Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Vanuatu's Independence Day and ... Sissy Boys!?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:03:58 PM PDT
Over the course of a week and a half while deployed I read through all of Penny Arcade back in March lol. It was one hell of an undertaking but I managed to get through nearly 10 years worth of comics. Talk about a trip down memory lane too.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 1:16:55 PM PDT
And leave it to the military to cancel my final medical appointment the day before it is supposed to happen without any explanation why, just an email saying I need to reschedule with them. Nevermind that this appointment has been in place for over a month and the time/date was picked out by them.

Then to make the situation even better the email address they send me to setup a new appointment doesn't work and no one is answering their phones.

On the bright side I just pre-ordered Walking Dead Compendium Two for $35 so woo!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:32:44 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Went with Culvers. Had me a pot roast sammich and some chocolate frozen custard. Read the Stand and reminisced about how Franny's mother in the book acts like my mother in law on her absolute worst days...

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 1:35:20 PM PDT
Oh penny-arcade, you so silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:36:30 PM PDT
Sounds like a good lunch break dood. I'm at that point where I need to read a magazine but I'm not ready to sit down and read yet lol.

And that's... Pretty awful if I'm remembering correctly how bad she got in the book. Is this your first time through it?

Also got some good news, they cancelled my appointment because I wasn't due yet so they are just giving me a pass on all the BS. Yay! This is what happens when I email the civilian that works over there instead of the military people lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:45:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 1:45:49 PM PDT
Why?

Just saw it. LMAO!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:45:43 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, it's my first time through. Just got through the part where Franny told her she was pregnant.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:49:40 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
That was awesome. Not only that, but it kept me distracted for 8 entire minutes. Just what the doctor ordered.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:50:14 PM PDT
Let me know what you think and I may have a few other King suggestions for you if you're interested. Also highly recommend Summer of Night if you're looking for a great horror read. Going to be checking out some other works from Dan Simmons here soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:54:11 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'm not much of a horror guy typically. King is a personal favorite of Aki's, though, and I trust her book suggestions above just about anything. Bag of Bones turned out to be one of my favorite books ever, and I attribute "On Writing" to be the book that got me off my butt and actually writing. It was the first SK book I ever read.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:54:53 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
It's funny sitting there watching the scene and realizing taht I'm smiling.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:56:30 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
Perfect

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:57:17 PM PDT
Ah that's right you're not much for horror, well you still should enjoy this one since it isn't his usual horror story or anything like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 1:58:40 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, I'm just interested in good stories.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:00:00 PM PDT
Well his good stuff has good stories but they are also pretty creepy though I personally think Dan Simmons blew King out of the water with Summer of Night. Amazing story, great characters, and incredibly creepy.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:05:07 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Hey guys. I'm just here to wave to Nate, who was chatting with Mrs. Bear on Steam. I think that's the first time ever she's talked to someone on the forums. She's no longer a VGF virgin.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:05:25 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
So, I had my ankle surgery Monday. 6 screws and a plate put in to hold it all together. The post op pain was pretty intense. Not the worst I've ever been through, but up there. Ate a whole mess o codeine yesterday tell you what. Today I'[m finally past the worst of it, but yesterday, I couldn't even shift the position of my foot slightly without seeing the ancestors.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:08:04 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
That sounds like a blast. Now you are the Bionic Ogre!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:08:51 PM PDT
"She's no longer a VGF virgin."

Giggity.

@ Ogre

Hang in there man and I hope you heal much faster than you're supposed to, like freakishly quick to the point where they question if you have super human healing abilities like Wolverine.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:11:08 PM PDT
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that analogy LMAO.

And she's enjoying the game apparently, which is cool. I'm glad she's liking it. I also dropped a few hints that you guys ought to upgrade your PCs. :-)

She said you keep her apprised of all your forum doings. I assume that doesn't include all the mentions of Kate Upton. But it's cool; I respected the Code of the Bro and didn't mention it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:11:36 PM PDT
Ouch. Hope the codeine helps, and the pain stops before the codeine runs out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:12:08 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
I've considered getting Patience and Perseverance tattooed over my heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:13:29 PM PDT
Go with a small font. Those are big words.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:14:27 PM PDT
Is that what you nicknamed your testicles?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 2:15:06 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
Yesterday I took 70 mg of Vicodin, but metered it out in 5mg doses. That is a butt load of Vic. And the doc gave me plenty. He gave me 10mg tabs, but I split them in half so I'd be able to take as little as possible at a time. Seems there are times though, where you simply need a butt load of it.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions