Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Assassin's Creed III growing on me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 112 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:15:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 6:15:19 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah I really dont mind it, found a map on IGN with all the general stores; was just frustrated at the moment.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:03:59 AM PST
OP says:
Tried the multi-player, was terrible at it. I shouldn't be surprised at that, I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:33:37 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I think they went a little too far with their limitations of the viewpoints and how much they unlocked.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:39:40 PM PST
"I agree! I very much dislike having to manually uncover every single inch of the map... It's such a colossal waste of time."

Ha ha, have you seen the requirement for one of the frontiersman challenges (rank 3). It's "fully explore the FRONTIER!" That's ridiculous. Plus, you only see the general stores on the map (and can send convoys to them) if you enter them first. Meaning that the frickin' stores are secrets! Kind of a stupid move, Ubi.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:43:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:51:01 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I think if their goal is to get people to explore more, then they would disagree.

Personally, I'd prefer the entire map to be revealed since that would be better suited to my playstyle, but I don't necessarily think it's a flawed design. It's just one that doesn't quite tickle my fancy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:53:36 PM PST
OP says:
FWIW, I don't think fully explore the frontier requires you to cover every last inch of the map.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:12:44 PM PST
It's about 90% if Boston is any indication. Still hours of wandering, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:38:14 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:54 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:49:22 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You know, I think I kind of hate the cities in this game, especially New York. The burned portion of the city is just hell on the free-running pathfinding.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:01:57 PM PST
C.W. says:
That's the only structural part of the free running I haven't enjoyed in the game. I love the rest of New York and Boston though. Just those burned buildings...man those suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:13:50 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The pages are miserable too, in both cities, can't remember how many times I lost them because the game decided to jump in the wrong direction or get stuck on a window or some crap.

I also don't really like the liberation aspect or the new way they handled assassin recruits, thought that was handled much better in AssRev.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:36:17 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Aw, I really like chasing the pages. I'm finding the "accidentally running/jumping in the wrong direction" routine to be less prevalent than the other AC games, but still an issue.

The liberation stuff is hit and miss. I liked the Assassin recruit stuff at first (at least the mission stuff; I ignore all the abilities so far), but now that I'm nearing the end of them, I don't really know what I'm gaining from it. Almost feels like a mobile progress bar-style game now, like that free Mass Effect one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:38:50 PM PST
AndrewA says:
The recruit abilities are actually pretty useful if you try them. I used the fake prisoner one to waltz into an optional fort and assassinate the captain.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:42:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:42:58 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Nice. I just got that one. May try just that.

Problem is, I have the recruits on missions 24/7, so I never get to use them, lol. They've almost completed the eastern seaboard, so I'll have free rein of them soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:43:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:43:50 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I don't really remember getting so frustrated with the free-running in the other games, but it's been awhile.

I mean sometimes I just want to jump over a wall/fence and the game makes it hard as hell, in the old games if you wanted to jump down you would just press forward and the trigger, but now you basically either have to hang off of it, and then drop, or hit the jump button and have Conor jump to another wall/ledge/window etc.

I like the final missions with the Assassin recruits, but the liberation missions are pretty annoying for the most part, and the contracts don't seem as interesting as in previous games.

And yeah, I just got the ability to be a hostage while your assassins dress up like redcoats, which is cool, but I really miss arrow storm.

The AC3 assassins also seem to die REALLY fast, even fully leveled up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:53:35 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Well, maybe they made it much better with AssBro and AssRev, and took a step back with AC3, but this feels like a definite improvement over the first two as far as the controls doing what I want them to do.

Some liberation missions are fun. Carrying sick people around and burning sheets is not fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:58:19 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I don't know, I mean, there have been things in every AC game that made me pretty angry/frustrated, so maybe I just forgot the cause =p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:11:58 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Yeah I'm having that problem now too. I put off the state missions until they were leveled up enough to do them at 100 percent. I think revelations had the best recruit system in every way, but I do really like the varied abilities in iii.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:21:39 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:24:12 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I like when I'm running from guards, and I'm almost out of the yellow circle when suddenly Connor gets fixated on a fence - like, he really loves this fence, and just wants to hang out with this new, inanimate friend. They're real bros, you know. Love that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:25:42 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I guess I don't really mind the pages either, now that I've gotten them all =p

Yeah AssRev had the assassin recruits perfected imo, not sure why they changed it.

It's cool that they gave the recruits their own names/personalities, but at the same time you see them so little it doesn't really matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:26:02 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:26:13 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:27:06 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I think the Borgia towers and templar dens had a little edge because you had to find a way to kill the captain before he was tipped off to you and ran away. I mean while I did do the prisoner trick and it was fun, you could run up to any fort and just slaughter everyone in iii.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:28:27 PM PST
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions