Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim Game of the Year edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:38:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 8:39:52 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
yeah, deleted it for the late comers ;)

ON-TOPIC: I don't think a GOTY Skyrim edition would be worth it, considering how pesky Bethesda is with their pricing and how massive the demand is. So by the time you get a decent deal for the $60 GOTY edition .. yeah expect at least a 2 year wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:42:12 PM PDT
DVvM says:
Personally, I'm waiting for the Skyrim GotY edition. I don't care if it takes eight years.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:45:08 PM PDT
I think anybody expecting an GOTY edition soon is just wishful thinking. I expect there to be at least two more big DLC packages coming.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:53:50 PM PDT
Liam Phoenix says:
I pre-ordered, still waiting on that DLC though. I'm hoping this isn't Oblivion-style where PC & 360 get the DLC and PS3 gets left behind. None if the official plug-ins fir Oblivion, only one expansion. Bad enough that I sold it and rebought for PC. Skyrim, requiring me to use an online service rather than just a disc, is D3 all over again for the no buy list. Starting to consider a second console, even if it would only be for Fable and TES.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:39:26 AM PDT
I think that there was a leaked piece of info that there will be 3 xpac DLC with the last being a return to Mornhold in Morrowind. With rumors of its imminent announcement, I am truly disappoint of Hearthfire is the 2nd of the 3 DLC for the game. I haven't really looked too deeply into Hearthfire, but it seems like the horse armor of this TES game as it basically just adds a house and staff for you to manage and occasionally protect from raiders. We want more DLC like Dawnguard that actually has a questline with some added functionality.

As an aside to an earlier post, I admit that I used the Ogham glitch for a second character. I don't see anything wrong with single player games allowing us to glitch a game for fun and profit. However, I completed the main quest WAY before I ever made the god killer character. Otherwise, it would be without any difficulty. Plus, it was a little time consuming to get all of the components to do that glitch, so it's not like a starting character can boost right out of the gate. It was great to check different perks to see their mechanics so can find out if future characters need to work towards them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:18:14 AM PDT
OP says:
Well, as a gamer, abusing glitches in games has never really bothered, and I took advantage of both the Oghma Infinium and Fortify Restoration. But having had to debug code in the past, it just makes me shake my head to see that these sorts of mistakes weren't caught.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:21:49 AM PDT
Most debug software suites that I've seen looks for data leaks and conflicts. As this isn't really the type of bug that the suites look for, it's something that would have to be looked at by human eyes. Open world games will always have these sorts of things until its brought to light for the dev to fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:01:10 AM PST
I am also waiting for GOTY. I have bought every Bethesda Game going back to Daggerfall multiple times and I'm not doing it again.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:20:28 AM PST
Well I read somewhere (I think a GameInformer.com article) that Bethesda said they were close to fixing the issues with the PS3 Skyrim to get the expansions on it, so if they do I would totally re-buy it on PS3. I like having console copies of Bethesda games so I'll actually beat them, and I sold Skyrim after beating it because they weren't putting the expansions on it.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:12:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 10:12:57 AM PST
J. Johnston says:
Looks like Amazon is dropping Skyrim on PS3 to $25 on Thanksgiving. Is it worth the purchase, or is it better to hold out for the GOTY edition, whenever it might come out?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:16:13 AM PST
DVvM says:
The DLC that's been announced so far will cost you $45 ($20+$5+$20) when not on sale. So if you can afford to wait, and you do want all the DLC, then you might want to hold out for the GotY edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:22:24 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I have it for PS3 and PC (and soon Xbox360 as well). I've played it a lot on the PS3, but there are game breaking bugs that have caused me to set the game down. You can get around those if you know about them beforehand and prepare the proper saves before playing those parts, but if you're playing blind, exploring, and so on, then the PS3 version isnt the way to go IMO. The PC version looks way better.
All that being said, $25 for a base Skyrim is a good deal. Just make sure you look into what bugs still exist before playing, and dont expect DLC anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:54:18 AM PST
J. Johnston says:
Peter... a couple of questions...

- Are those bugs happening even in the most recent patch (1.7 for PS3 at present, I guess?)
- Are they earlier or later in the game?

Unfortunately, nothing but productivity laptops around here so PC is not an option, and no 360 at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:57:42 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I havent played in about two months, so I'm not sure what has or hasnt been fixed after that. I'll test it out later and see if anything was fixed and post here what I find.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:04:01 PM PST
J. Johnston says:
Much appreciated.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:05:30 PM PST
screw the GOTY. how about releasing a stand alone dlc pack to those who don't want to buy the game again just to get dlc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:29:23 PM PST
they won't do that given that they expect you to buy the DLC separately. I am waiting for the GOTY and I'm prepared to wait another 2 years for it. I have bought every Bethesda game for the PC (since daggerfall) and PS3 at least 3 times over and I'm just not doing it again. For example, I have 2 PS3 consoles and I bought Oblivion once ans then oblivion 2x more (obne for each console) not because I had to but because it's such an awesome game and I was worried about dvd scratches, etc. I'l l buy 2x Skyrim GOTY if they release it or none if they do not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:30:56 PM PST
they've done it before, they're just ignorant in doing it now.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:30:22 PM PST
If the game without DLC is $20 or so on Steam I will probably buy it.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:26:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 5:28:50 PM PST
Sorry, Skyrim doesn't get one.

Boring repetitive taskathon POS.

(Oblivion and Fallout deserves theirs, however.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 5:49:35 PM PST
DVvM says:
You don't decide who gets a "game of the year" edition on merit.

You get such an edition because the game's publishers think it would be profitable to do so.

I mean, there was a Two World's 2 "Game of the Year" edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 5:50:52 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
No prob. Alright, tested. Same problem at Aldruins Wall. Nothing works...fast travel, shouting, attacking, nada. He just stand next to the first puzzle trap talking about how col the wall will be, but wont follow you to it.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:46:28 PM PST
A customer says:
I put Skyrim down for about half a year (sold it, actually), started playing it again not too long ago (bought it back, actually), and what happens after I log about five hours of saveless play? The game freezed. Because I touched. WATER. Haven't played it since.

Is the GotY edition going to fix these issues? PS3 owners really got it in the craw on this one. Shame, too, because it's a great game.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:48:53 PM PST
Anthony says:
I stand by my post on the very first page of this resurrected thread.

damn zombies. *grabs shotgun and chainsaw*.

oh, i'm sorry, i mean deadites.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:30:29 AM PST
C_Hus says:
This info may be somewhere in this thread already, but for anyone having an issue on ps3 where it freezes as soon as you touch water, all you have to do is delete the patches and redownload them. After downloading I think it was 1.05 it was freezing every time I touched water, and then once I redownloaded I played 50 more hours without that happening once.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft: "Call of Duty following Advanced Warfare to be Xbox exclusive." 23 2 seconds ago
Bungie has more PS-exclusive news for Destiny: PS4 and PS3 get cross-platform play, while Microsoft "won't allow it" on Xbox 5 41 seconds ago
Rumor: Devil May Cry Ultimate Coming to Xbox One and PS4. To be Announced at Gamescom? 4 52 seconds ago
NeoGaf: Once Hyped Games That Are Now Completely Forgotten 120 3 minutes ago
PC build question 30 4 minutes ago
MIA*˛ 2310 5 minutes ago
Immature Gaming Habits Past and Present 7 6 minutes ago
Three games from last gen games that i would love to see a sequal for but probably never will 32 6 minutes ago
Well, it's been a great time here, but I'm checking out in 2 weeks. 38 9 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming Recap and Weekly Gaming 7/14-7/17 41 11 minutes ago
OT: Weird Al is putting out 8 new music videos over 8 days and here is the first one. 1 11 minutes ago
Zelda U Collector's Edition Wii U Bundle Announced, Will Include Exclusive Amiibo Character 18 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions