Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Petition on White House website requests permission for Louisiana to secede from the US

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 144 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:05:11 AM PST
This is going to sound very silly but here me out.

I would like everyone in Congress, everyone who thinks that Lowering Taxes will make everything better... to go and play Sim City 4 for a while! The only way to make money is to have taxes, and there is a delicate balance between making money and robbing your citizens. The balance changes with every passing year and it's harder to track than one might think. Took me a while to get the hang of it but eventually it works out and you start to make more money than you need, only then can you lower taxes again. Now of course that's just a game, but if I remember correctly some economists had a hand in making the game and how it's economy works.

Why can't Economists be the ones who are working in Washington?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:05:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
How many furries we got on this forum?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:06:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:07:05 AM PST
Dunno! I know I'm one and that's all I know of :p

Do you feel Threatened :3?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:08:55 AM PST
FOGE says:
Theres at least one other.

Not threatened, though I am pro guns, so I hope I dont get confused. Jk

I never knew this was a real thing until I saw it on Entourage a couple years ago.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:10:57 AM PST
MrnDpty161 says:
Highly liberal base here, that being said, it's not just a wave of pissy Republicans as stated, the real country doesn't run on political flags, there are as much Democrats and Republicans trying to pay bills and make ends meet, it's our terrible winner-takes-all system with two parties whom are more interested in which version of Santa Claus to sell the people who have learned to use their vote as a means to grab benefits and goodies. The Union is in peril because our finance system remains unchecked and the leadership behind it is manipulating it for their own personal purse to raid. We can make our own pro-party affiliated jokes until we are all urinating in our pants with laughter but the problem of division and over reaching will simply result in a broken and broke country attempting to point fingers at each other because we're being condiotned to look at other states, not as a part of America, but Blue vs Red as if this is a Tribes multiplayer event, on and on, smashing the other and nothing in the form of healthy progress being done.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:13:59 AM PST
Furries? Oh yes, it's a thing. There are a bunch of conventions for it too, though there is a convention for everything these days. I dunno what light furries were portrayed in Entourage though.

But I'm not one for conventions honestly, I am more of the solitary type. I don't feel comfortable in groups and crowds, even if they are all furries.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:18:32 AM PST
FOGE says:
Uh, basically the girl wanted to have both people dress in animal costumes. They didnt look like animals; they looked like mascots. I dont know how cartoonish or realistic some people try to make it look. I am curious how you meet other furries? Do you just ask any girl you meet if she would be interested in trying it out?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:18:44 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
So basically what you're saying is that we should bring back manufacturing to the US, which would include;

-inflated pay for (likely union) button pushers in mostly mechanized assembly scenarios, which would skyrocket prices and destroy consumption.

OR

-labor based jobs no one wants because the pay is terrible, and would vastly reduce the median real-wage of people who did accept them, which would also destroy consumption as commodities continue to spike.

Sounds great; let's go back to doing the *&^* that stopped working before. Nevermind the fact that Americans just haven't quite figured out what they're going to do with themselves for the next decade and the economy is restructuring; let's go back to forced labor manufacturing like the Soviets did during the Cold War! Because it clearly worked for them!

Also, if NAFTA is the true culprit here, how do you explain the massive, decade long economic surge the economy experienced during the internet boom in the late 90's? Did manufacturing come to mind then?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:22:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:22:34 AM PST
CA? they are (near?) bankrupt!! Only TX at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:24:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:25:26 AM PST
Well i would ask a guy, but in my opinion you don't "try it out" it's something you just... know. I personally don't find a human being attractive, and yet I found Furries like Fox McCloud for instance, oddly appealing. I did some research and found out that's what I was.

As for meeting other furs, most use conventions. I not being one the ones that do have to use the last option which unfortunately is the internet.

In reality I have no local fur friends only one or two I know who I chat with online. But I also live in a small town int he middle of nowhere Connecticut. The odds of me stumbling upon a fur here are... well what's the number next to 0?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:26:36 AM PST
FOGE says:
Sorry. Guy* Forgot about that. Pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

PS: I think Crystal from Star Fox is pretty sexy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:31:22 AM PST
Wasn't there a discussion about this sometime last year? I could've sworn there was. Was it on one of Facelord's meltdown threads? Maybe it got deleted.

I'm sure there are several here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:32:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ha maybe. I missed that one.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:33:15 AM PST
I must have missed it too, I would have participated :3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:33:24 AM PST
You missed the epic meltdown of Facelord?

That was an entertaining few days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:34:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:34:12 AM PST
I didn't come into the forums until May or so of this year. The same time Diablo 3 came out hehe. I don't evne know who Facelord is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:35:43 AM PST
FOGE says:
I was here a year ago but dont remember Facelord. I usually dont read the threads that go 20 pages in on weird tangeants. That may be why I missed it.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:37:06 AM PST
Don't know about Louisiana, but States have been trying to secede for years LONG before Obama so people need to stop acting like it just surfaced out of Obama getting a second term.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:39:17 AM PST
http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx4XLAZ4CTCGCG

It was back in July. Most of his good stuff got deleted.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:47:30 AM PST
FOGE says:
Dude got intense. Pretty weird stuff. I didnt see much furry stuff though

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:47:58 AM PST
FOGE says:
"I need a new title!"

Capt K - "Wiilstreak" ???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:48:57 AM PST
Wiilstreak?

(right over my head with that one.... :D)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:49:58 AM PST
No, that was just the meltdown thread. I think he said some pretty nasty stuff about furries in some deleted posts and that sparked some conversations on the subject in other threads. I can't seem to find any though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:53:11 AM PST
FOGE says:
You wanted Killstreak right? And will streak like nekkid. Idk, its not my best name Ive come up with.

Ah, yeah he had a lot of posts that were deleted it seemed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:54:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:56:01 AM PST
Lol. Killsteal. ;)

Not sure what I'm going to use yet. Maybe "Never gonna give you up!", or "Double Rainbow", or "I just met you and this is crazy,"

Now I have all of those songs stuck in my head and singing to each other. Balls!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  144
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions