Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: What does Obama's second term mean for gun owners?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 334 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:01:24 AM PST
Lucanus says:
All by himself in fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:01:35 AM PST
This. There is very little difference between stopping power on the varying calibers as long as you can aim with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:02:20 AM PST
Lucanus says:
My father in law, who is a great person and a close friend, bought a house in Florida on the canal with a fishing boat..... God love him. I caught 10 red drum, 2 cats, a sheepsheed and an alligator gar. It was fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:02:20 AM PST
FOGE says:
Plus I like the idea of a handgun with 19 rounds in the magazine. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:02:48 AM PST
I guess it depends on what kind of rabbit I'm talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:03:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah... got it. That went over my head. Who knew rabbits were good in tacos?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:13:23 AM PST
Well...to revisit our old conversation...that depends upon your definition of stopping power. While yes, the raw data suggests a similar ratio in terms of hits to fatalities spanning the entire spectrum of handgun calibers, there are a great many variables that come into play in any given circumstance. While a .22 can be every bit as deadly as a 5.56 x 45mm round at times, the same comparison cannot be made between a .22 and a 5.45 x 39mm bullet simply due to terminal ballistics.

However, when talking about civilian engagements, you are absolutely right. I would put my Ruger SR22 against a Glock 19 any day of the week without hesitation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:16:00 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im not gonna lie. I chose bigger calibers because I dont want to be perceived as carrying a "chick gun"

I m also a Bond fanatic so my concealed carry (once i obtain my license) will be a Walther PPS in .40

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:16:52 AM PST
Nothing better than a good day fishing...

Back in September I caught a 140lb Siamese Giant Carp in Thailand...and a 100lb. Arapaima...and a few 70-80lb. Mekong Giant and Striped Catfish.

I used to live down in Key West when I was a young'n and loved catching barracuda.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:17:09 AM PST
Agreed. Absolutely absurd to call Obama out on this without calling every president out on this. The Presisency of the United States has been an imperial position since at least 1861.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:18:34 AM PST
Check out the Ruger SR22 man...it doesn't look anything like a chick gun...and it's as accurate as you could hope for. Plus, with virtually no recoil and a good trigger job, you can empty the clip in a heartbeat. Aside from my GI M1911A1, it's the best handgun I own.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:18:38 AM PST
"However, when talking about civilian engagements, you are absolutely right. I would put my Ruger SR22 against a Glock 19 any day of the week without hesitation."

Yes, I'm looking at it in a purely civilian engagement. I have my 7.62s otherwise. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:19:15 AM PST
Thankenzubaz says:
reasons that should be obvious:

dumb people don't read books?

Good book, btw. I like pretty much everything I've read by that dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:19:50 AM PST
I agree but a 40 packs more punch and is cheap. The 9mm someone could walk away from. The .45 is clearly to put holes through something haha. I want an XDM as well! I fired the .45 two weekends ago and fell in love.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:20:53 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
A dude I work with honestly believes that the Obama administration is involved in a conspiracy with gunpowder suppliers to engineer gunpowder which will "stop working" after a period of one year.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:21:11 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'd love to get an old-west style lever-action rifle. I think they're super-cool. But guns are a-spensive and I have other stuff I need to spend my money on. Like bills.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:21:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:22:22 AM PST
"The 9mm someone could walk away from"

It depends entirely on your choice of defense ammuntion. My 9mm with the ammo I use is just as powerful and has sufficient size hole punching ability.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:21:58 AM PST
Gotta love the SKS...especially with a side-mounted POSP scope on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:22:15 AM PST
Non civilian engagement I'm going with the S&W 500. That weapon is laughable and makes me feel like its the wild west!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:23:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:23:51 AM PST
I prefer the XD in .40 cal easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:23:18 AM PST
I hear some really crazy stuff sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:24:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 9:25:49 AM PST
That's the weapon I currently shoot with a 16 round mag.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:24:45 AM PST
When you have enough guns, you don't have to pay your bills. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:27:33 AM PST
FOGE says:
I've noticed that gun before but dismissed it since its a .22. For the price, I may have to pick one up as well. I do like the looks of it. My gf is interested in guns so maybe Ill suggest it for her. She wants something smaller. Then I can get some range time with it. Thanks for the advice man.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:29:19 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha yeah, the .45 is scary lol. Great little gun. I actually might carry that in the winter just cause I like it so much. I cant recommend the XDM enough. Its a solid handgun and feels very comfortable in the hands. I agree on the 40 packing a punch but Im using my 9mm for practice. Ill likely never carry it unless SHTF lol.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  334
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions