Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming 12/28 to 12/30 - Last One in 2012!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 116 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:38:05 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
That would be all kinds of awesome...yet if i got her hooked on gaming, who would i have to actually get stuff done around here?

I'm ok with her being an early bird sleeper and being tolerant of my nerdy ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:03:18 AM PST
yea, thats why i am trying to figure out who i am best with. i was getting good combos with big daddy when i was playing the arcade mode, but i can see how his specials can be a pain to hit with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:12:30 AM PST
Just got to Chapter 2. Loving the game so far.

Did you try playing the game with mouse & keyboard? I'm thinking about switching. I'm not sure I'm liking the gamepad controls as much, especially navigating the menus.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:14:22 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
I picked up FTL last night and couldn't stop playing it. I actually had to play the tutorial to figure out wtf to do cause it doesn't really explain otherwise. Learning curve seems to be pretty steep but once you figure it out its really fun. I wish they had this for Ipad then i'd play it at work! Well... maybe its a good thing its not on ipad :P

Games for me:
Finish Bioshock 2 tonight
Darksider/Darksoul/BL2 (which ever I'm in the mood for)
Still trying to decide if I wanna pick up Farcry 3/Dragons Dogma/Ni No Kuni(pre-order)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:16:32 AM PST
Gaming for me on this long weekend includes:

Farcry 3
Playstation All Stars
ZombieU
LoL
and something new from the PSN. I got a $20 gift card but have no clue what I want or is available.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:26:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:27:15 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Can't you switch between KB/M and controller on the fly? I thought that was a big feature, maybe I'm thinking of a different game.

edit: Actually I think that was Kingdoms of Amalur.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:28:26 AM PST
It's definitely on my short list for best game of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:36:09 AM PST
Actually a lot of games allow this (Amalur being one). It is one of the best features of recent PC games. I know you had to go into a menu and switch in TW2. Not sure if that is still the case.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:36:45 AM PST
Really? And you're not a big shooter fan I thought?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:37:26 AM PST
Touch screen FTL would be amazing!

And yeah, it's so much fun!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:38:20 AM PST
Sars says:
I have all of next week off, gotta love the airforce for giving me all this time off. I will be plaing some blackops 2, mass effecrt 3, and maybe some vita games. cant wait for my new pc to come in.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:39:23 AM PST
I did, but I prefer the controller.

I sided with Roche...still need to finish my next game with Iorveth.

And that sex scene with Triss--yowza!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:40:45 AM PST
That is what I'm waiting for! Then I can play some FTL on my Ipad mini!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:42:49 AM PST
Nightmare says:
I'll be playing more of Arkham City, probably more ZombiU multiplayer with my wife, and maybe some Etrian Odyssey III if I feel the need to play the 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:44:02 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
thanks for reminding me, i need to visit the calander man on Jan01.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:46:04 AM PST
Nightmare says:
I just found him yesterday. What's his deal? He was just mumbling about . . . something I can't remember. Does something good happen if you see him on January 1st?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:47:24 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
There's unique dialog, I believe. And you get a cheevo for visiting him on enough holidays.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:49:11 AM PST
Nightmare says:
Interesting. I didn't meet him on Christmas, so I wasted that opportunity . . . .

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:51:24 AM PST
DukeNole says:
Not much, if any, gaming for me this weekend. Heading out to the woods to ride 4-wheelers and cook out. I may get in some gaming when I get back on Sunday although I'll be watching football too - currently playing The Witcher 2 and Deadlight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:52:14 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
Crap. I forgot that UFC 155 is on this Saturday. Guess I'll be doing that then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:53:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:55:17 AM PST
I can count the shooters I have this gen on 1 hand, and that includes the fact that PS+ gave me Bioshock 2 for free. The others are COD4, Dishonored, and ... hmmm, that might be it.

EDIT: But seriously, this game is just all out crazy fun and worth playing. Oh and does Skyrim count as a FPS? I mean it's first person and I shoot arrows and magic.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:54:07 AM PST
I probably won't have much time to play anything as I'm going out of town Sunday afternoon until New Year's Day. If I do I may try to finish up Dead Space or continue through Fallout 3. My backlog is expanding since Christmas (although its really only around 8 games, compared to some people on here that's nothing).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:54:36 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
I have played the very first level (before you hit the first set of stairs) in the past and I do think it's an awesome game. Nice throwback to the RPG's of old although I didn't get to play those old RPG's when they first came out.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:58:19 AM PST
G-Money says:
With Kids - Power Rangers Super Legends, Just Dance games, Dora
Me - Final Fantasy IV - The After Years (will download next episode), NBA 2k13, and may whip out the original MGS or Resident Evil 3 and attack my PS1 backlog.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 9:00:03 AM PST
DukeNole says:
I also sided with Roche and am currently in chapter 2 of that campaign. The Witcher has sexed up both Triss and Vex so far, not sure if there any others later on. I'd like to do the Iorveth side of the campaign after i finish up the Roche one, but with my backlog I'll have to decide on that once I get there.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  116
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions