Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Boardwalk Empire season finale *Expect spoilers*

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 9:46:48 AM PST
Ice King says:
Does anyone watch this?
When Richard Harrow first came around I thought he seemed a bit like a superhero but after last night it's pretty clear he's definitely one.
I don't think it even would have mattered if Gyp's men abandoned him, Richard would have just had more to kill.

And does anyone know if Jimmy's mother is supposed to be dead from an overdose or was she just going to use the drugs to weaken Gyp so she could kill him easily?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:49:06 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
I think she was planning to weaken him. I don't think it was clear if she died or not?

I'm glad Half Face got that kid. That was badass.

Overall, though, I thought this season stunk and was horribly boring.

I didn't understand the deal with Lucky Luciano and the heroin, where Rothstein ended up with his heroin. How did that work?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:55:38 AM PST
Ice King says:
I didn't completely understand that either, but from what I got it seems like those guys who arrested him were working for Rothstein so when Luciano gave up his heroin they gave it back.
And now Luciano and Meyer are going to have to work for Rothstein selling it but not making all the profit like they were planning.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:55:46 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Rothstein sent two of his employees to pretend they were cops and shake down Luciano to have him give up where the H was hidden.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:57:43 AM PST
Ice King says:
But it was heroin they were trying to sell to him in the first place, right?
He basically decided that he wanted it but didn't want to pay for it, is that correct?
And he's going to get his now that Nucky conned him into taking that warehouse and reported him the government.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:01:09 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
He didn't want to do the deal because of the situation with Masseria and Nucky, and preached patience. When he found out they still did the deal and with Masseria instead of him, Im sure he thought of a way to get paid and teach them a lesson for going against him.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:02:05 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Overall, thought the season was okay... didn't like how they changed Nuck into a bit of an idjit all season... what happened to the guy that could play the angles, make money, and still cared about people to some degree? Ugh... and Margaret had too much of a 'holier than though' thing going this year... she was more fun to watch when she was dabbing her toes in the water with Nucky.

Richard was awesome though... feel bad for him that he might be missing out on a woman who cared for him though. I'm hoping that Jimmy's mother gets drowned in a bathtub after all the stuff she was saying to Richard.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:05:04 AM PST
I enjoyed the season. Killing Jimmy was the best thing to happen to the show.

Needs more Harrow.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:42:28 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Oh yeah and what happened to Van Alden? Last we saw he was caught selling hooch like two or three episodes ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:48:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 6:49:29 AM PST
Ice King says:
I wonder if they just don't know what to do with Van Alden. He's been pretty useless since leaving his job as a federal agent. Now he's barely connected to a side character.
Although he was part of the funniest scene this season. When his wife nailed that guy with the iron it reminded me of something out of Looney Toons or The Three Stooges.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:50:26 AM PST
They should have ended the Van Alden story arc a season ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:53:16 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Pretty sure she is alive but she will probably have an addiction next season which will be an annoying plot line.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:54:54 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I like Van Alden's story.

You see all these goons working for their boss but never know how they come to be. This kinda gives an inside look at how someone can fall from grace to where they need to work for the mob. It has some potential to be an awesome side story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:05:28 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Also that actor is really good, which helps for reasons to keep him around.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:12:14 AM PST
M. McFly says:
I thought this was the best season for boardwalk, i thought first 2 seasons they never found there footing, this season they did. Gyp was a phenom character. I liked darker Nucky. For some reason the Richard scene just didn't connect with me, all those guys were at "war" and 1 guy can walk in and take them all out? They killed off just about everyone but I dont think Jimmy's mom died. It was like the bathtub the herion didn't kill they guy she still had to drown him. Lastly my biggest gripe was Margaret storyline, the hospital thing dragged on and I dont buy Nucky being so attached to her that he tried to get back with her at the end of the season.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:15:57 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
He is only staying with her because now he can't trust anyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:16:49 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think Nucky is more concerned with her kids than he is with Margaret. Although he's not a saint, he's also not a monster and he really seems to care about children.
And I agree that Margaret is getting a little annoying. I think that's pretty much the role of every mob wife in these crime dramas. They reap the benefits of the crimes their husbands commit, eventually feel bad about it and try to take the high road, then realize that they're not going to have it nearly as good on their own so they come back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:24:35 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
My theory is that Van Alden ends up working for Al Capone and becoming famous gangster Baby Face Nelson. His name did used to be Nelson Van Alden.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:26:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:29:14 AM PST
Ice King says:
I didn't even think about that. That would be cool.
Although his history doesn't match Baby Face Nelson's at all and he was called that for his baby face, which Van Alden definitely doesn't have.
But the show's not meant to be 100% historically accurate so it could happen. They could call him Baby Face as a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:31:27 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Yeah you are right, the show is pretty historically accurate so far so I probably don't see them making that stretch.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:33:55 AM PST
John McClane says:
Van Alden is a great character who needs more camera time and Margaret needs to be killed off.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:45:23 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Nelson Van Alden was Baby Face Nelson's name? Are we sure about that?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:46:05 AM PST
M. McFly says:
They did put Van Alden in Chicago which makes it seem him and Capone have to cross paths. I don't think Nucky is a monster I just don't buy into his attachment and now he knows she isn't into him anymore.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:49:39 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
They already have crossed paths, when Capone found out he was selling booze in his territory.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:51:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:53:11 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think he means Nelson Van Alden's name was Nelson Van Alden. Al Capone knows him by another name. I forget what it is, I think it was George something.
Which does add to the Baby Face Nelson theory since his real name was George Nelson.
It would still require a lot of history changing though, but it's not impossible.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions