Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Guardians of Middle Earth

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2012 3:09:10 PM PST
Jon says:
Anyone else pick it up this week? I just finished downloading it and played two matches. Matchmaking is slow, but AI opponents can fill in empty spots which is nice for months from now. There are plenty of playable characters and unlocks.

The game itself is harder to follow as colors and characters tend to blend together IMO. There are no item builds in game, but there are certain items you can add to your characters build, leading to pretty similar champions builds. There is no mana and health regenerates fairly fast.

Its alright. Don't think it was worth the $15 as all I want to do is go back and play LoL...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 6:32:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 6:40:03 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I've still got 20 minutes left of battlegrounds time and 30-something minutes of custom time in the trial. Things I like about it are that games are capped at 20 minutes so they don't go on forever which adds a sense of urgency, and it's a bit easier to jump in and out of a game since you don't have to study up on effective builds beforehand. I also like the one-lane mode... it's a lot less tactical, but faster paced and pretty fun.

I agree that the more "realistic" graphics versus the cell-shading of LoL can make things a bit harder to follow when things get hectic.

Are you playing on PS3 or 360? I'm doing the trial on PS3 and the matchmaking was pretty turrible. The two games I played I was solo on one team against two guys on the other, with a total of 7 characters being played by AI. That's weaksauce.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 6:35:35 AM PST
Brad Michael says:
I downloaded the demo on PS3 and I like it! Being a mac user, I don't have a way to play LoL, and I've been dying for something to scratch my old school DOTA itch. But, matchmaking screwed me so I quit for a while. I would love to find a partner to dual lane with, I think it'd be crazy fun.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 7:04:54 AM PST
I'm playing it on the 360. Matching making has been hit or miss. I enjoy it though. Of course, right now I love any and all MOBA, but LoL is the creme de la creme.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 7:06:53 AM PST
Jon says:
Im playing on PS3 if you guys pick up the full game and want to play together.

@Brad, you can play LoL on a mac, search iLoL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 7:21:12 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Have you been able to play any matches with more than 4 human players?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 7:24:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 7:26:06 AM PST
The last two I played were full on 5v5 and it was at 8am and 9am Central.

EDIT: This was yesterday, not today.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 7:26:36 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I'll have to download the trial on 360 and see if I notice a difference. Playing solo against two humans was a real buzzkill last night, even though I did manage to win one of the matches.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:59:30 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i was going to until i found what a MOBA is. i dont wanna fight against other people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:15:05 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
You can play against AI, but it's pretty repetitive and kinda defeats the point. My opinion, of course. Some people love wailing on AI, but I stopped finding that satisfying after high school.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:22:56 AM PST
All i've been playing so far is skirmish which is 5 players vs the AI and i've been having quite a bit of fun with it though in my opinion the ai seems to be a bit over powered, I think i've only won like 3 out of 10 matches. I am feeling a bit more comfortable now though, I've found a few charaters that I really like so I might be ready to jump into some 5 on 5 matches against other players.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:40:55 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i just wanna avoid PvsP. if its co-op vs a.i. i thrive on that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:48:09 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
There is that option.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 12:59:52 PM PST
Have you tried the demo? I think you can do a skirmish match in the demo, check it out and see what you think. I had never played a moba before this and i'm not much for competitive multiplayer either but i've really gotten into this one.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:29:20 PM PST
Os Money says:
i find it rather fun and the just had 2 new characters and a new map release. (Done with season passes!!!) What are you using as far as load outs go?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions