Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls DLC thoughts (will contain spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 203 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 1:13:30 PM PDT
That is insane, he is SL1 and hitting 4 kings for 800dmg ....

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:27:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 2:28:35 PM PDT
Alright now that I'm home found the videos.

http://youtu.be/zRXqOBZJBuQ
This one is part 3 in his series after Quelaag, he tackles Sen's Fortress and the Iron Giant. I'm really waiting for the next part with Anor Londo.

http://youtu.be/Ob0hV4JWonM
Probably one of the funniest PVP Dark Soul's videos I've seen yet. No ledge? No problem ;)

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 4:07:36 AM PDT
So, going by what I'm reading at IGN the Pendant item thing was a troll. Pasted below is a small snippet of an article.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/dark-souls-miyazaki-talks-artorias-of-the-abyss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to that. After Artorias the DLC's final stretch goes to the bottom of the Abyss, where its father Manus dwells. This boss isn't just one of the best fights in the entire Souls series, but carries many answers about the nature of the Dark Soul itself - as well as being, at bottom, a human who goes crazy over a pendant. Sound familiar?

When Dark Souls first came out, an answer Miyazaki gave in a Famitsu interview said he'd choose either nothing or a pendant for his starting gift in Dark Souls. The pendant, which has no in-game function, became a focal point for the wilder elements of the community, and the centre of every conspiracy theory going.

I ask Miyazaki whether Manus is a little dig at the series' more obsessive players. "That is a very interesting consideration," says the devilish fox. "But I suppose I did not include the meaning." And as for the original pendant speculation, brace yourselves Dark Soulers for Miyazaki's final word: "When it comes to the pendant, I actually had a little bit of an intention to play a prank."

------------------------------------------------------------------

While kinda funny, I feel kinda dumb for all of the hours I tried to figure out what to do with the dang thing.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:28:47 AM PST
Him says:
Apparently, the BB glitch affects trophies...I got all the rare weapons on the wiki list, but still no trophy. I think the only rare weapon I passed down through BB was the Demons Great Hammer, so I will get that on NG++ and see what happens.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:01:44 PM PST
Not sure that's true Hmph. I have done the BB glitch in the past and I got the platinum. You may have missed out on some weapon.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:03:17 PM PST
Him says:
Well, I definitely have every one on the wiki page. There is some question about the Cursed Blade, which I don't have...maybe I need that one. I have Dark Hand, so I know it's not that. Actually, I got Dark Hand to drop from a DarkWraith who also dropped a Tite Slab at the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:06:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:06:58 PM PST
You can trade a sack to snuggly for the Demon's Hammer I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:07:19 PM PST
That evil, evil man!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:07:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:11:37 PM PST
Him says:
I looked and saw I actually have 2 of them, so I must've gotten it legitimately at least once. On a side note, I'm +2 in the Sunlight Covy and still haven't gotten the Sunlight Spear, so my miracle trophy may not happen either :(

Good news is that I'm only a red tite slab away from all weapon ascension trophies completed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:08:45 PM PST
Sunlight Spear is trading the soul of Gwyn and can be done at level 1.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:12:16 PM PST
Him says:
Ohhhhh...guess I'll have to trade that in NG++ since I made the sword from his soul already.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:49:16 AM PST
Him says:
Finished off my 'Wisdom of a Sage' trophy last night...still looking for that elusive rare weapon, though.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:51:45 AM PST
Bionix01 says:
The trident was the most annoying one for me. It was the last one i got and it took hours.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:53:53 AM PST
Him says:
I sat down expecting to farm for the trident for many hours...I equipped the Gold Cov Ring, upped my Humanity and set out. I killed 2 Channelers and got the drop. I was shocked...it took longer to get a SK Spear drop in Anor Londo for me. But I can't figure out what weapon I'm missing...all the lists say I should have the trophy.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:12:47 AM PST
The lists have been known to be wrong. Make sure you have the more common weapons. I was surprised when the trophy didn't pop up on my screen but then realized that I was missing a stone greatshield (which is not considered to be that rare). As soon as I got one, the trophy showed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:14:32 AM PST
I have the plat on PS3 and if need be I can let you hold some stuff to get the trophy to pop for something elusive.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:11:58 AM PST
Him says:
Thanks Capt, I've got my character to level 126 now if you can invade/summon at that level range. I wonder if the Avelyn is needed? I don't have that on this character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:14:34 AM PST
I think I'm SL 137. I'm not 100% sure, but I can check tomorrow night when I have access to my PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:14:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:15:58 AM PST
I never collected Avelyn.

Which guide are you going by? There's an item in the official guide that isn't listed, but required. There's also some items listed that are not required.

Do you have both the Artorias Greatswords? Jagged Ghost Blade? The stone weapon/shield? All the rare shields?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:21:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:22:52 AM PST
Him says:
I'm going by the list on darksoulswikidot. Yes, I have the Cursed GreatSword of Artorias and the normal GreatSword of Artorias along with his GreatShield. I have 2 JGBs and both Stone Knight items. I have all the shields listed and boss weapons listed. I turned my +10 Washing Pole into the Chaos Blade. I killed Leroy and got the Grant and Sanctus. I got the Notched Whip from the phantom that attacks in the Painted World. And I've got all the tail-cut weapons, except DLC ones which don't count. I think I'll look tonight for some other lists and compare them if I have time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:55:52 PM PST
Jagged Ghost Blade is pretty common I thought, I've thrown away a few of them.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:52:12 PM PST
Jagged Ghost Blade is a common drop...do you have the Ghost Blade?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:38:53 PM PST
Holy Derp I Herped big time on that one. I probably don't have the non jagged. Now I have a reason to go back to New Lon

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:23:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:24:44 AM PST
You don't need the Ghost Blade from the banshee to get the trophy. I never got one, but I have the plat.

You also don't need the Tite catch pole or the Baldur Side Sword.

The jagged ghost blade is required, so are a few other "not so rare" items like the stone giant's items, the giant's items (sold in Anor Londo), Baldur shield (I think), and a bunch of others you can buy.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:46:55 AM PST
Him says:
I finally got it! I had to buy the Giant's Halberd from the Giant Blacksmith. I'd never seen that weapon on any list before last night and didn't realize that I never got one on a drop. I had the Giant's Shield already.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions