Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Are you happy with the Vita's exclusive lineup this year?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2012 5:37:46 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
...........crickets..........

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:40:37 PM PDT
Yes. Yes I am.

I can't wait for RO and SS.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:41:32 PM PDT
SS is next year, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:42:10 PM PDT
Supposedly winter, but we'll see.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:46:37 PM PDT
Jon says:
Yes. Uncharted, Resistance, Lumines, Escape Plan, Unit 13, Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Online...

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:47:10 PM PDT
captain ku says:
well uncharted unit 13 and gravity rush are beast so yeah i am happy. Althrough it would be nice if more game are made for it

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:47:14 PM PDT
Honestly, as long as I have been playing games I have never heard the word 'exclusive' tossed around by customers so much as this current generation. I honestly don't understand why it only became a buzzword during this generation. All I want are games that I'd like to play on Vita. I couldn't care less if they are exclusive to the system or not.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:47:59 PM PDT
Aku says:
I'm not even happy about the Vita's half-baked multiplats, much less the games dedicated to the system. The only standout so far is Gravity Rush.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:49:32 PM PDT
John McClane says:
People actually bought the Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:52:32 PM PDT
Jon says:
No, only Sony handouts.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:22:10 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
I'm happy with the Vita but I could definitely be happier.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:34:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 6:35:46 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
What is this Crickets game you speak of? Sounds exclusivez.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:36:53 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:41:43 PM PDT
To be fair, I don't think we really agreed on a word for it back in the SNES vs. Genesis days. But there was a lot of back and forth between nascent fanthings advocating for either platform.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 7:44:06 PM PDT
Jojo Mojo says:
There's always Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. There are a lot of good games on the Vita, but nothing that "makes" me buy a Vita. I remember getting a 3DS just to play Super Mario 3D Land. While short, it was awesome and I don't regret the purchase at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 8:31:35 PM PDT
Sure, but back then we argued over who had the best versions of Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat. Whether Mario or Sonic would win in a fight. Stuff like that.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:30:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 5:23:09 AM PDT
Right now, I have so much stuff to play on my 3DS and I'm so busy with work, that I'm actually fine with the selections for the Vita being relatively limited so far. Just a smaller additional backlog burden for me.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:46:12 PM PDT
I wlll not buy a Vita until I can play Ps1 classics on it.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 10:22:38 PM PDT
Bulbachutwo says:
Any list of upcoming Vita releases? I got Lego Batman 2, MGS Collection, and Gravity Rush for it right now. I hope PS1 games will be available for it soon, also :) Any suggestions for games?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 4:35:39 AM PDT
Ragnarok Odyssey comes out on 8/21, and Soul Sacrifice launches this winter or early next spring. AC:3 comes out in October I think, but I don't know if I'll be purchasing it to support Ubisoft...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:07:09 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
No one should buy AssLib on day one anyway. Within the first 14 days of release it'll probably go on sale, then I'm sure it'll see a deep discount on Black Friday.

I think RO is the last Vita game I'm buying this year day one

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:08:30 AM PDT
Same for me as well.

I'll have RO on 8/21, Dark Souls on 8/24, GW2 on 8/25, and then BL2 on 9/18....

I... I'm never going to see the sun....

That $32 Dark Souls PC deal is going to be coming back around in a week or so if you're interested.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:11:45 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Is it on Amazon?

If they release Black Ops 2 on Vita, I think I'll get that too (as long as it's not $50) because playing online with my brother last night on Unit 13 was awesome, and he really likes the CoD games.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:16:09 AM PDT
Green man gaming and activates on Steam. It still uses GFWL for the matchmaking though. When they throw the sale coupon up again I'll let you know.

I thought about it for awhile and I'd rather get in on the ground floor when most PC players have no idea what they're doing. >:)

The Vita party chat was excellently done. Did you use the voice through the game or enter party chat prior to starting it up? Mortal Kombat has in-game chat whenever you join a match. My first game some little kid was screaming while I leveled him with Scorpion. I then shut off my mic. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:20:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 5:21:11 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Ha, nice. I just got MK so, you can level me with Scorpion if you want. I didn't enter a party previous to playing, I just set up Unit 13 as friends only and he found my game. How do I set up the party chat prior?

And yeah, I definitely want to be in on the ground floor with Dark Souls PC, because I'm gonna rush through then wreck those guys. It'll be my third platform for the game, and I think that is a milestone for me. Playing the same game, while relevant, on three different platforms. The last game I did that with was playing MGS2: Substance on Xbox and PS2 at the same time.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft has weaker security than Sony 110 47 seconds ago
Holiday Weekend Gaming 12/24-12/28 105 4 minutes ago
PSN servers down AGAIN! You suck Sony. 179 5 minutes ago
Sony kept thousands of Passwords in a Fold Named "Password" 120 5 minutes ago
XBL/PSN outage update: Xbox live up and running. PSN? Nope. 67 5 minutes ago
Steam Winter Sale 2014 Thread 469 7 minutes ago
OT: Thinking about buying a Harley... any suggestions? 27 11 minutes ago
How did you end up with your gamer handle? 41 16 minutes ago
Your Nicest Surprise, Biggest Disappointment in Gaming of 2014 11 19 minutes ago
What are your 5 favorite RPGs of all time? 75 25 minutes ago
So...Dragon Age Inquisition is Origin only. Any idea when it'll be on Steam? 20 26 minutes ago
OT: Week 17 of the NFL Season. It's all but wrapped up now. WHO YA GOT! 11 28 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions