Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Thoughts on Halo live action youtube series?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 3:26:57 PM PDT
Halo: Forward unto dawn, as it is appropriately named is a live action youtube series. It follows young cadets through training that are bombarded with war and rescued by Master Cheif.

What are your thougts on how well the story was? Was it accurate with the game? What could they change/improve?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:33:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 4:03:27 PM PDT
Isn't there supposed to be 3 more?
to my knowledge, the storyline in the live action series isn't covered in any of the games...

Just watched ep 4...if they kept to the same format and production id love to see this as a tv series...

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:37:36 PM PDT
I am not really digging it but I know a ton of people are so they are doing something right.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:33:03 PM PDT
They made 5, which are all out now. and thats all their gonna make.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:33:41 PM PDT
I think its interesting the way they went about it from the point of view of the young cadets.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 4:58:48 PM PDT
Fullme7al says:
I am a big halo fan, but other than the cool looking suit for Master Chief (the helmet needs some work), everything else was meh. I know they had a limited budget but it could have been so much better. I believe Legacy studio did the special effects, which really didn't seem like it. If you don't know Legacy does Iron man and a lot of other movies. But I can actually live with the special effects, I think the biggest mistake that was made was the director. The shots were horrible, and I believe the director wanted to be like the second coming of Micheal Bay. The slowmotion in the entire series was pointless, it almost rivaled Paul W.S Anderson in th eResident evil franchise. Minor Spoiler, and the end were kelly and I believe Fred took off their Spartan helmets and looked to Master Chief as if he was going to take his off as well was downright stupid and cheesy. Overall I'd give it like a C-.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:19:15 PM PDT
It's so good. About time they did something like this. It was engaging. Did you watch the series Full? C- is laughable. They did an excellent job, just wished it was longer. Storyline is good, it fits the games/books and will lead into Halo 4. Covenant look awesome and so does Master Chief could have had a little better acting and more Master chief. Although it tells a story i would easily give it an 8.5

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:36:43 PM PDT
I thought it was pretty damn good as far as web series go.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 5:36:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 5:40:08 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Not bad but I liked Mortal Kombat: Legacy more. Hope season 2 comes out soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:56:14 AM PDT
what is this Mortal Kombat: legacy you speak of? is it on youtube?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions