Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I've decided to sell off all games that I own

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 217 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:40:40 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Man, our goodwills suck. lol The best thing I've gotten there was NHL Hockey Night for the Genesis for about four bucks. Then last week I saw it for two bucks at the local game store. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:41:32 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Haha, well I'll say I've considered it, but it's kind of a pain since I regularly transfer them all out to the living room and dining room for retro game nights. Soulshine can attest... I throw a pretty mean retro gaming party.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:42:15 AM PST
Lucanus says:
My collection was once 750+ games with a NES/SNES/N64/GC/Genesis/Sega CD/Saturn/Dreamcast/xbox/360/ps1/ps2/ps3. I sold off the vast majority and currently just have a ps3/360/U/GC. My collection is 180 games. I figured out a few things. One, I don't have that much space to store all this crap. Two, I was never going to have the time to play that many games. Three, I got quite a bit of money for some of my older games. Thanks to VC downloads, I still have some of the old classics like Ocarina and LttP. I really didn't need that much stuff, not when I have other hobbys. Sure there are some classics games that I loved that I no longer have, but it isn't world ending. Just my thoughts. Congrats Pacino, I believe you are making the right choice. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:42:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, that would be a challenge then.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:42:57 AM PST
Soulshine says:
This man speaks the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:33 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Represent!

Edit: By the by, I think I still have your copy of Mario 64.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:30 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
You wrote a check for your house or car, then I take it? That's what I thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:45:15 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Ehh... Having debt is not necessarily living outside of your means. You can still have a mortgage and car payment and live within your means.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:45:28 AM PST
I have this.

The Guinea Pig Box Set

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:47:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:51:39 AM PST
For my car, yes; my house, no. But, who writes a check for their mortgage anyways?

Maybe I should have clarified because I assumed you were talking about CC's, high-interest financing, and other meaningless forms of debt.

If not, then I apologize. A home is actually "good debt" because you build equity. Just about anything else, including cars, is bad debt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:47:35 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Another great find I got a few months ago was a Sony brand wireless headset for the PS3. Complete and never opened. I paid like $30-40 only.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:47:53 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
So, buy some life insurance?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:48:52 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
"Having debt is not necessarily living outside of your means."

It was at the time you borrowed the money.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:49:29 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Debt is so overrated.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:50:15 AM PST
I bought my car outright with a check.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:50:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:56:10 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Being 100% honest here, I could if I wanted too. I use debt when interest rates are lower than what I can make via investments. My car loan is 0.9% while my mortgage is 4%. I can make 6-8% on my money, hence why I went with a loan. But if I had too, yeah I could write a check for my car and house. Granted I work hard and refuse to be a leech on society. I try to make this country a better place day in and day out, instead of just making it worse and contributing to the problem. Purposely living outside one's means is a shoddy way to live. We are all paying for people who act that way, have more respect. For the record I am not saying everybody needs to be able to write a check for their car and/or house. More just saying those who purposely and willfully buy stuff they know they can't afford simply because the government will bail them out are henious people who should be deported. Getting a loan for something you can afford over the long run isn't the same thing as buying something you know is out of your league. One is living inside one's mean, while the other isn't. :)

I have family members who just spend like no other and get essentially a free pass by declaring bankruptcy a few years later. They aren't suppose to be able to get a loan or CC for 7 years after their delcaration, but that is never the case. They repeat this cycle over and over. I find it appalling. There is no free lunch, we are all paying for their childish behavior.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:50:49 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Oh? I'll have to check but I thought I grabbed everything. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:50:52 AM PST
FOGE says:
Is it a Geo Prism? ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:51:30 AM PST
Chevy Malibu

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:51:32 AM PST
You have some serious classics in that NES collection. I would try to sell it as a collection only, since once the valuable games are gone, you'll probably be stuck with a lot of non-sellable games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:53:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
I was jk. Thats a smart way to buy a car. Hopefully, by the time I need a new car, I will be able to do the same. Unless interest rates are as low as they currently are, then its not really that big of a deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:53:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:58:32 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I refuse to (edit)ever file bankruptsy in my life. Nobody is going to pay off my debt. I'll sell everything I have if I need to. I guess that is just how I was brought up....or it is my pride.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:54:45 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
If you were to pick out a few. What would you say are the best ones of the bunch?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:23 AM PST
Lucanus says:
You are a good man and should be proud. You certainly have my respect. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:56:27 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
No freaking way! Where the heck do you live man?! I need to move there.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  217
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions