Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: What is the VGF reading?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 576-600 of 631 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:43:12 AM PST
I highly recommend A Storm of Swords. It was by far my favorite book in the series. So many WTF moments!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:46:10 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I liked A Feast for Crows because Jaime Lannister is my favorite character now. I used to hate the guy, so saying he's my favorite means Martin is one heck of a writer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:47:34 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Definitely do A Storm of Swords. It's the best of that series so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:47:56 AM PST
Yeah, it's crazy how he can make you completely reverse how you feel about his characters. I never thought I'd feel bad for the character who becomes Reek after what he did, but jesus christ did he become pathetic!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:48:15 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Yeah I can't wait to hear the reaction the TV show gets from fans who haven't read the books yet. Red Wedding FTW.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:48:35 AM PST
Have you been watching the HBO series? The Storm of Swords season starts soon and I can't wait!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:49:15 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Yeah, that character is definitely in my top, which is incredible because he was so hated in A Clash of Kings.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:50:08 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Yes I love the show. Didn't read the books until after the first season.

SPOILER

The part where Ned lost his head had me so angry!

END SPOILER

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:51:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 8:56:00 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
It's definitely a high priority. Got to get to it before the next season of the show airs! I think that's late March, so I have plenty of time.

Still haven't watched any of the show yet, but really looking forward to it.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:53:31 AM PST
Chris... says:
Currently reading The Wise Man's Fear. Second book in the Kingkiller Chronicles series. I highly recommend this series to any fantasy fans.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:54:56 AM PST
Yeah, I was shocked when that happened, but in a good way. I love how it basically let readers/viewers know that nobody is safe in this series. Anybody can die no matter how major the character.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:54:59 AM PST
I grew up on it as well.

As a furry they were one of the best reading options.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:10:12 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I definitely didn't swing that way, but they were great books regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:14:14 AM PST
I loved them even when I didn't know I was a furry. I learned that fact out alter. I just think they were well written, fantastic stories with the classic good vs evil in em.

Plus I have a deep love of badgers. Lord Brocktree is my fav character and book. Marlfox is my second fav.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:13:13 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Finished Shadow of the Wind. Was really good.

Now reading Child 44 (The Child 44 Trilogy)

This is really cool so far. A dude who works in Communist Russia's secret police is investigating a murderer, but basically can't admit there's a murderer for fear of being imprisoned or executed for admitting that such a crime could exist.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:35:30 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Finished, yesterday, the last book in the Heritage Trilogy. Good stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:49:45 AM PST
Woot!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:32:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:32:50 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
Right now I'm re-reading the entire A Song of Fire & Ice series. I bought the Kindle omnibus edition that has all five books in one. That file is massive. I read A Clash of Kings last week, started on A Storm of Swords last night. Once I finish the series again I'm not sure what I'll read. I have a huge backlog of books & I keep buying more from the Kindle book discounted books thread in the Kindle forum.

Maybe it'll be The Host: A Novel by Stephanie Meyer. I picked it up out of curiosity b/c of the movie coming out soon. I got it for only $5. Don't know if I'll like it or not, I hope she doesn't Twilight it up, it's supposed to be for adults... We'll see. I also picked up 11/22/63 by Stephen King for $3.99 today, so maybe it'll be that. I've also got a few Robert McCammon novels I picked up inexpensively a while back. I'm definitely spoiled for choice. I love my Kindle.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:36:28 AM PST
Chris... says:
Currently reading The Fall of Hyperion (2nd book in the Hyperion series).

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:55:13 AM PST
AmmmY says:
The complete Louvre art collection. Pictures and the stories behind the pieces of art.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:56:32 AM PST
Have you ever been there? I went for the first time last summer. Pretty breathtaking stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:22:34 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
It does totally set everything up, too. Need to grab the next book some time soon.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:20:40 PM PST
Just finished Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens.
I'm reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.
Next is Stoner by John Edward Williams -or- The Twelve (Book 2 of The Passage Trilogy) by Justin Cronin.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:26:06 PM PST
J. Niles says:
Im still have way through book 5 og Game of thrones.
Will be reading The Dog in the Dark by barb and JC hendee next.

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 6:56:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2013 6:56:54 AM PDT
Willburforce says:
Ah-rise, chicken. Ah-rise.

About to finish Well of Ascension by Sanderson. Been thinking back on what I said before about the "inconsistancies" and the more I learn about the world the more it all comes together. Solid series. Really enjoying it. I especially love how Sanderson creates "moments".

I was laughing my a** off yesterday when I was reading this part:

*******SPOILERS*******
Dockson Breeze and Ham are all leaning forward over the table arguing what their options concering straff, desperately searching for a way to mitigate their dire situation. Then in chimes Clubs, straight backed and solemn faced with "We fight... and we die." I could just see the open mouths and the special look of indegestion from Breeze as the conversation comes to a complete halt.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  112
Total posts:  631
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions