Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Messed up my persona 4 preorder skin..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:52:27 PM PST
badeggsalad says:
Reports of scratches from here:

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/64758123

http://www.gamespot.com/persona-4-golden/forum/post-here-if-your-skin-is-imperfect-64689469/

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=303906

Yeah, I'm anal too. Stumbled across this stuff the other night & decided I'm going to remove the clear portion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:27:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:31:29 PM PST
Nerf Armor is awesome. We've used it on the PSP, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DS XL, and PS Vita, and it's always worked perfectly. Basically, my son has had a game system of one kind of another in his hands since he was two (limited time each day, of course), and they all look like new due to Nerf Armor and screen protectors. My son is not violent with his systems or anything, but he's prone to dropping things, and with Nerf Armor, they just bounce off the floor unaffected. Until recently, I just used it on the dwarf's systems and not my own, since it's rather bulky, but it's very lightweight and actually makes the PS Vita more comfortable to hold, IMHO, and it makes that rear touchscreen less prone to accidental pressing. I'm still trying to decide if I prefer my own 3DS XL with or without the Nerf Armor, but I'll probably keep it on.

P.S. I have to say: I think the yellow and black Nerf Armor looks pretty great on the Vita with P4 skin, but then the extra bulk doesn't bother me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:19:29 PM PST
Anthony says:
so that Nerf Armor actually works? was going to buy one for my mom since she's a klutz. and that's not helped much by the fact that she can't really get a good grip on things since her last stroke a few years ago. not much strength in her hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:15:03 PM PST
LOL, I never imagined how much I would love Nerf Armor! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:13:51 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Hey Classic. Yeah, if I had a little one running around I would be just like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:06:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:14:11 PM PST
Sadly, I use screen protectors on all of my heldheld systems and my iPhone. I'm just too anal-retentive not to do it, especially since the dwarf winds up sharing a lot of my electronics. A scratch can happen all-too-easily with just a second-long mistake. You can't ask a five-year-old for perfection, and I eff up enough on my own, lol.

To clarify: I especially think it's important for anything with a touch screen (just inviting scratches), but even my Pearl Blue GBA SP and Famicom Micro have screen protectors.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:02:49 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
The only devices I've used a screen protector on were my original 3DS and my Wii U game pad. My DS, Vita, and phone have no screen protectors and I have not experienced any scratches or anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:56:11 PM PST
Okay, but you can use it to tape his mouth shut then! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:55:43 PM PST
"I'm planning on taking an X-acto knife & cutting out the clear portion that covers the screen before I even apply it. From what I'm hearing it scratches more easily than a regular screen protector does, I guess it's made out of different stuff."

That sounds like a good idea, but I'd probably just mangle it, lol. I saw that little disclaimer about it not being a screen protector on the P4 skin packaging, but I did take my screen protector off for now when I noticed the P4 skin had what basically appears to be a clear screen protector built into it (regardless of the disclaimer), as I thought the edges would be problematic. Have their been confirmed reports that the P4 skin doesn't protect the screen and/or scratches easily?

I was pleasantly surprised by the easy of application with the P4 skin, btw. After I removed the screen protector, the P4 skin went on *almost* perfectly. I did notice one tiny fleck of dust that got in there as I applied the P4 skin, but I just lifted it back up a bit, used scotch tape to remove the fleck, and then got it down without any blemishes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:37:13 PM PST
I. Flores says:
You can't fool Mr. OCD with just a piece of scotch tape, sister.
It knows.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:32:29 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Ugh, I know what you mean. I just barely got my Vita and I put on my screen protector 4 different times. I have 0 bubbles underneath it but because of that I know have dust underneath it that is bugging the crap out of me. I'm going to just try getting used to it but I know it won't work. I'm too anal.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:59:07 PM PST
If it's just a small fleck of dust or lint, you can always use scotch tape to lift it off without damaging anything.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:24:33 PM PST
Ham Salad says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:26:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 4:26:23 PM PST
badeggsalad says:
That stinks. I'm planning on taking an X-acto knife & cutting out the clear portion that covers the screen before I even apply it. From what I'm hearing it scratches more easily than a regular screen protector does, I guess it's made out of different stuff. I have Hori protector on my Vita, so I'm going to carefully cut out the clear portion & apply it over the Hori protector already in place.

Any chance you could take a bowl of warm water with a very dilute solution of dish soap & clean it carefully? You could clean it, carefully lay it out somewhere as dust free as possible to dry & then stick it back to the original backing & X-acto the clear portion out... Just an idea. It may still be salvageable.

I lucked into a Solid Gold edition of the game a few days ago on Gamestop.com. I'm guessing they had a handful of online preorders whose credit cards were declined for whatever reason... I was super excited to get that version having missed out on it when it was available.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:45:46 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
Same thing that happened to me, there was a tiny little bit of dust >.> , try to scratch it off ending up roughing up the screen protector a bit, long story short it's useless now.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:37:14 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Sorry to hear man. I had to run out and buy a new Hori Screen Protector because a tiny hair got stuck right towards the middle of my Vita screen and my OCD wouldn't let me ignore it. Even the tiniest imperfection and I have to start over on my screen protectors.

I tried to remove the hair and then reapply the protector but the number of imperfections increased and it went downhill from there.

Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 3:25:36 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
My life is now over, My screen has more bubbles than spongebob's house.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Hey look at me my name is Jason the rational Sony fan but I'm a diehard Xbox apologist! 30 22 minutes ago
VGF Connected Franchise (Xbox One) 24 31 minutes ago
Microsoft Murders Their Tokyo Game Show Conference This Year Due To Lack Of Interest, But Phil Spencer Will be in Attendance 24 37 minutes ago
OT: Anyone see the Doctor Who premiere? (May Contain Spoilers) 13 57 minutes ago
if you could only travel back in time to a hundred years and be stuck in that time period, what year would you choose and why? 40 1 hour ago
OT: Meet Chubbiness, Japan's Plus-Sized Idol Group 87 1 hour ago
dis one time i shoryuken 'd my cat and it did a spinning bird kick 10 1 hour ago
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 8323 1 hour ago
Stupid Microsoft. 3 1 hour ago
I had to share this story since I was telling it on Comedy Night 11 1 hour ago
OT: Retired Cop Ray Lewis Blames Corporate America for the Situation in Ferguson 24 1 hour ago
OT: What is the craziest true fact you can think of? 22 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions