlefield and now Fallout...Fallout Television Show Announced At San Diego Comic Con 2 44 minutes ago
South Park: The Butthole of Time Game Title Was Rejected, GameStop to Sell a Fart Pillow Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2... 5 45 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3854 1 hour ago
OT: Dozens Killed in Mass Stabbing at Facility for the Disabled in Japan 9 1 hour ago
Game Series Besides Gears Of War That Need To End... 5 1 hour ago
OT: Sweet Christmas! Trailer for Marvel's Luke Cage. 11 2 hours ago
OT: Stranger Things on Netflix 40 2 hours ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 234 3 hours ago
Who else will abandon the sinking ship known as Sony? 1 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  152
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions