Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dec. PS+ Goodies ....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 10:13:02 AM PST
saskamazon says:
according to an IGN article:

Sony has announced the December line-up for it PlayStation Plus service, with Batman: Arkham City, Limbo and Vanquish all available for free through the Instant Game Collection service over the Christmas period. The games will be available from December 5 and are available to subscribers from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the United Arab Emirates. PlayStation U.S. declined to comment on its future PlayStation Plus lineup.

Batman: Arkham City is the critically-acclaimed follow-up to Batman: Arkham Asylum, with the Dark Knight going toe-to-toe with Joker once again, but this time the entire city is his stomping ground. Limbo was originally a huge indie hit on Xbox Live in 2010, but the stylish platformer eventually made it onto PS3 a year later. Lastly, Vanquish is the brainchild of Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami and is a high-octane sci-fi blaster that'll appeal to anyone with a penchant for relentless action

PS Plus content for Vita has also been announced, with Mortal Kombat taking the headline spot, launching December 19. Two days later Knytt Underground will be available, the puzzle-platformer boasting countless quests to complete and over 1,800 rooms to explore. Knytt Underground will also be available on PS3 and supports Cross-Play, so you'll be able to play at home on your PS3 and continue the game on the go using Vita.

Lastly, shooter Big Sky Infinity will be available on both Vita and PS3 from December 12.

have to wonder if this has anything to do with the launch of the Wii U version & Sony wanting to keep consumers with their brand ... guess we'll have to wait & see what NA gets ...

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:14:33 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Shit
I thought this was for NA. We'll be lucky to get just Vanquish.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:14:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:16:01 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Damn, I hope we get something comparable in the States as to what these other regions are getting for PS+

I be happy with these PS3 and Vita offerings in NA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:15:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:16:24 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
So...we don't yet know what the U.S. line-up will be. I'm kind of hoping it will be stuff I've already played since I don't plan on resubscribing...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:16:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:16:58 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Yah it was a good read until the last sentence! I hope they drop some good ones on us in the U.S.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:18:00 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Damn I really want Vanquish to be on the U.S. list.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:18:14 AM PST
K Archer says:
I doubt we'll be getting much good. Never do...

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:18:24 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I'd guess it will be mainly along the same lines as these offerings .... even though Sony NA won't confirm ... I subscribed last Dec. b/c of Marvel Pinball ... I have Batman AC - would be nice if they'd offer discounts on DLC ... would be interested in Vanquish & MK Vita though ...

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:20:16 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I wonder why they dont offer games on PS+ across the board region wise? Every game i have seen every region has access too so why differ that

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:21:17 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Yeah, I really want Vanquish!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:22:41 AM PST
ice grizzly says:
They are literally giving 200-300 dollar worth of game between vita and ps3. Persona has to wait....

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:23:40 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'd def take Vanquish and even Batman AA. Hope we get a similar drop.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:25:39 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Dang, that's a nice lineup for next month. I have already played Limbo but I wouldn't mind getting everything else on that list.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:29:35 AM PST
Mel says:
UK PS+ has always made the USA one look like a joke

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:29:40 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I hope Batman AC gets offered here. Maybe they don't announce North American games because they don't want to kill momentum at retail during the holiday season? I don't know...just an idea.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:29:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:30:22 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I've been waiting forever for Vanquish - it was a best buy $5 deal one day and I missed out. I liked the demo and everyone says it was a fun game. I just didn't want to spend $15-$20 then see it drop before I got around to it.

I played Limbo on 360 but I'd play through it again on PS3. Batman AC was my old roommate's copy so I might try to finish all the trophies on it. Basically I'd use all 3. We'll see what happens for the U.S. offerings.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:34:40 AM PST
Vanquish is an awesome game and one of my faves this gen the graphics and gameplay are among the best this gen IMO, still in my collection.

Euro store got RE5 Gold a month before US along with bulletstorm which US did not get. So I doubt the US gets any of these games this month.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:35:49 AM PST
Mel says:
well since you said everyone...Vanquish is a sub standard game that I didn't enjoy. Bought it twice due to some verbal forum dwellers. Hated it each time.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:38:33 AM PST
Phranctoast says:
Wow. Sony's making a great case for me to have Plus on both NA and EU accounts.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:39:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:39:37 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
UK and Europe in general is more pro Sony. NA is the land of the FPS/360 unfortunately. No offense FPS guys.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:40:16 AM PST
I hope we don't get Mortal Kombat in the US. That's one of the two retail games I own...

I guess I could trade it in if that's the case though.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:45:17 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Even though i paid $10 for Arkham City, i'd trade it/ get that back and put it on the HDD.

SP game anyways, when done...Delete.

3D on the Playstation display is pretty good on this title too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:46:20 AM PST
saskamazon says:
& here that's 1 I'm hoping for as I didn't yet buy it. wanted to give it a try .... I'm keeping my retail copies of UCGA & Gravity Rush ... might trade in Wipeout. I don't want to use up the memory to place the full game on my memory card.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:51:41 AM PST
Benpachi says:
If you all want to play Vanquish so bad, go buy a copy and show your support for Platinum. It's amazing, and you should have played it a long time ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:52:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:55:48 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
So do I.

And wow, that is a crazy good list.

Edit: I should prolly just upgrade the hard drive in the PS3.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions