Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Xmas Wish: For Nintendo to Stop Making Hardware

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 98 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:35:34 AM PST
Yeah...the Wii was successful solely because of first party games...the Wiimote and balance board had nothing to do with it. Does this writer have brain damage?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:35:42 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Yeah Smash is definately a huge seller that is well received by the gaming community as well, great point Punk. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:36:36 AM PST
Super Smash Brothers? More like Super Smash Babies, amirite?

:D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:36:38 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
You love to act like that's a fact though. I personally think their exclusives are much better than Nintendo games. Does that mean I hate Nintendo? Hardly since I have bought 3 Wii games within the last six months.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:37:02 AM PST
Lucanus says:
You are right! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:37:05 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well, in my sarcasm I said platfomers and Zelda games. So you're right Metroid games don't fall into those categories, (and I addressed that in a later post.)

And you're right, Nintendo generally gets high marks for their first party stuff. As for you list though, besides Metroid, you've basically proven my sarcastic point; those are all platformers or Zelda games.

As for "best", I'm not knocking them quality wise, they are indeed quality games. Just saying that everyone has their opinion on what is "best".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:37:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I can't believe that Nintendo had the nerve to copy off of Sony for that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:37:55 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I'm pretty sure he's just vehemently anti-Sony. So I guess it depends on whoever is talking trash about one of the other makes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:38:00 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You are right.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:39:22 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"As of May 6, 2007, Nintendo owns controlling interest in the company after Namco Bandai sold 80% of its 96% stake in Monolith Soft to Nintendo. This went into effect May 1, 2007.[3] Later Namco sold the remaining 16%, making Monolith Soft a first-party developer for Nintendo."

From Wikipedia. Like it or not, Xenoblade is a first party title as well. So really Nintendo makes adventure games, platformers, racers, fighting and rpgs. And whatever category Pikmin and Metroid belong in. Plus Miyamoto plans on making a fps this generation. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:40:40 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Mario Kart and Super Smash - yes, they are great sellers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:41:08 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Except I listed more than Metroid. There is Prime, Xenoblade, Punch Out, Smash Bros, Pikmin, etc. None of which are platformers.

I agree completely, "best" is very subjective. I meant it as a general comment, not something factual that everybody has to accept. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:42:00 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Nintendo makes a little of everything, but it's the two core franchises that drive their business was my sarcastic point.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:42:13 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Smash has a 93 average making it the highest rated fighter this generation. That isn't the say everybody has to like it, but it is more than a big Nintendo seller. It is received as being a top notch game as well. :)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:42:40 AM PST
By this logic, shouldn't Microsoft and Sony drop out of the console business and make games solely for PCs, which are going to render the Xbox720 and PS4 obsolete before they are released?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:43:04 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Keller must really love reading his own posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:43:11 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Pokemon & Wii Sports?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:44:03 AM PST
Nintendo also published Sin & Punishment 2, so add shooters to the list of "Nintendo games".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:45:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:47:22 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Are you implying this is a Nintendo thing? Because it isn't. If somebody posted the ps3 only has Uncharted and God of War, I would have defended Sony just as much as I defended Nintendo in this thread. Both make brilliant first party titles and deserve respect. I also defend the 360 when people claim it only has Gears and Halo. I take issue when people paint with a broad brush that is completely untrue. Though in Strasse's defense, he was being sarcastic, not a flaming fanboy. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:45:57 AM PST
I think vehemently anti-Sony is right, but I do think he's vehemently pro-Nintendo as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:46:21 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Pokemon is exclusively on their handhelds right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:46:29 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Super Smash Babies, they make their dreams come trooo-ooooh! Super Smash Babies, they'll do the same for yooo-ooooh!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:46:44 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
This entire argument is for naught. In the future, there is only Apple TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:47:01 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
No I'm implying that it is a Keller thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:48:05 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Main series yes, but home consoles have gotten Stadium and Snap. Not sure if there are others, I don't like Pokemon. :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions