New Mega Man Game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 8:56:48 AM PST
JWK says:
Capcom Promises New Mega Man on Consoles
"I can say with certainty that you've not seen the last of the Blue Bomber."
by Luke Karmali NOVEMBER 14, 2012

After fans were told not to expect a new game in the Mega Man series to coincide with the franchise's 25th anniversary this year, many were worried that this signalled Capcom had no plans to expand upon the series any further. Thankfully, in a new interview the company has revealed this isn't the case.

"
I can say with certainty that you've not seen the last of the Blue Bomber on consoles and handhelds.

Speaking with Nintendo Power (via Siliconera), Capcom USA senior vice president Christian Svensson explained that we'd be seeing a lot more of the Blue Bomber in future on both handhelds and, interestingly, consoles too.

He explained, "I can say with certainty that you've not seen the last of the Blue Bomber on consoles and handhelds, and, with luck, we'll be celebrating his 50th anniversary, including all of the games you're going to enjoy over the next 25 years.

"That said, an issue we've had in the past has been talking about games and announcing them before we're certain they're going to come out, which unfortunately has lead to profound disappointment for many fans. So for now, I'm going to have to stay mum about any details."

The last game to be released in the series was Mega Man 10 back in 2010 on XBLA, PSN and WiiWare.

Luke Karmali is IGN's UK Editorial Assistant. You too can revel in mediocrity by following him on IGN and on Twitter.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/14/capcom-promises-new-mega-man-on-consoles
-------------------------------------------

We'll see. I won't believe it until Capcom has to respond to locked, on-disc DLC and they're making plans for "Mega Man 11 Super Turbo Ultimate EXE" edition

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:59:05 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm sure the purists will hate me for saying it but no more games like Mega Man 9 and 10 please.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:03:11 AM PST
JWK says:
Really?? You into the X games more?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:05:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:06:28 AM PST
I don't want a new Mega Man game

I want a new Mega Man X Game. I have a deep love for the X series. And in all honestly don't care for the original Mega Man. No dashing... or wall jumping makes me a sad badger.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:06:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:07:13 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Way more. Even back in the day I was never a huge fan of the games on the NES but I was completely obsessed with the X series on the SNES and beyond.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:08:11 AM PST
The Mega Man X collection was a wonderful release, I even have Command mission.

X7 wasn't great, but X8 was

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:10:37 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yeah I had that on the Gamecube.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:34:00 AM PST
I'm a purist, but I agree. 9 was hard just to be hard, 10 was way too easy. No classic Mega Man has come close to 2 or 3, no reason for them to keep trying. I'd dig a new X entry, and Legends 3 of course.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:35:11 AM PST
Hey says:
I've got Command Mission but I haven't played it yet. It seems pretty decent though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:35:39 AM PST
Hey says:
See, Mega Man 2 had the game breaking Metal Blades though.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:35:56 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
But the real question is will it have the fat, middle-aged Mega Man they used for Street Fighter X Tekken?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:36:06 AM PST
It's actually really good, I had no expectations for that game at all and it turned out to be an awesome turn based RPG.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:37:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:37:30 AM PST
?

What was game breaking about them, being able to fire diagonally? Mega Man 2 is perfect.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:48:36 AM PST
Mega Man 10 was forgettable, but Mega Man 9 was incredible. Some of the best level design, bosses, and music in the entire series.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:03:59 AM PST
I'll believe Capcom when I actually see a Megaman game release.

They spent a few keys hyping up Legends 3, involved fans in character designs, enemy types, and even let players design a few characters/enemies. The Prototype demo which was going to allow fans to submit feedback which would further shape the game was canned just weeks before its release and about six months before the final game was supposed to go to print. Yet Capcom says their problem is talking about stuff too early...

Go back to ruining your other franchises and charging for content already on the disk. I've come to realize that if another Megaman game comes from Capcom without Inafune behind it then we're probably going to see the same crappy nonsense we've seen from every other Capcom release. I don't want to play Gears of Megaman or Uncharted Megaman, I want the Megaman title you were building and were letting fans help design.

Capcom you suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:05:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 10:06:18 AM PST
Crapcom...

Actually, for the most part. Dragon's Dogma was really good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:09:40 AM PST
Still haven't played that one actually, hasn't really had my interest to be honest. Seems like every Capcom title I start to take interest in either turns out poorly, has crappy DLC practices (I'm not buying into that nonsense), or just gets canned.

Really sad part is as a kid Capcom was one of my all time favorite developers who could do no wrong AND make great movie licensed games. Wtf happened?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:10:53 AM PST
I'd like to see a Megaman game that was half traditional Mega Man (well..more like X) and half Legends. I like the idea of having a big 3D level to explore and get power-ups in almost like a third person shooter Metroidvania, but returning to the traditional style for certain levels leading up to boss fights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:12:15 AM PST
What's the problem with 9? That's pure Mega Man, NES style. 10 wasn't so great though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:17:59 AM PST
Hey says:
The fact that the ammo is super plentiful for it and IT DESTROYS EVERYTHING. Once you get Metal Blades, there's really no reason to use anything else.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:19:45 AM PST
I can't say I hate capcom.

But if they don't bring more MH games out of Japan, I will slap them.

All of them.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:32:00 AM PST
EggNogJam says:
Sure, more Mega Man? Why not? I bet there are some fond memories from my childhood somewhere around here that haven't been forcefully penetrated by Capcom.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:33:20 AM PST
Marvel vs cap... oh wait
Mega man Le... oh wait
Monster hun... oh wait
... ...Devil may cry?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:38:20 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I was never really a big fan of the NES games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:39:33 AM PST
The only one I ever beat was 2. Good games but not my thing either.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions