Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Mass Effect Question (noob question)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 7:14:22 AM PST
Lucanus says:
So I am getting ready to start ME for the first time and was reading the manual about the 6 different classes. What is the concensus on what class to pick? does it matter much? I know it Demon's Souls it made a huge difference, Skyrim not so much.

Thanks in advance. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:16:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:16:54 AM PST
Yes it matters for gameplay. I absolutely loved the Infiltrator because I'm a sniper/ranged fan. Also, headshots are easy and deal crazy damage, so I could stay out of the fight for the most part.

The class you choose determines the skills and abilities you get throughout the game. Try to pick something that fits your play style.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:16:25 AM PST
It doesn't make much of a difference in Demon Soul's either.

The class you chose in ME won't effect the game's story or anything, so go with what you like.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:17:41 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I loved the Vanguard class. That's what I used the most when I play it. The shotgun is the best weapon. Don't rush through the dialogue options, it could be your undoing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:24:53 AM PST
Shotgun was powerful in that game.

The Dialogue was the reason i stopped playing those games though.

But that's just me.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:25:04 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Soldier is probably the easiest, since you can use all weapons and are pretty much a tank.

I played once as a Vanguard and once as an Adept, loved them both.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:27:01 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ha, the dialogue was the reason I played those games. It actually mattered what you said.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:27:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:27:54 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Oh, I think Capt just sold me on Infiltrator. I love sniping. My wife and I played Gears/Halo/Borderlands all coop, she runs in and I snipe.

Thanks for the help guys, I am getting excited to finally give the series my attention. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:28:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:29:31 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Are you trying to pick a fight or something?

You really don't need to come into every thread in which a Bioware game is mentioned and bash it, there's no point.

edit: Just something to think about Keller, you can use a Sniper Rifle as a Soldier too, and in ME2 and 3 you get an ability to slow time which makes headshots really easy and awesome.

Most of the combat in Mass Effect 1 takes place in narrow corridors or big rooms with boxes everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:31:33 AM PST
I just loved the infiltrator's abilities. I'd take a bit to read over their skill sets for each before you jump into one, but like Strider said you can snipe as a soldier too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:31:41 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Food for thought. Thanks. I will give it some consideration. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:32:14 AM PST
Nope I'm not,

Though I will say I liked the shotguns more in the first ME game and less so in the Second. I found myself Drifting towards the Sniper Rifle more in the second one. I can't comment on the third.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:33:31 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I enjoyed the Adept. Guess you can say I like more "magic user" type of classes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:50:28 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
it is just you ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:52:27 AM PST
Oh this I am aware!

Great Characters and Story though.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:55:15 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
You need to take into account the skills of the squad members you want to use in your party. You want to try and be very well rounded. If you plan to take along an adept squad member, probably don't want to be fully adept yourself.

Also in ME2, about halfway through you find a thing that lets you add a weapon skill to your class. So from that point you could snipe with any class. In ME3 you can use any weapon with any class. They added a weapon weight to ability cool down balancing system.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:56:09 AM PST
Out of curiosity what system are you playing this on?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:57:16 AM PST
Lucanus says:
xbox 360.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:00:01 AM PST
prsmooth says:
All I am going to say, the Adept class is a beast! Totally owns especially in the harder difficulty settings. The Crowd Control powers like Singularity are very helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:00:37 AM PST
*nods*

Did they ever fix the graphics issues in the first game? Maybe it was my xbox, but the textures didn't really load quickly. I would see a cut scene and it would be really fuzzy, then slowly surfaces would start to remember that they had textures one at a time. Same with peoples faces and such, was odd.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:02:54 AM PST
Lucanus says:
No idea, I haven't played it yet. I will finish Wind Waker this weekend and start on ME next week. I can let you know. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: How American parenting is killing the American marriage 41 56 seconds ago
OT(?) More Alienware Help Please - Alpha vs. X51 46 1 minute ago
OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS) 2298 3 minutes ago
Favorite movie ever, ONE ONLY !!... 50 3 minutes ago
Free Sunset Overdrive DLC Costume "Granny's Revenge" Now Available Directly from Microsoft 0 5 minutes ago
Sony provides information on PS4 Share Play; USB Music Player app 0 7 minutes ago
12 years ago, one of the most talented lead singers in Rock history passed away. 467 7 minutes ago
PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Graphics "Off The Charts," Sony Exec Says 13 8 minutes ago
OT: Other than sports, list your Top 5 TV/Cable programs last 5-10 years 65 8 minutes ago
Toys R Us `Breaks Bad' with New Crystal Meth Toys 3 10 minutes ago
Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U to get live stream! 2 19 minutes ago
Ubisoft presentation compares Xbone, PS4 and 7th gen systems 29 19 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions