Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Randy Pitchford refuses to answer for Aliens: Colonial Marines

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 152 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 9:03:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 9:04:30 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
"While the Internet at large still waits for Randy Pitchford -- or anybody -- from Gearbox to come clean and explain what went wrong with Aliens: Colonial Marines, the studio CEO has decided his best course of action is to display contempt for those who felt cheated when they bought his stinker.

A number of Twitter accounts, which were only set up recently and seem spectacularly preoccupied with Gearbox and Gearbox products, are lavishing Pitchford with praise for Colonial Marines, and they are now the only people worthy of his time. Anybody with criticism -- not just the insults and threats he mentioned last time -- is to be ignored or outright blocked.

Even if you like Aliens: Colonial Marines, it's undeniable something went wrong with its development, and Gearbox needs to tell people why they allowed customers to keep believing the game looked much better than it actually did. For Pitchford to refuse to talk for a week, then do nothing but publicly lap up praise for his gigantic, Facehugger-shaped ****, is absolutely astounding.

All we need now is for him to do what he did with Duke Nukem Forever and start making argumentum ad populum statements to really showcase how little respect he has for the game industry's long-term credibility. Of course, I'd prefer someone involved with this mess actually grow a spine and address the issue directly, but apparently that's as extravagant a request as asking for a decent Aliens game."

http://www.destructoid.com/randy-pitchford-has-only-time-for-colonial-marines-praise-245943.phtml

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:04:27 AM PST
LOL

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:06:22 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Man I knew this would be Destructoid, Jim Sterling I'm guessing, when I read the title.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:06:37 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Pure win. lol

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:08:10 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Pitchford= Dirtbag taken off a pedestal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:10:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nuh-Uh, it's good. Because I SAID so! You're just playing it wrong. That's it! I'm going home!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:10:49 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm not saying he doesn't have a point and that Randy Pitchford shouldn't address the issue, but Christ he doesn't have to act like such a miserable angry d-bag about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:11:53 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
You should check out his latest Jimquisition video on preordering. Colonial Marines is the main focus of his rage.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:12:15 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 19, 2013 9:31:44 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:12:57 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You people on the internet are friggin' hyper-sensitive.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:12:57 AM PST
Chris... says:
Pitchford whining on Twitter about how he doesn't appreciate criticism of A: CM being sent to his personal twitter account; his personal twitter account that he used to constantly promote A: CM.

Pitchford should grow up. What a little...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:14:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 9:15:53 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sounds like we have another Denis Dyack on our hands.

'The media hive mind killed this game before it even had a chance. Like a snowball down a hill: one negative opinion led to another, then another and eventually everyone had their minds made up before playing the game."

Yeah, right. It couldn't possibly be that Aliens, like Too Human, is just a terrible game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:14:38 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Says the guy who has more mood swings than a 16 year old girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:15:08 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't have mood swings. I'm joking or I'm not. Half the fun is figuring out which.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:16:19 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
He better fess up about how exactly he used Sega's money to make this game....the game he pitched to them that "Only a true Aliens fan needs to make"

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:16:47 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
" lap up praise for his gigantic, Facehugger-shaped ****"

lol, I liked that one.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:19:08 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I haven't played the game so I can't really comment on whether I actually thought it was good or not. It's disappointing though to see so much negativity towards this game when Gearbox puts so much work into the Borderlands series. I wonder what happened with this game and why it seems they didn't even put a fraction of the same work into it.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:20:47 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Pitchford blocked Sterling. He's also blocking anyone who says anything negative about the game:
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/303902560547401729

Haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:21:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 9:25:36 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Because they possibly used the money and resources assigned to Aliens :CM dating back to Dec 06 to fund and deliver 2 Borderlands games.

SEGA needs to get on a legal ball and gets its cut of every Borderlands game sold. I'm sure it will be cake to put together a case and see how that studios money/resources were allocated while they were under commitment to make that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:24:34 AM PST
Hah! Those tweets are hilarious.

Someone asked why the shipped product was so different than the one that was previewed and Pitchford cried and blocked him.

He needs a PR rep, because this is turning into a nightmare for Gearbox really fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:26:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 9:26:38 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Absolutely agree. Pitchford should've stayed far away from Twitter if this is how he is gonna act.

Hell, at least Molyneux seems genuine in his ambition and admits his own failures.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:26:34 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
That's definitely possible but I would have imagined that Borderlands has more than made up the price used towards it to make Aliens:CM a somewhat decent game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:27:27 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 19, 2013 9:42:50 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:29:54 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Only sometimes. Seems to be at the whim of the mods.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:32:49 AM PST
jtshiel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  152
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions