Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

SCE President pins Vita struggles on devices such as smartphones, available content

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 68 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:05:11 PM PST
"That's certainly good enough for many."

But it's obviously NOT.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:06:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:07:16 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
But it's not, I guess you would not know being you don't even own a Vita.
I bought a 4GB with mine and it was a huge mistake, games saves alone were taking up easily over half and by the time you get a few demos/PS classics on there you are running out of space.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:10:41 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
The 4GB is terrible. Even the 8GB barely suffices. I have been stubbornly refusing to buy the 32GB at $80-100 but I will break down on BF. I hope it's closer to $50 by then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:11:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:11:56 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Yeah, it has no system seller. We both agree the 3DS doesn't either. Both are lackluster. The difference between the two is price, one is very reasonable and the other isn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:16:02 PM PST
Well, we have different opinions of system sellers. The new Castlevania and Bravely Default are 2 very good reasons to get a 3DS if you don't have one. Personally, I don't give a fig for the new NSMB handheld game but that's just me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:17:27 PM PST
Flores. says:
One is being sold at a loss, the other one isn't.
You think the one being sold at a loss is the unreasonably priced?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:18:05 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
The Vita has a few system sellers, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, ACIII: Liberation and Person 4 Golden is going to have Vitas flying off the shelf.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:18:20 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I bought a 3DS for Ocarina of Time and Tales of the Abyss and I haven't regretted it one bit. There are enough good games at this point that it didn't need one amazing system seller for me to upgrade to the 3DSXL. I can't wait for Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey and Bravely Default.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:18:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:22:21 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I think consumers have spoken, one apparently has value and the other doesn't. It helps that one does have a killer app in Mario 3D land, while the other requires an expensive memory card. The 3DS is flat out a better deal, hence why 2012 sales are 3:1.

My favorite apart of the Vita is how the SDF defends the expensive proprietary memory required..... yet they spent the last 6 years bashing Microsoft for doing the exact samething. Gotta love hypocrites.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:19:32 PM PST
N. Gay says:
I agree with Oscar 8 gb is the minimum allowing a few small games demos and whatnot. 16 gb gives you a little freedom. When it gets cheap enough I'll grab a 32 gb. And yes $199 would have been the sweet spot for a handheld.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:19:54 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Bravely Default looks fantastic. It might sell me a 3DS.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:21:33 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Flores doesn't even own a Vita, I don't understand why he is defending the price point because obviously it has not hit his sweet spot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:22:28 PM PST
Flores. says:
I'm a penny pincher. My fault.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:25:26 PM PST
"Flores para los Muertos says:
One is being sold at a loss, the other one isn't.
You think the one being sold at a loss is the unreasonably priced?"

It's just not the point and it never has been.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:25:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:26:26 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Yeah but why defend a product you clearly don't think is worth the money? It makes no sense.

Plus it isn't just the price, but the required memory card on top of the price. The overall package just isn't cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:33:58 PM PST
Totido says:
Like the Xbox 360 you bought when you were waiting for a deal?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:35:37 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
The Vita is about the luxorioz lifestyles.

If you ain't got a Vita you ain't got a Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:37:26 PM PST
For the market, it may be.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:42:10 PM PST
M. McFly says:
All will be answered soon with the holiday's, given Sony just threw in the towel on Vita expected sales forecast I am not expecting much out of the Vita this holiday season. Next year with all three next gen systems out the Vita will be forgotten.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:57:53 PM PST
Tell me when the Vita features real games.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:58:31 PM PST
Gameresq says:
Sony may be covering it's marginal cost per unit at the current Vita price point, but the Vita is certainly not "profitable" at these sales numbers. If you doubt me, read Sony's earnings release. I will buy a Vita when there are enough good games to justify it, and I am not alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:59:14 PM PST
Uncharted.
Assassin's Creed
Wipeout.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:59:59 PM PST
Flores, I'm not even saying you're wrong, but have you ever provided proof? Not speculations from tech sites, but an actual definitive statement directly from SCE that the Vita is being sold at a loss?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:00:27 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Maybe I am just strange, but I don't want to play home ports on my portable. I'd rather have unique/original content. This is the same reason I have trouble caring about Nintendo portables.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:00:29 PM PST
Oskar Guarantee™?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 243 10 seconds ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 652 16 seconds ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 143 40 seconds ago
Digital Foundry on Nintendo NX's Tegra-powered capabilities... 21 1 minute ago
OT: Decided on my new smartphone, Moto G4 Plus 39 1 minute ago
OT: dnc breaks federal law at convention: violation of section 8 u.s. code § 1324 69 2 minutes ago
How Nintendo's NX Could Go Very Wrong or Very Right 6 2 minutes ago
OT: Ghostbuster 2016, what went wrong 2 3 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6739 3 minutes ago
No Man's Sky trailer: Survive 23 3 minutes ago
Life is Strange is getting adapted into a digital TV series, Square Enix announced today 7 4 minutes ago
OT: You know what dog food tastes like? Do you? 6 4 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions