Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Xbox 720 Reportedly Coming Holiday 2013!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 51 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:29:42 AM PST
Iso says:
And that Dance Central was the best offering Xbox had. Casual player?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:34:45 AM PST
Ham Salad says:
We should vote these people off the forum, they are a disgrace to video gamers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:35:47 AM PST
Hey, I don't defend 360 very often, but it was actually a really fun game for the Kinect if you have the room to do it together. We looked like a bunch of doofus' but it is a good family game. Probably because it allowed us to all mock one another.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:36:52 AM PST
I used Monopoly as an example of a cross platform video game where the Nintendo version was missing a major feature, online play. What other examples are there? The Nintendo version of RockBand 2 and 3 were fine, Guitar 3,4,5 were fine. I like Monopoly, it is sad I can't play it online. But Nintendo fixed their online system.

I buy Nintendo for the first party games, but it's nice to be able to play the 3rd party ones that make it to Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:40:34 AM PST
A console is only as good as the software. I don't want call of duties or halos. I want Nintendo games. Third parties make game show games, music games, dancing games, sports games, and fitness games, and those all came out on Nintendo about as good as the Xbox versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:45:30 AM PST
It was the most unique, the only interesting game Xbox had that Nintendo didn't. Serious games are Mario and Zelda, and maybe a JRPG every now and then.

Those games you call serious suck. They are no fun. None of your friends want to play with you. You have to sit in dark room playing with 12 year old kid strangers on the internet, because you can't find anyone to come visit you in person.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:48:06 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
I use Monopoly as a bench mark on my high end gaming PC. 1000 fps Uncle Pennybags ftw.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:50:33 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
That's funny because I only play with real life friends on Xbox games. I doubt they would want to come over and just watch me play Zelda or some cookie cutter JRPG though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:51:45 AM PST
Dance Central is real exercise and teaches real dance moves, that you can then use in real life. What real world skills does Call of Duty teach you? Nothing. At least Zelda is full of great puzzles and story and the motion controls feel realistic.

Name a single game on Xbox that is as good as Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Zelda Skyward Sword?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:52:31 AM PST
gaming PCs are for losers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:54:12 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Deadly Premonition and Shadow Complex

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:55:44 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Don't get me wrong I love Mario and Zelda but you're aware that people exist who have different tastes than you right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:02:45 AM PST
How old are you? That's all going to change after college. You won't be able to get any of your friends who still like those games to visit you very much. You will have to try to convince regular friends to play video games with you, and regular friends can only play casual games. I have like a 100 games on my Wii, do you know what people wanted to play? Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Games like Wii Sports Resort, WarioWare, and all the other games you would call casual are great, because people may actually want to play those with me. I don't have any friends who would want to play something like Super Smash Brothers.

So for multiplayer games, they have to be casual. I need serious games that are actually fun alone. Paper Mario and Zelda are fun alone. I've found a few JRPGS that I liked along the way. No racing game has ever been as good as MarioKart. Everyone loves that. Xbox will get Sonic and other ripoffs, not the real deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:03:33 AM PST
Yes, and those people should stop picking on Nintendo fans. They do it a lot lot more, just wanted to give them a taste of their own medicine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:17:55 AM PST
If Dance Central is what you classify as exercise, then maybe you should step outside a while and find some activities. It's got mild cardio, but that's the extent. Go to the park and get a game of extreme frisbee going or something.

Do you want to know what MP games like CoD can teach you? Teamwork and strategy. What does Zelda teach you? That water temples suck. Which is more applicable in the real world?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:33:31 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
It looks like 2013 will be the year of the backlog for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:41:20 AM PST
FOGE says:
Since I got a good income and a real job, every year has been the year of the backlog for me. But. I do like having a bunch of games to pick whenever I beat a game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:42:36 AM PST
CoD taught me to solve conflicts with headshots.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:46:17 AM PST
Iso says:
Not making fun of it all, I have Dance Central 3 under my tree right now. I am the only fanboy in this forum. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:47:44 AM PST
Iso says:
You are just a fanboy plain and simple. Overarching comments about whole genres sucking just means you are ignorant.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:48:48 AM PST
Iso says:
Fallout 3, Dark Souls, and too many more where that came from. Simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:49:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 9:51:13 AM PST
Iso says:
Actually I really beg to differ. Depending on the difficulty you go on it is a serious workout. Better than running.

Edit: Quad post of destruction, massive damage!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:04:17 AM PST
MTV actually, but I think in 2012 Spike would be much more relevant to their target demographic than MTV.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:56:59 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Neato. You got real job.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:02:15 PM PST
"gaming PCs are for losers"

You'll change your mind the day you can afford one.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions