Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

ZombiU - 4.5/10

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 193 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:47:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 4:48:14 PM PST
Mike Snyder says:
I've been playing for three days or so, about 11 hours in, and it's really good. I can see why it wouldn't appeal to everybody -- especially those who only have patience for fast-paced shooters. It's not perfect, either. I've seen a few small glitches, and some questionable textures (ex: a pile of clothes on the floor that looks really crude and drawn-looking up close). But the atmosphere of it is great. The controller takes some getting used to (which makes it harder than it might otherwise be), but still a fun game.

The game's Miiverse channel is pretty active with generally positive comments. That may be because most people who didn't like it didn't bother to comment. It's a shame that poor reviews are keeping people away. Although it's a very different experience, I kind of relate it to Deadly Premonition. Some people either hated it or just didn't get it, and that's a shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:19:13 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Guess he could play RE 6 then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:18:06 PM PST
Holy crap the same exact stuff I was saying earlier in this thread and was dismissed as being a fanthing for this game, or Nintendo, or something like that.

I think the first red flag was when the reviewer mentions being annoyed that he couldn't play a survival horror game recklessly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:26:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:07 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:33:44 PM PST
I mean, right in the opening video you got a pole dancer in the middle of her routine and she reaches into her holster, pulls outcast Wiimote and points it towards the camera. That is so epically over the top it becomes awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:40:03 PM PST
Apparently there's a character based off of Stephen Hawking, according to Wikipedia.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:28:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:28:59 PM PST
Everybody should play House of the Dead: Overkill.

It's seriously one of the most silly fun one can have in games from this generation.

Though it contains zombies, it's absolutely nothing like ZombiU.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:25:38 PM PST
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Gorn

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:21:51 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Goregasm is my new favorite word.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:01:53 PM PST
Without missing a shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:57:01 PM PST
Well, I think that the term is fairly applied to any situation in which you kill a ridiculous number of zombies in a short period of time.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:56:37 PM PST
Giant Bomb and Jim Sterling are like my Gamespot and IGN. I go to them first and then check out the others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:45:24 PM PST
Goregasm- A term from a fun, but very over-the-top zombie shooter. I wouldn't use it when describing buffoons who wanted CoD out of ZombiU.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:19:58 PM PST
I think that the moral here is that if you like survival horror, and you're okay with a slower-paced deliberate game that cultivates an atmosphere of dread then ZombiU is for you.

If you want to go all rambo and see how many zombies you can kill in a 3 minute goregasm and then try to beat your record, this is not the game for you.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:57:52 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Patrick Klepak from Giant Bomb loved the game. He's big on survival horror though, so he may be slightly biased.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:55:57 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Doesn't everyone these days?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:44:40 PM PST
"Then he retweets: "The red flag was when he said that the MP was infinitely better because you had more guns, more bullets, more targets."

He wanted CoD Zombies.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:28:18 PM PST
Ben Kuchera is taking this review to task on twitter this evening:

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera

"I often disagree with reviews, but I rarely dislike them. GameSpot's review of Zombiu, like @aaronlinde pointed out, is deeply flawed."

"ZombiU is amazingly effective at what it is trying to do. The reviewer didn't dislike the game, they disliked the game's goals."

"Which is kind of a different thing. It mistakes certain design decisions for bad design. The review yells at a dog for barking."

"It's unfair to send a reporter to a horse race so they can list the ways NASCAR is better. It doesn't help anyone."

Then he retweets: "The red flag was when he said that the MP was infinitely better because you had more guns, more bullets, more targets."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:19:28 PM PST
Zombie Wranglers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:18:24 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I was impressed with Resistence, even though I'm not much of a shooter player. Motorstorm was great as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:17:26 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I guess film and music critics are a lot tougher to please? It is pretty rare for a film to get a score above 80 at metacritic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:24:33 PM PST
AndrewA says:
That was my point

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:53:56 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
There's an incredible amount of pressure on launch games to be incredible enough to sell a system. When the games are less than great, they're as good as a bad regular game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:43:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 4:47:39 PM PST
I personally thought Twilight Princess was a terrific launch title. Other than that, I agree none of the systems this gen really had a great launch title, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:31:40 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Games like Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero were supposed to blow people away when the 360 launched and they ended up getting horrible reviews. If they weren't launch games I don't think the backlash would've been so strong.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions