Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Does the Xbox 360 have any games with graphics that compete with Uncharted 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 94 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:01:42 PM PST
Nicos says:
lol sorry i like playing games that are fun lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:19:45 PM PST
Elmo is irritating, Cookie Monster FTMFW!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:27:57 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Here it is again the Uncharted ripoff. It's for PC as well though so not even a 360 exclusive, sorry Xbots.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Project-Adventurer-Uncharted-Clone-Xbox-360-PC-Gets-Screenshots-44995.html

I have to say as a huge Indiana Jones and Uncharted fan I think this game looks really cool. The only thing that could ruin it for me is the FPS aspect.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:36:37 PM PST
Sesame Street is for all ages, dude. Don't tell me that you don't think Elmo is the shiz.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:35:35 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Too easy?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:34:40 PM PST
John McClane says:
This coming from someone who acts like a kid who watches Sesame Street.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:33:33 PM PST
lol Hook, line and sinker.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:33:03 PM PST
Keller says:
Imagine that, you don't have anything nice to say about a non-Sony game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:32:28 PM PST
Keller says:
Fair enough. It did excel at interlacing a moving story. I just didn't like the gameplay. But fair enough, thanks.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:30:29 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Doesn't the 360 have that Uncharted ripoff called Adventurer coming out in the next year? I would imagine they will try to copy UC3 awesome console graphics or it wouldn't be a very good ripoff now would it ; )

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:28:29 PM PST
Kr155 says:
if seasame street characters had FLAMING SKULLS FOR THIER HEADS!!!! seariously Halo 4 looks really good. I'm excited to get my hands on it tomarro.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:53:34 PM PST
You must've not played Rumble Roses XX - best grafix EVAR and 360 Exclusive!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:52:23 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Realistic?
The Covenant look like Sesame Street characters. And don't get me started on The Needler...

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:08:13 PM PST
Hapkiman says:
Halo 4 does look amazing. Just as good as UC3. When you see it in HD you will see what Im saying.

Pretty freakin' good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:03:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:03:34 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You do make a good point, Okami HD out-graphicses any Xbox 360 game as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:50:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:58:12 PM PST
innovative for me? i like the fact that game itself intertwines its story lines together, and that there will be an ending regardless of your outcome. now, maybe this has happened before in another game or two, but this is an innovation to me, because this is the first time i got toe experience it in such a way.

as for the topic itself. its problematic comparing graphics when it comes to an artistic stand point. you have games like borderlands, the wind waker, and okami. what do they all have in common? the use of cel-shading. comparing okami to a more realistic shooter is pointless. one game brings in an eccentric value of colors and lighting, while the other game shows off an alloy mixture of a dark, metallic gritty look. therefore, different stand points on what actually looks "better" to someone, but doesn't mean one can agree for that very reason that "i like this this graphical approach more".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:49:00 PM PST
JWK says:
Do the "realistic" aliens in Halo 4 look just like the aliens that probe you every weekend in real life?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:42:25 PM PST
John McClane says:
Halo 4 looks realistic and Uncharted looks cartoony.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:59:20 AM PST
*Knocks down imaginary Ivory Tower*

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:52:53 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

What's #1? Oh yeah, a Wii game. Graphics don't matter. But still, Super Mario Galaxy looks damn good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:39:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:08:00 PM PST
JWK says:
While I understand what you're trying to say, mayo, and I somewhat agree that because Halo is an outerspace shooter it requires more creativity than something like Uncharted. I also agree that when considering "graphics," art style plays a big role. But you're making it sound like Naughty Dog did something incredibly easy when they made Uncharted. If the series was as big of a turn-key, derivative concept as you're making it out to be, it would have bombed for those very reasons. It wouldn't have stood out and no one would have cared about it. But virtually everyone who games, rival developers (like Cliffy B), and critics see Uncharted as not just some generic Indiana Jones rip-off, but as the pinnacle of modern action games. It's the standard other third person action games are compared against. It's not nearly as simple as you make it out to be. And, by the way, Uncharted DOES have a distinct art style as well. Uncharted games have a style, look, and "world" just as much as the Halo games do.

Edit: I'd also like to state the obvious - Halo wasn't created in a vacuum. There was just as much precedent for the alien planet world of Halo as there was for the treasure hunting earthly world of Uncharted.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:33:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:50:28 AM PST
Keller says:
So true. It only had the two highest rated exclusives of the generation, sold the most hardware and sold the most software. It was over before it started:(

In fact I think I am going to trade in the Wii's top 2012 exclusive Xenoblade for some Super LBP Kart. Super LBP Kart is more graphic, thus superior.

No wait, better yet I am going to trade in my ps3 and entire game collection, so I can get a PC because graphically it puts a ps3 to shame. PC>ps3.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:33:50 AM PST
A fun game with "bad" graphics is still a fun game. A boring game with pretty graphics is still boring. I'd much rather play VVVVVV or Gimbal than Fable The Journey or Sorcery. I do think a lot of VGF members confuse good graphics with the number of pixels on the screen which is a bit silly.

Forza Horizon is one of the best looking 360 games I've ever seen. I have yet to see any tears or jags anywhere in that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:33:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:39:58 AM PST
DVvM says:
I believe it would be quantifiable, but it would be very difficult to quantify as your measurement would probably require thousands of different numbers for different things. Game engines do a lot of things.

What it's not is "worth our time."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:32:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:33:20 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Poor Wii never even had a chance.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions