Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

SCE President pins Vita struggles on devices such as smartphones, available content

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-68 of 68 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:00:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 2:08:08 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Gravity Rush
MGS HD
LBP Vita
Persona 4 The Golden
New Little Kings Story
Sound Shapes
Orgarhyth
Dokuro
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Ragnarok Odyssey
ACIII: Liberation

I always jump on a system when there are at least half a dozen solid titles i want to play. I must say, i did jump on the Vita prematurely in August. I got a Madden bundle with a $50 GC and scored a 32GB card for $37, so i thought it was a good scenario. Getting a little annoyed with all the ports , i must admit. I would love for there to be more original games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:02:12 PM PST
Don't be absurd. Flores thinks the Vita is worth twice the price, he just doesn't want to pay it.

Because that's how that works?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:02:34 PM PST
Still waiting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:05:04 PM PST
Considering the Vita is an actual gaming console, the wait will end much quicker.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:26:29 PM PST
I. Flores says:
The 360 you mention, does it have the Sony logo anywhere?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:28:10 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Those are not home console ports. You shoud know better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:07:36 PM PST
Finger says:
I don't understand how you can defend the price point of the Vita even as you suggest you're waiting for Black Friday (big sale). You're probably a much more serious gamer than the average person, and it hasn't drawn you in yet. How can you see this price point as reasonable for the broader audience Sony needs to attract now that the early-adopter crowd has thinned? Seems incongruous to say the least.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:08:41 PM PST
That's a point I've made before. Flores is like the Sonymite-in-Chief around here and even he didn't feel the need to buy a Vita until they threw in a high profile game and memory card. Even then he decided to wait for a Black Friday deal. Seems kind of strange that he invests so much energy defending a price point he himself is not willing to pay.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:15:15 PM PST
saskamazon says:
this month brings All Stars & Ratchet & Clank cross buy titles as well to the Vita line up .... the Vita now has a better library than it did back in Feb. .... bundling a game & memory card seems more than fair in terms of the $250 asking price .... IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:18:12 PM PST
I. Flores says:
I've never been a handheld gamer. This is the first one I'll ever get.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:20:03 PM PST
Irrelevant to my point but congratulations whenever you get around to having your cherry popped.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:04:44 PM PST
Man, you've missed out on some really good games. Never even had a PSP, GBA, or DS? Get crackin, man. You've got a GINORMOUS backlog to create. Don't worry, the Vita won't weigh your catalog down for a few more years. Just think how much less the Vita will cost you on Black Friday in 2015?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:18:48 PM PST
I. Flores says:
My last handheld was Mattel Electronics' Football II (the green one), which my folks got me in Xmas '78

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:25:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 5:25:57 PM PST
They may not be the exact same games but are heavily similar. I want more original content on portables not essentially the same games I have at home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:26:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 6:30:24 PM PST
Finger says:
Yeah, I freely admit that the price of Vita admission is just too high for me. The broader point about phones/tablets siphoning off sales seems a bit simplified as well.

To me it isn't about iphone games being cheaper and more accessible. Its the fact that everyone already has a cell phone, tablet, laptop, etc. All of those items already handle all of the non-gaming features better than the Vita. So the proposition is to buy a handheld starting at $250, expensive memory cards and games costing $40 a pop. Just a couple of games and we're approaching $500. Way too high for me, and probably most average consumers as well. Any additional features don't really enhance the value for me, so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:17:20 PM PST
I. Flores says:
You want new IPs.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:17:17 AM PST
D. Snow says:
Vita struggles because of:

-proprietary memory cards are 500% overpriced
-Playstation Store is weak, compared to XBox online store
-games in Playstation Store cost DOUBLE what Amazon charges (on average), and then ZERO resale value
-weak web browser
-weak video player
-Youtube app was 6 months late, and then missing important features

-most important, few GOOD games are coming out for Sony Vita!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:48:13 AM PST
On portables, yes. I don't want a home experience on the road, but something unique.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Bayonetta 2 Hands-On: Unrelenting, Sexy, and Totally Outrageous 42 1 minute ago
Has There Ever Been A Good Bromance in Video Games? 46 4 minutes ago
Titanfall Game Time 6 8 minutes ago
Phil Spencer met with creators of Day Z and No Man's Sky in hopes of bringing them to Xbox One 49 8 minutes ago
OT: Does Your Police Force Have a Big Scary MRAP? 48 10 minutes ago
OT: What's The Worst Hotel/Motel Etc. You've Ever Stayed In? 14 10 minutes ago
As I sit drinking doing comedy all I can say is damn I love being a real dude. 23 11 minutes ago
Is Dissidia Final Fantasy a Fun Game? 15 12 minutes ago
Pc vs Console's: Which is truly the best? 95 13 minutes ago
So this is Yoshi's real name... 14 18 minutes ago
Betrayer is in the latest Groupee "Be Mine" bundle. 10 20 minutes ago
What version of the Witcher 3 will you buy? PC, One, PS4? What do think of Triss back in the Witcher 3? 69 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions