Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Xbox 720 Reportedly Coming Holiday 2013!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2012 8:52:35 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/30/xbox-720-reportedly-coming-holiday-2013

Microsoft is reportedly planning to release its next console in time for the 2013 holiday season. According to a new rumor from Bloomberg, people "familiar with the company's plans" say the new system is aiming to take advantage of Thanksgiving and Christmas sales, though the sources chose to remain anonymous "because the product road map is confidential."

Microsoft is said to still be deciding when the console will be revealed, currently weighing a reveal at E3 against a separate, dedicated event like the announcement of the Xbox 360 in 2005.

Bloomberg's report seemingly confirms earlier rumors about the next Xbox's release timing, including word from developers that the next generation will begin in 2013 and multiple rumors suggesting Microsoft is aiming for the end of next year.

While nothing is set in stone, a late 2013 launch is feasible considering Xbox 720 development kits are already in the wild and Microsoft is reportedly beefing up security to prepare. Recent rumors suggest Microsoft could even be prepping two versions of its next console.

We've reached out to Microsoft about the rumor, but it typically doesn't comment on rumor or speculation so we aren't expecting to hear much. While details on the next Xbox are thin, find out what we know so far in our analysis of one of Microsoft's recent patents as well as Microsoft's plans for an immersive display experience.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:53:41 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I see was ninja'd but this is a different article.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:21:13 PM PST
DVvM says:
Would not be surprised to see MS announce this at or before the VGAs.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:08:59 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Here's another article.

http://www.techspot.com/news/50958-sources-xbox-720-will-be-available-in-time-for-thanksgiving-2013.html

If you've been eyeballing an Xbox 360 for yourself or a loved one this holiday season, you might want to think twice about making a purchase this year. People familiar with the company's plans have revealed that Microsoft is preparing to release the next generation Xbox, often called the Xbox 720, in time for the 2013 holiday buying season.

If Bloomberg's sources are correct, we should expect to see the new console launch right around Thanksgiving 2013 stateside. Not at all surprising, Microsoft is remaining tight-lipped about the subject as of writing.

Project Durango (the codename for the new system) is expected to contain four processing cores, each with four logical cores. The final issue of Xbox World also believes we could see up to 8GB of RAM, directional audio, Kinect 2.0 support as well as Blu-ray capabilities. A new gamepad and augmented reality glasses are also expected at some point as well.

It remains unclear at this hour exactly what Microsoft will call the new console or how much it will be priced at. Xbox World doesn't suspect Microsoft will stick with the 720 moniker. They think the console will take on a simpler name like "Xbox."

These are all details that we likely won't know the answers to until next year's E3 conference or as the sources suggest, perhaps at a separate event dedicated sole to the console. That decision has reportedly not been made yet.

Do you already own a 360, are you planning to pick up one this year or are you going to hold off on investing in a Microsoft console until the next generation unit arrives?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:36:21 AM PST
Wasn't the 360 announced on Spike?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:40:43 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
MTV with frodo baggins of the shire as mc.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 4:09:56 AM PST
A new gamepad? Say it ain't so. That was the biggest win for their hardware this go around imo, and they're thinking of changing it up?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:09:25 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Omg. It's going to be so powerful. I know it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 5:11:39 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:21:40 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Hopefully they have a launch lineup that shows off the Powah.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 5:25:23 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
So powerful it will have the RROF (Red ring of FIRE!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:08:58 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I just hope I have enough willpower to hold off on buying one until Sony's next gen comes out, to see what they are going to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:12:19 AM PST
They are most likely going to be releasing in the same window so we'll all have an idea on where both are headed and what each brings to the table.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:56:31 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
*Looks at backlog*

I have no problems if they don't release a system for the next 3 yrs.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 7:10:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 7:10:30 AM PST
"expected to contain four processing cores, each with four logical cores. could see up to 8GB of RAM, directional audio, Kinect 2.0 support as well as Blu-ray capabilities."

so it will only have taken them 8 years to be 5 years behind.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:25:10 AM PST
LOL

If you are a PC gamer, you will never be impressed by "next generation" consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:28:11 AM PST
woe as us :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:33:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 7:34:07 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
You should, as your PC experience has been largely handicapped by the last generation of consoles.

Maybe now well get development that benefits the modern architecture we paid for.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:52:21 AM PST
Yes, but will there be any fun games? I doubt it. The only game that was mildly interesting on Xbox 360 was the Kinect dancing game. That isn't enough to make me buy one. There just isn't enough good things on Xbox that can't already be gotten for Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:04:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:05:28 AM PST
Iso says:
Just if fidelity is the end all of what you want. Nintendo can never give you that. MS outing sounds to be the heavy hitter this time, so expect too many arguments about the definitive version...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:13:37 AM PST
What are you talking about? Are those games?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:18:44 AM PST
Iso says:
If it is a repeat of last generation, there will not be any games on Nintendo's system worth picking up over the new Xbox. My post is just repeating if the disparity is big enough, some people will pick up the next Xbox only to have the better performing games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:23:00 AM PST
Last generation was great, and this generation is even better. Almost every game I want is a Nintendo Exclusive, or is available on all platforms. Last generation, the Nintendo version of Monopoly was nuked, but this time it should be good. I see no reason to get an Xbox that would just collect dust, and take time away from the Wii U.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:28:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:29:42 AM PST
Ham Salad says:
"Last generation, the Nintendo version of Monopoly was nuked, but this time it should be good"

I can't tell if this I miss Kno is talking seriously about video game platforms, while using Monopoly as a benchmark.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:28:41 AM PST
Iso says:
Last generation Nintendo got some of the worst third party support I have ever seen.

This generation looks to be interesting though. And saying there is no reason to get one before the console is released is just pure fanboy trash talk.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions