Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wanting a PSVita, however...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 103 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:58:56 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
awesome, thanks!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:00:45 AM PST
L. Freese says:
The Vita sales did not go over so well so I am told. Sony is not to happy over its sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:03:39 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
Do you like survival horror-ish games like Fatal Frame? Take a look at Corpse Party, it's only available as a digital download PSP title, but it's a very cool game. Very creepy & addictive. It's got some quirks, but it's worthy of a download. I picked it up on sale for $9.99 back in October, but it's fully worth the $19.99 I think is full price.

http://www.1up.com/reviews/corpse-party-psp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:04:11 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Sounds legit. To legit too quit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:06:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:06:26 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I HAVE heard about that one! Thanks.

I'm not looking to buy more games now but I'll add that one to my list of things to check out. I really have no knowledge of the good, unique PSP games.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:08:08 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
You took an arrow to the knee.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:15:21 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
I am happy I picked up my system. It really is beautifully made, just a nice piece of hardware. I can't see myself replacing it with a revamped SKU unless they dramatically increase battery life. I got the bundle here on Ama on Black Friday & lucked into a Solid Gold edition copy of Persona 4 on Gamestop.com when they became briefly available. I have totally gotten sucked into it. Every time I pick up the system to play I lose hours of my life, haha.

I just redeemed one of my PS+ codes last night so I could get Uncharted & Gravity Rush before they went unavailable, although it'll probably be a while before I get to them. From what I understand, even if I don't get to them & I let my month expire, I'll be able to get the games back when I re-up w/another month's code. I have 5 more months of PS+ codes to use, but I'm gonna hang onto them for a while so I can get through P4G.

Interested in picking up Ragnarok Odyssey & Growlancer, but will probably wait on those for a while too. My backlog is heinously huge, so I'm trying to exercise a little bit of restraint in game purchases for a while. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by my backlog, so I just try not to think about it. I'm pretty darned happy with my purchase of the Vita, though. The price on Black Friday was what pushed me to make the jump. I feel like my 3DS purchase has just now over the last few months become worth it, & there's just enough on the Vita to make me satisfied with buying it at this point in time. It's only going to get better from here, I think.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:19:18 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
1) Is there a list of free games you get with PS+ on the Vita?
2) If I bought Dungeon Hunter Alliance on PS3, do I get it free on PSV?
3) If I get PS+, can it be activated on PSV and use the same account on the PS3?
4) Is 4GB enough to hold a few digital games plus 1-3 retail games?
5) Would you get AC:Liberation or Uncharted GA?

Can someone answer these 5 questions please?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:19:25 AM PST
Soulshine says:
"From what I understand, even if I don't get to them & I let my month expire, I'll be able to get the games back when I re-up w/another month's code."

This is true. HOWEVER, look closely at the expiration date on free codes for Plus. I have a bunch but they are all marked for expiration on 3/31/13. So don't sit on those for too long.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:21:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:25:37 AM PST
1) Earlier in this thread someone posted the list. Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA, Tales from Space, Wipeout, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jet Grind Radio... I think there were 6
2) Only if its part of the "cross buy" program, so I doubt it.
3) Same account for both items. It'll just activate on PSV
4) Barely. Some retail games might use up the whole card.
5) You get U:GA free from PS+ right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:23:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:24:01 AM PST
Chocolette says:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. ACLib

Well. No.4 depends. Meh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:23:20 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
Thanks for the heads up Soulshine. I just looked & mine all expire on the same date you listed, 3/31/13. So, guess I'll just plug them all in now & stack the months. At least I won't lose them that way...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:24:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:27:17 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i really want to pick up DHA for vita, but i bought it for ps3 a few years ago and never really played it. i may pick it up on sale. i am looking forward to getting the vita on xmas, and will only have BLops (probably not for long though), hot shots, NFS, and allstars. ill pick up gravity rush soon afterwords, and then just looking for good deals on games.

forgot about also getting MLB the show and MK.

what am i missing out on? i dont have any interest in Uncharted or AC.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:25:16 AM PST
I love my Vita and I think it has some great promise. Sadly we are waiting on the game support. I have been playing some of the PSN games that are enjoyable along with Madden, MLB the show, and All Stars has been absolutely amazing. I can't wait to level up or unlock more content. I feel like All Stars came out at the perfect time because I haven't played anything else since then. It's the perfect game to pickup and play whether for 4 hours or 10 minutes. It's also my ultimate "dropping a deuce" game!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:28:14 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
How does MLB the Show play?

@Drizzle, I might get the blops bundle and just sell it. Keep the memory card.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:29:15 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
1) See Caps list
2) Needs to say cross-buy and if it is I think you need to pay for the PS3 version.
3) Your PS+ account is tied to your PSN account - activate that on either machine.
4) Not really, but it would be enough to get you started.
5) Uncharted but really, I'd get the AssLib bundle and then sign up for PS+.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:29:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
For #5, I wouldn't even consider AssLib if I were you, you hate all the AC games remember?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:31:15 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
yea, i am getting the bundle, was hoping the online isnt broken for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:31:25 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
1. Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Jet Grind Radio, Tales from Space: About a Blob

2. No, Dungeon Hunter Alliance is not a cross buy game

3. Yes, PS+ works on the PS3 and Vita with the same subscription

4. No, 4GB would only fit a few games depending on the size of the games. Uncharted alone is over 3GB

5. You will get Uncharted automatically with PS+ if you purchase it while it is available. I haven't played enough of Liberation to recommend it though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:31:29 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
But he still is going to want to grab a bundle of some sort, so it's either the white Vita and AssLib or a black with Madden, Blops, or Lego Batman (which, while the game is good, doesn't come with a mem card.)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:32:25 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Long term, 4GB isn't enough, but really it'll get anyone started.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:35:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:51:38 AM PST
MLB the show plays exactly like its console counter part. It has all the same options like franchise and RTTS. The gameplay is identical and the difficulty can be adjusted although it feels about right at the medium setting. I enjoyed playing RTTS more on the vita then the PS3 because I could take it anywhere and play a couple of games. Also the online play has no lag what so ever. There is a new pitching setup but I just used the options to go back to the old way with the meter. I feel that it was one of the better Vita games when I first picked it up. Madden on the other hand plays more like previous years. Sometimes you will see some issues with the presentation like the players not having their names on their backs and what not but the gameplay ran perfectly smooth as well. I can't wait for next years versions now that they have seen the capability with the Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:45:39 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Fun wise, would you consider Madden 13 or MLB 12 for the Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:51:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:51:25 AM PST
That all depends on you. I love baseball and find it a challenge and the online is solid. Madden is probably MORE fun gameplay wise but has more graphical errors. I love that if I need a 20 min period of time to play I can just play some RTTS because a game on Madden is like the consoles where it can take around 30 to 45 min to finish. Either way the vita lets you turn it off and back on to continue where you left off. Difficulty wise The Show is much harder than Madden. Both franchise modes are done very well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:01:58 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Well if Madden plays just as smooth as consoles I might just get that for my sport fix.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Should Breeders who are Welfare Recipients be Sterilized? 7 10 minutes ago
Snowflake's (D. Snow) Necrobumping 81 13 minutes ago
CDC Study on Gun Violence DESTROYS Obama's New Gun Control Push 52 15 minutes ago
playstation neo migh be more powerful than you think 3 19 minutes ago
Why do people complain about open world games but continue to hype and play them? 20 26 minutes ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 341 28 minutes ago
OT: Conservatives Hurt the Economy Once Again: Global stocks tumble after Britain votes to leave the EU 28 34 minutes ago
Build your own music super group(s) 128 1 hour ago
nintnedo is irrelevant 19 1 hour ago
XBox One S: same disappointing gaming performance, but now in a smaller box. Overheating issues? possibly... 55 1 hour ago
On the Kinsey scale of 1(lowest) to 6(highest), how Gay are you? 12 1 hour ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 43 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions