Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Recommended MMOs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 7:37:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:40:59 AM PST
Hey guys,

I just built a PC gaming rig and have just gotten into MMOs. I'm currently playing DC Universe Online and RaiderZ. They are action RPG MMOs so it's more than just point and click, which I enjoy.

Can you guys recommend any similar games? I know Secret World just went sub-free so I might check that out as well. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:38:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:38:45 AM PST
Iso says:
None, don't do it!

And if you are, I heard Guild Wars 2 is great.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:39:03 AM PST
Guild Wars 2 is a fantastic MMO.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:39:11 AM PST
Iso says:
Also, try out the MOBA League of Legends.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:40:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:42:25 AM PST
World of Nerdcraft.

I know it's been out for 7+ years, but it's king for a reason.

As for action RPG's...it's been a while since my PC gaming days, but I'd recommend Titan Quest or Diablo. Steam also has a game called Torchlight which wasn't bad. It wasn't great, IMO, but it wasn't bad. Granted, I played it a few years ago so some improvements may have been made.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:41:44 AM PST
If you are going to drop money on a Buy to Play MMO get GW2 over the Secret World.

Also, Lord of the Rings Online is F2P. Older, but great MMO if you are a fan.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:43:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:47:43 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
Ya I would stay away from MMOs (The raiding ones) unless you want your life to be sucked away for some digital item with a color and numbers that people put meaning to but in reality isn't worth ANY of the time you put in to obtaining that said item. Be a casual gamer and you will be much better off. :D

That being said Guild Wars 2 is pretty fun. Also played Secret World it was alright but go with GW2. If you like FPS get Natural Selection 2 best game evar. :D

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:43:30 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Best Buy Deal Star Wars: The Old Republic for PC @ $4.99. Today only.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:51:07 AM PST
YIGT says:
Star Wars the old republic is F2p is a good story driven game with pvp and space combat. They are more a mini game right now. You can play the whole game as f2p story wise. The pvp dungeons and space combat are limited to f2p you only can do so much.

Lord of the rings online is another good f2p game especially if you like lord of the rings. Its one of the best f2p system IMH.

World of Tanks is my go to when im bored MMO. Its totally free tank shooter. Its a very fun game and free.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:52:01 AM PST
Deal of Forever: $0.00 at SWTOR.com

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:55:01 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
I just have to correct ya but neither Titan Quest, Diablo nor Torchlight are MMO's.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:55:37 AM PST
Well, he asked about action RPGs...

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:08:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:09:07 AM PST
You don't have to worry about me losing my social life over MMOs, I'm a very casual player. :)

I'm just looking for a casual action-rpg MMO to play once in a while.

I took a look at Guild Wars 2 on here and it looks like it fits my casual playstyle. I especially like how they say there's no need to grind, which is always a plus.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:15:06 AM PST
Guild Wars 2 is by far my recommendation for best current MMO.

I'd also recommend:

Vindictus (free to play action beat-em-up on Steam)
Lotro (free to play)
Dungeons and Dragons Online (free to play)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:20:43 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
It might be $0 at SWTOR.com but I'm pretty sure you get a lot of extras for having the disc you'd normally have to pay for.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:22:24 AM PST
unfortunately the list of decent modern MMOs remains laughably pathetic.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:23:00 AM PST
SMH says:
Guild Wars 2 is currently offering the digital deluxe package for 59.99 on their website. I think I might pick this up as well as I've had my eye on this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:23:07 AM PST
Don't think so. I think, at most, all you get is maybe 30 days of paid game time.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:24:43 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
I second WoW.

It's gotten a second wind with MoP. Cataclysm very nearly became a title that was too close to the truth - it was an expansion that turned a number of people off.

With Mists, WoW is seeing the best expansion since Lich King (my personal favorite) - and a lot of interesting improvements.

Plus - the cost of entry is pretty low right now with sales for bundles of the earlier titles.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:34:49 AM PST
Casual player looking for an mmo? Probably going to solo most of the time?

I was waiting to see if anyone here was going to be evil enough to say "Eve Online". >:)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:18:24 AM PST
Only for the first 30 days, unless you renew your sub.

Having Sprint at level 1 is almost certainly worth paying $5 for whatever you want in the shop though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:19:20 AM PST
YIGT says:
If you buy the game you are considered prefered you get some better perks. If you get it free you get the barebones. so if you can buy it for super free go for that version.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:20:44 AM PST
Buying it doesn't matter, I don't think. You can download the game client for free. So the physical disc just become a $5 coaster. What matters is if you pay for a subscription or not.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:21:41 AM PST
Male Multiple Orgasms? It's just a myth.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:22:06 AM PST
How about Day-Z? I know it's not really an action-rpg mmo, but is it any good? Is it an actual game or is it a mod? I keep hearing you need ARMA 2 to play it, but ARMA 2 is a military shooter on Steam.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions