Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Armored Core: Verdict Day announced for September launch

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 3:53:18 PM PST
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/19/armored-core-verdict-day-announced-for-september-launch/

Armored Core: Verdict Day announced for September launch
From Software's mech action series continues this year with Armored Core: Verdict Day.

The new title was announced in the latest issue of Famitsu, Siliconera reports, and will launch in Japan on September 26 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Details are scant but the new game uses an enhanced matchmaking system based on Armored Core V's, and players will be able to import save data from the earlier release.

During territory conflicts players can choose which side of the battle the participate in, which From Software hopes will change up the world balance considerably.

The title and information released so far suggest Verdict Day may be a direct sequel to Armored Core V, much like Armored Core 4 and For Answer, rather than the next iterative entry.

We haven't heard a thing out of local Namco Bandai representatives - or anyone else, for that matter - about Verdict Day which suggests the title has not yet been picked up for localisation. Armored Core V didn't exactly make tidal waves on release in the west in 2011.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:55:13 PM PST
I'll probably grab this. Matchmaking was my ONLY gripe with AC:V and if that's fixed, I'll definitely enjoy this one.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:28:56 PM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
hmm...

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:46:17 PM PST
I love FS. I'm personally hoping that they give us some info on 3DDGH2. Before anyone gets their hopes up, this hasn't been announced, I just include it in my Sony prayers every night.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:48:54 PM PST
Gonna play the wait and see game with this one. Right now Hawken is definitely scratching my fast paced mech action itch.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:50:28 PM PST
I don't think that AC is as high octane as Hawken, if I'm thinking of the same IP. Both have mech's, but AC is much more strategic.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:53:17 PM PST
I haven't played Armored Core since the first one on PS1 back in the day. Is the series still decent? Any of the ones on 360 worth picking up?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:00:13 PM PST
It's been awhile since I played but I remember things moving a long at a good clip. I always played the lighter faster mechs using hit and run strategies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3reo-mH-R80

Here's some multiplayer footage for Armored Core V which looks to be moving along a pretty good pace. Hawken is definitely more fast paced but that's how I like it.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:05:44 AM PST
Steven Diaz says:
buying this reguardless however i would like to gain more info on it. i mean dont we all?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:06:26 PM PST
D. Gjetaj says:
Oh, man. I hope this gets brought Stateside. Definitely bought if so. I've had nothing but great times w/ACV, only gripe being the lack of people playing unfortunately.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:33:04 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm intrigued. I didn't really play any AC:V though, and that was because I kept getting distracted.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
I Just Pre-Ordered 8 Amiibos... 10 9 minutes ago
Worldwide Weekly Hardware Chart 23rd August 2014. PS4 Surpasses 10 Million Sold! Xbox One Struggles To Reach 5 Million 12 9 minutes ago
Assassin's Creed IV is huuuuuuuuuuge 3 14 minutes ago
Is the Xbox one designed to be left on at all times? 3 16 minutes ago
10 things yoy LOVE & 10 Things you HATE... 8 19 minutes ago
Peggle 2 No Longer Xbox Exclusive, Coming To PlayStation 4 18 20 minutes ago
My boyfriend and I are looking for some fun, co op ps3 games 53 21 minutes ago
OT: Whats the Point of Storm Trooper Armor? 38 33 minutes ago
Just picked up a mint Xbox 360 MW2 Console w/ 250GB HDD and 3 controllers for $10 24 45 minutes ago
OT: The War on Drugs is What Makes Thugs 12 56 minutes ago
OT: What's your take on rape culture and feminism? 189 1 hour ago
OT: OK Computer Or Kid A? 65 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions