Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I never played any of the Metroid games.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 8:03:08 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Specially interested in Metroid Prime!
I've never been a big console gamer, and being only in my early 20s, you can imagine I grew up being a mainstream consumer, putting stuff like Zelda, Pokemon and COD before anything.

It seems this series is very, very highly regarded, how is your experience with these games? I have a Wii collecting dust somewhere over my parent's house so I would only need to find a used Trilogy collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:09:09 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:09:54 PM PST
Me thinks you need to forget about Other M.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:10:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 8:11:31 PM PST
That's like asking to forget christmas.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:11:04 PM PST
Benpachi says:
The Metroid Prime Trilogy is an amazing experience, but definitely check out Super Metroid before you play it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:11:07 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Can you further explain why did you think so highly of it? Haha just disregard the Other M stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:11:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 8:12:32 PM PST
You think about elephant's?

Oh, no fair! You changed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:14:07 PM PST
Ironic process theory, look it up! I knew that was going to happen, so I changed it XD

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:14:23 PM PST
Just pretend Other M did not happen, it will be healthy for you, young padawan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:17:56 PM PST
http://www.picslap.com/sites/default/files/field/image/impossibru.jpg

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:36:20 PM PST
I've been trying to get into Metroid Prime myself lately. It's one of four GameCube games I own but I'm haven't a heck of a time adjusting to the controls. First-person with one stick is just hard to deal with. I know one of these days I'll persevere.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:05:12 PM PST
Um. Zelda isn't actually especially more mainstream than Metroid.

That said, I highly recommend starting with anything other than Prime. First person cameras are the devil.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:05:53 PM PST
DVvM says:
I never played any of the Prime games, I don't really like first person camera.

Super Metroid was awesome though.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:10:19 PM PST
The Metroid Prime series is excellent. Super Metroid is great as well.

I haven't played Other M, so I can't tell you how it is.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:12:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:14:12 PM PST
Oh, and ignore Jedi. He's got his faux-fur panties in a bunch about Other M depsite it not even being that bad. The only thing cringe-inducing is the terrible dialogue and voice acting, and it's not like there's any significant previously established material for that to be an eggregious offense against. And the gameplay's a bit out of character and not necessarily up to standards, but it's by no means bad. Honestly, my biggest problem with the game is it's kind of boring. I left off one day with every intention of going further, and haven't really felt compelled to put it back in the drive for two years.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:24:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:25:10 PM PST
Oh please, I'm not the only one around here who thinks it's "that bad", and both the gameplay and (especially) the story were inexcusable steps back from those of the previous games, along with the music, art direction, graphics, voice acting, and writing.

Platforming with a d pad in 3D space, auto-aiming and sense move take away the challenge of the game, enemies no longer drop pick ups so killing non bosses is absolutely pointless, all you do is concentrate yourself back to partial health and full missiles, in first person view, you can only turn by holding the b button, but that's also the lock on mechanism so if something is in the way of your initial target you're screwed, those behind the shoulder view segments pointlessly slow Down the pacing of the game, the parts when you are forced to find a clue in first person are the most retarded concepts I've ever heard of. It takes twenty minutes to find the badge'' on the zebesian pirate and the green blood on the green grass behind you, exploration feels incredibly dumbed down compared to past titles, the game feels way too linear to be a metroid game... The gameplay is not broken, but it's absolutely awful and barely interactive.

They turned Samus Aran into Bella Swan in this game.... W.....T.......F.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFm1ei6mjo

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:51:16 PM PST
Okay, you need to focus on the good Metroid games more than the ONE bad one it has. It's more healthy if you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:03:33 PM PST
What does Jedi know about healthy attitudes? He's a furry.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:05:28 PM PST
That's more of a fetish. I mean his unhealthy obsession over hating Other M.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:08:24 AM PST
Based on the length of his previous post, I'd say his hatred for Other M is a fetish too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:13:51 AM PST
Might be. I mean, I hate Sonic Riders with a white hot flaming passion, but you don't see me writing posts on how it makes Sonic bad now.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:17:16 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Guys, back on topic ... do you know if the Wii U will have a good Wii emulation? I know this trilogy didn't support the classic controller for the Wii, so that means I'd need to buy the old wiimotes to play it on the new console?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:18:58 AM PST
Just buy the original Gamecube/Wii versions, if you have a Wii that can play Gamecube games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:24:07 AM PST
You don't want to get me started on Sonic 4 E1, but I'm certainly not copy-pastaing my hatred every time the series gets brought up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:26:29 AM PST
I think Sonic 4 is decent, not as good as the Genesis games, but not as bad as Riders or 06.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions