Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 8:49:12 AM PST
lol. 15K isn't bad, but on Inferno, praying might be your only other option.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 8:58:40 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Wow, when I quit playing my Monk had just reached 30K+ DPS. I'm not even sure 900 dps one handers existed at that point.

Looking at my character it looks like I was attempting to do some kind of hybrid Magic Find runs as I only have 17K DPS currently.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lyrick-1895/

Now I know I'm way out of date with the game. Maybe it would be a fun time to start again as upgrades would probably come much more quicker that they did when I quit.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:19:32 AM PST
J. says:
900+ on your fist weapon is still considered good dps. But with today's standards, if they don't have LS, crit damage, and a socket, they are next to worthless.

You might be able to get away with Life on Hit instead of LS, but you would have to research the proc coefficients of your skills, and find out at what DPS most Monks typically start switching from LoH to LS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 9:41:00 AM PST
yeah, the 900+ fist weapons I equipped dropped my Damage from 55K to 33K....and made me sick that I spent 600K of my 1.4 mil to get them. They do have crit and they do have LoH too, but my total crit chance wasn't over 50%. =(

The info you and Duster are giving me though is really helping me narrow down what I am looking for though. I think I can make a much more informed decision now with this info. Thanks again guys.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 10:10:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 10:11:32 AM PST
Duster says:
What do you have paired with that fist weapon though? In other words, what's the other weapon you're using in your off hand? And your crit damage should be pretty high on the weapon, or you need one with a socket to get better crit damage.

That fist weapon sounds pretty good though, you seem to have all the right stats on it. I started switching from LoH to LS at around 50k dps, that's when LS starts to become more beneficial. Once you get that going you can drop LoH from your other gear and upgrade that stuff for a lot cheaper.

Also, Kung Fu, patience is going to play a big role right now. You're either going to get lucky with some random drop you get, or you're going to have to build up you gold supply in order to get those items from the AH. Things won't be cheap from here on out.

Edit: Your critical hit chance doesn't need to be over 50%, but somewhere around 50% is a good target.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 11:48:45 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Popped on at lunch and spent a little bit too much time trying to find the monster power option. I finally did and set it to 1 and ran through the last leg of ACT3 without really paying any attention at all. It was a lot easier than I remember it.

What is the monster power level roughly equal to what the game was around version 1.4?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 11:54:55 AM PST
All I know is that Inferno on MP10 is evil........

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 11:55:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 11:57:03 AM PST
I am thinking patience is going to be the only thing I have for a while. I feel as though I must grind away on MP0 and just gather funds in order to afford the stuff I want....and hope for that occassioinal legendary that nets me 1.2 mil. =)

Edit. I think the Alkaizer run gets me about 150K in gold and then maybe another 20K in stuff I can sell plus like 1 paragon level, so not all that bad. Just gets a little boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:21:47 PM PST
J. says:
~MP2-3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:25:47 PM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Thanks, something to try after work.

I was also somewhat surprised to find ~4.5 Million in my stash. I can't wait to farm another 15.5+ and then go buy something...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:26:48 PM PST
I won't lie, there are some "Ok" items for around or under 500K. Its some of that really good stuff that costs well into the millions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:35:26 PM PST
Lyrick_ says:
I may take a peek at some better Shoulders, maybe even a ring. I just remember that it's much more comforting just aiming for the best you are willing to wait for.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:39:36 PM PST
I am still trying to find a happy medium on what I want to wait for. I think with the way my gold flow is currently and the gear I have on, I may have found it. I will look for some nice 1-handed weapons though.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:43:32 PM PST
J. says:
Blizz wants me to start my Monk back up. Last decent legs I found were a LS dex Skorn, and a decently rolled LS IAS dex Echoing Fury.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 5:36:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 5:36:13 AM PST
I purchased a 1 handed axe that had a little over 1K in damage, but had 3.0 Life steal. I paired that up with the Shenlong fist I already owned. When I have the Scoundrel with me, my Crit Chance is 34%. I have the Mantra of Evasion and the rune that gives me extra Armor. I have One With Everything on. I have Breath of Heaven that gives me more power after use. I have the last fist attack (the left click) with a rune that increases movement and attack speed after a crit I think. All in all, I think I am more balanced now. My damage is like 37K before any buffs kick in. My armor is over 5K. My dex is over 2K and I am staying alive a lot more. Cyclones spew fairly easily too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 6:07:26 AM PST
Duster says:
Sounds like you're on the right track. Now it will just be a matter of getting your critical hit chance up and attack speed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 6:20:01 AM PST
I think if I can buy some really decent pieces of equipment or find them even 1 piece at a time, that each time I do, it will make a significant difference in my playthrough. So, I keep that in mind and I grind away now. ^_^

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:10:19 AM PST
My friend, who is the avatar of luck, came over for new years, he watched me play some D3, and once he was there 3 legendary items dropped in the time frame of 10 minutes.

1 was quite useful, the others... noooot so much. But I was still in shock.

I don't understand how his luck aura works... all I know is I want it.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:12:21 AM PST
Potentially stupid question: can one solo the hardest difficulty of this game? And if so, can it be done with a character only using found equipment?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:13:17 AM PST
Yes. I soloed all of the game with found only equipment.

not as hard now as people are saying. It was more difficult back before patch 1.0.5, but it's balanced now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:14:43 AM PST
Cool! They actually made it harder with every patch in Diablo 2, by 2005 you had to do a ton of trading to even move past chapter one in hell.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:15:43 AM PST
Funny how that worked.

They added the Monster power System to D3 so people who want the harder challenges can change the MP to 1-10 making the enemies stronger, this allowed them to lessen the power of the normal game on Inferno mode so that the non elitist could beat it :3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:18:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 7:18:40 AM PST
That makes me really excited, like I gotta run to the bathroom kind of excited.

Edit: It's the pleats!

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:18:36 AM PST
Duster says:
Punk I want to clarify something. Badgerlord is right that you can solo the hardest difficulty only using found items in the game. HOWEVER, you can't do that when you crank up the Monster Power (MP) to 10. That would require buying things on the AH or playing for thousands of hours to find your elite gear...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:19:02 AM PST
So as long as I keep the MP down I can solo the game right?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions