Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Use your Vita as a remote interface for your nasne! (Currently Japan only!)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 8:46:07 AM PST
Megaton! Sony needs to bring that ish to the US!

http://kotaku.com/5971428/sonys-dvr-system-goes-portable-on-the-vita-only-in-japan

"Torne?" "Nasne?" If you're wondering what the Hellthese terms are,don't worry. Sony's PS3 compatible DVR systems currently have no announced release outside of Japan.

Just foranoverview, torne (pronounced "TOR-neh") and nasne (pronounced "NAS-neh") are Sony'sdigitalrecording systems to record HDTV. torne is the name of the interface software, while nasne is the externaldigitaltuner/recorder. Both are available inJapanin two sets: a torne + digital tuner set, and a torne + nasne bundle set. The major difference between the two being that while torne alone records directly to a PS3's hard drive, nasne has itsown built in500GB hard drive and can be used independently (although untilrecently,it stillrequired a PS3 for its UI).

nasne has recently gotten itself an upgrade. Newly released on Sony's PlayStationNetworkStore, torne PlayStation Vita allowsusersto utilize their PS Vitas as remote interfaces with their nasne system. You canwirelessly stream and watch TV via yourwireless home network, as wellasprogram, record and play backTV programs. You can also copy recorded programs to your Vita to take with you to watch on the go.

torne PlayStation Vita is currently available for free onthe Japanese PlayStationNetwork Store for a limited time (December 20th,2012 to February 27th,2013,after which it will cost ¥800 (US$9.32)), so I decided to download it and give it a whirl.

Overall, it's pretty much just a portable port of the torne software,which is to say, simple and very user friendly. The biggest sellsfor the Vita versionare that the video looks gorgeous on the Vita's OLED screen, and the convenience of the portable nature of the Vita itself. Copying video to the Vita doestake some time though, as it needsto be downshifted from 1920 x1080 pixels to the Vita's 960 x544 screensize.

Sadly, aspreviously stated, the torne and nasne systems have no scheduled release outside the US, which isa shame,considering that although in the west there is an abundance of other DVRsystemsand methodsto watch recorded video on a portable device,any possible incentive for someone to pick up a Vita would be a plus for Sony.

torne, nasne, and torne PlayStation Vita are currently available inJapan only, dammit.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:49:26 AM PST
Chocolette says:
So THAT'S what nasne is! It was everywhere in Japan but I had no clue what it could ever be.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:50:54 AM PST
I thought that a nasne was their secret fembots. If they bundled those with the Vita's, I'm positive that they'd fly off of the shelves.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:50:56 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Wow! Spectacular news!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:51:55 AM PST
Now we just need an Emmet Graves movie to watch on our Vitas!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:01:05 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I could barely read the article, but Jason said Emmet Graves so I approve.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:02:19 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I just did a back hand spring and landed in a split over these news. I wish ya'll could see it my balls splattered on the ground right now....BEST NEWS EVAR!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions