Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: You can really make some money flipping sneakers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 61 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:15:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:16:01 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
My brother got a pair of Jordans the original Jordan 1 but blue with black, and I bought a pair of Jordan 9's loved how they looked but the most uncomfortable bball shoe I ever owned surprisingly. That was it always wanted to get them but didn't have the $, and after the bad 9's experience I didnt bother.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:18:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:20:56 PM PST
Good question, the answer of course is a different pair/type every day of the week.
Right now I have on a pair of Cole Haan casual office 'shoes'. Zero logos, simple color scheme, high quality construction. Perfect for not playing basketball.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:19:40 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
What brand and what style?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:21:48 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Oh, I just looked at your profile and it seems you still read comic books. Wouldn't some say that a grown man reading comic books is the type who lives in his mom's basement and is still a virgin?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:25:19 PM PST
Yesterday (or 2 days ago?) it was a pair of Dr Martens casual shoes, unique style from london that I got in 2010. Hard to describe them other than, out of the norm for most Dr. Marten styles, casual (not for Weddings/funerals), but not suitable for dunking.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:31:19 PM PST
Don't be upset, lots of guys go through that phase of dressing like a college kid 10+ years too late. Usually a girlfriend, or job corrects the issue with mandatory wardrobe updates.

I'd still be in cargo cut off shorts, trail runners and a concert t-shirt without female intervention.

Another sure fire test is stand next to a 13 year old in the mall. Whatever you are wearing that matches what he is wearing, donate it to charity.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:32:31 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"Whatever you are wearing that matches what he is wearing, donate it to charity."

Or flip it on Ebay.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:37:10 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
When I picture a grown man wearing Doc Martens, I picture a man in a heavy metal band wearing arse less leather pants, high on acid, and having a dog collar around their neck but yet your a grown man who still reads comics. Some would say a grown man still reading comics is a sexually frustrated individual who gets off on female comic hero's breasts. It's alright though. One day it will happen for you.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:45:38 PM PST
Yung says:
Sven & Jawwaad need to hit the octagon ring...ladies & gents let's get ready to tumble!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:57:32 PM PST
JWK says:
You can probably make more money flipping burgers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:59:47 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Or flipping your Mom but the burgers idea will probably make me more money.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:16:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:17:56 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Sven looks like he made a wrong turn from check out my kindle book I'm a published author my webbook is titled "shoes make the man" and somehow landed in the VGF insulting Jawwaad one of our best contributors.

Run along Sven, and don't forget your clogs.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:23:24 PM PST
Eric DiPier says:
Wait, someone who posts a thread about making money flipping sneakers is one of the VGF's "best contributors"?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:25:40 PM PST
No, but Jawwaad has constantly linked us helpful deals on video games, and as far as I'm concerned he's an extremely cool guy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:27:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:27:59 PM PST
Yes, I am a grown man.
No I'm not in a metal band.
Your fixation on reading comics as some sort of badge of shame only continues to highlight your insecurities. The idea of "haha only nerds read comics" kinda died in 1997.

Sorry I tried to help, but you can continue on dressing like a 13 year old mall kid.

Why so shy about the "should I wear basketball sneakers all the time" profiling test?

Wait, I should be ashamed for not wearing basketball sneakers to an office job? You guys are the best.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:35:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:36:22 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
13 year old mall kid, lol.

Sven If I could get away with wearing my flannel pj's to work I would.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:35:25 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
"Wait, I should be ashamed for not wearing basketball sneakers to an office job?"

You shouldn't. I have no problem with you wearing Doc Martins. You have a problem with me wearing basketball shoes. I don't have a office job. I work at a HVAC company and Target 2 days a week. You feel all high and mighty because you wear Doc Martins (which is the number one shoe of skinheads and punk rockers). I have no problem with you reading comics but you equate wearing basketball shoes with 13 year olds and I can say some equate reading comics with virgins and 13 year olds.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:37:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:41:13 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Jawwaad chill man, he's harmless, he's just trolling for dollars. You have two jobs man, dang how do you have time to find us all these great deals ? Do you have an assistant ? A flipping twin brother ! I knew it ! Cheater !

Target tho, why Target ? Isn't that boring ? Everythings red and white and always busy. I should get a second job. I've already put a grand on my PS card on vet bills and food.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:42:46 PM PST
Whoa. I was just ordering shoes and this topic comes up...strange.

I got these: ASICS Men's GEL-Foundation Walking Shoe

They look nice and comfy.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:44:41 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
for my office job, i either wear sneakers (the afformentoned Chucks) or, more often, XtraTuf 15" neoprene boots (locally known as "Alaska business casual").

more on XtraTufs in Alaska:

http://www.capitalcityweekly.com/stories/082708/news_20080827001.shtml

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:45:18 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Hey Moulton, I know he's a troll but he seems harmless. I chose Target because it was easy to get a job there. I only work there 2 nights a week but it's a good extra income for buying my wants, not needs. It's not that bad though as I have some great fellow team members.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:47:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:50:14 PM PST
I don't think I am better than anyone. I was just poking fun of wearing basketball sneakers while not playing basketball, and it got out of hand.

I was just more poking fun at all the middle aged guys I see around who dress exactly like their 13 year old sons. Here in Cali, wearing basketball shorts, flip flops and a tank top is pretty common "going out to dinner wear"

Dr. Martens actually started as a blue collar work shoe. And while I worked plenty of blue collar jobs, wearing them now clearly makes me a poser.

Although I will admit that a few years ago I had some nike "athletic ATG or something sandals" i bought for the beach and my friends made fun of me nonstop for being a "Teva Hippie Sandal guy".

Yes, I am a grown man who reads comics. But unfortunately I am not a virgin and don't live at my mom's (RIP). If I were still a virgin, I could probably sell it on eBay and get on talk shows.

*note Timbalands, Ughs, Crocs and 5 Finger shoes are fair game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:53:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:54:35 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
<<I was just poking fun of wearing basketball sneakers while not playing basketball>>

ikr? a guy came to work in a polo shirt today. we all pointed and laughed, because there's not a horse in sight.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:53:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:55:39 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
See Sven is chill, he was just bored.

Cool, thanks Jawwaad.

Rev Otter you're in Alaska ? Cool, love to visit there but I can barely stand how cold it is in Cali, lol.

Do you see my hot girlfriend Sarah Palin walking around town ?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:58:20 PM PST
If you look at the first post I made, it had nothing to do with Jawwaad, nor was it directed to him or anyone in specific.

But this whole thing proves 2 things.
Fashion advice works best coming from your girlfriend
As long as you don't have Beiber hair, its all good
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions