Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The kid from Two and a Half Men

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 85 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 5:32:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 5:41:09 AM PST
Ice King says:
I have no problem with people finding God, I think it's great if someone can find something to believe in, but this kid comes off as a huge tool in that video.

Sorry, I meant to include this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcZL87J8-xo

He was right about one thing though, the show is awful. Just not for the reasons he thinks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:34:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 5:35:04 AM PST
I have no idea what this is about.

EDIT: Well no idea beyond what I can put together from your post.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:35:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 5:36:15 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
He said the show was "filth" because he found Jesus. So I am wondering what the major television people are going to do about this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:36:46 AM PST
as opposed to before when it was filth because it was poorly written, acted, and produced?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:37:19 AM PST
FOGE says:
If every TV show was about showing glory to Jesus I d cancel my cable subscription.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:38:08 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I didn't read into the article much yesterday, all I know is that he makes ~350k a episode. And that the show was always filth and not funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:41:24 AM PST
Ice King says:
Oops. I left out the link to the video. Sorry about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:43:03 AM PST
OK I just read up on it and what a little D-bag. Sure the show makes dumb sex jokes, now take that $350K an episode, start some charities, and consider yourself blessed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:45:29 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think the way the show portrays women is hilarious, but not in a good way. Every woman on the show is either a super evil bitch or an empty headed slut.

I laugh at it more than with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:46:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
That covers like half of them :P

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 5:46:55 AM PST
Voice of god says:
If you're going to make a video complaining about ungodly filth, you're probably not playing to your target audience if you do it with your arm around a handsome black man.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:48:39 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:49:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:53:05 AM PST
I'm sure that kid will have a beard, I mean girlfriend in no time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:55:26 AM PST
FOGE says:
And they ll get each other promise rings and not touch each others special zones ever. Then one of em will get bored of that and fingerblast/ or go balls deep with some rando.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 5:59:51 AM PST
OK back to the video, why even post such a thing? His contract will be over soon enough and he can just make a clean break and do other acting or whatever he wants to do. Than if he rags on the show he doesn't have to worry about getting it up the butt from the shows lawyers, which if I understand correct, his religion frowns upon.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:02:05 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
I didn't know that there's a celeb on the board. Exciting.
Btw, where's Steve/Angus?

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:04:39 AM PST
Soulshine says:
[boisterous laugh track]

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:08:28 AM PST
Anthony says:
from the video:

Angus T. Jones is pleading with his fans to STOP watching "Two and a Half Men" ... claiming it's nothing but "filth" that contradicts his deep Christian values.

19-year-old Jones -- who makes $350k AN EPISODE playing Jake on the show -- is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church ... in which he talks about his commitment to his faith and explains, "If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.'"

"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

"Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it's just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to television and especially with what you watch on television ... it's bad news."

Jones also suggests that Satan is somehow involved with "Two and a Half Men."

He continues, "If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the bible says and being on that television show."

Angus says he turned to religion after realizing his life was on a "downward trend" -- which included drug use and speeding tickets.

In fact, Angus says he was dropping acid and smoking weed while he was in high school.
Angus T. Jones Slams Two And A Half Men, Says Don't Watch: 'Stop Filling Your Head With Filth'
Two and a Half Men star Angus T. Jones went on a bizarre rant against the hit CBS show during a testimonial he filmed for the Forerunner Christian Church telling viewers to stop watching,

Angus, 19, goes on for more than three minutes between the 7:05 and 10:10 mark and made reference to his character on the show, Jake, saying he "means nothing" and pleaded viewers to "stop filling your head with filth."
"Jake from Two and a Half Men means nothing. He is a nonexistent character. He is...Two and a Half Men, if you watch Two and a Half Men please stop watching Two and a Half Men," Angus said.

"I'm on Two and a Half Men. I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth."
Obviously deep into the teachings of the church, Angus says the devil works through television shows like his.

"Watch out, because a lot of people don't like to think about how deceptive the enemy is," he said.
"He's been doing this for a lot longer than any of us have been around. So we can't play around. There's no playing around when it comes to eternity."
He then makes it sound like he wants off Two and a Half Men because it doesn't allow him to do God's work.
"If I'm not doing His work, I might as well just die now. God could take me now. If I'm doing more harm than good, or if I'm doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to contribute to the enemy's plan," Angus said.

"You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not okay with what I'm learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show."
In fact, Angus even goes on to say that there's scientific evidence proving the negative effects of television on the human brain (but a positive effect on his bank account because the Two and a Half Men star rakes in $350,000 per episode!)
"The fact that it's entertainment...do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you, you'll have a decision to make when it comes to the television and especially with what you watch on the television. It's bad news."

-----------------------------------------------
this donkey's a douche.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:12:02 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yup, major douchebag

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:13:55 AM PST
Ice King says:
"The fact that it's entertainment...do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you, you'll have a decision to make when it comes to the television and especially with what you watch on the television. It's bad news."

He's got a point. If you do some research on the effects of television and your brain, you absolutely will have a decision to make. Everything leaves you with a decision to make. I wonder if his "research" involved anything more than bible passages and studies done by religious groups.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:14:03 AM PST
It would be funny if he broke into a Fresh Prince at the end of the video. It would be way funnier if he was trollin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:14:08 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Exactly, I don't remember Jesus avoiding and condemning the lepers, sinners, and other assorted undesirables.

But I do remember him rejecting those that claimed to know him. "get away from me, you workers of iniquity, you've had your reward" or something.

At $350,000 dollars an episode, he's had much more than his reward. I'm not a Christian, so it's okay if I judge him. ;)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:14:37 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I love this kid now.

Buddy Jesus says, "Please cancel this godforsaken show."

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:14:49 AM PST
Dave says:
"In fact, Angus says he was dropping acid and smoking weed while he was in high school."

Does this explain why it takes him about a minute to speak a simple sentence? The kid says "uh" and "like" more than most valley girls.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x981dfb10)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions