Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

GoW Ascension "Trial of Archemedes" to be patched due to jabronies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 141 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2013 8:59:38 AM PDT
LogJam says:
http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/14/4104524/god-of-war-ascensions-trial-of-archimedes-section-to-be-patched-to

A particular section of God of War: Ascension - the Trial of Archimedes - will be patched to bring down the difficulty level, according to a tweet from game director Todd Papy.

The level in question appears near the end of the game and requires players to fight three waves of enemies with no checkpoints and few health drops. Some players reported spending more than three hours trying to beat that one particular section due to its difficulty.

Papy posted on Twitter today that the section "will be patched very soon" to the reduce the difficulty. In another tweet he wrote that he personally tuned that level and "didn't mean for it to be so hard. We are looking into patching it."

Papy said on Twitter that he does not know when the patch will release.

-----

People are the worst. This is a bad combo of a bunch of nobodies sucking at a game and Sony Santa Monica being poons.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:01:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 9:02:48 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
"didn't mean for it to be so hard [you little girls]"

I hope he does a sarcastic patch and every enemy explodes into millions of health orbs.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:01:43 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Or they just don't want to repeat of GoW1 where people got to the spinning blades and quit.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:02:07 AM PDT
I hope these people never play Dark Souls then.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:02:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 9:02:44 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I can understand patching a puzzle or a timed segment in a game, but nerfing the difficulty of a combat section in an action game is just ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:03:42 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
That's the third, major, user initiated patch since, and including, Mass Effect 3's ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:04:20 AM PDT
What was the second?

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:04:48 AM PDT
Ha ha, "jabronies" makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:04:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 9, 2013 12:30:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:05:09 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Bros before Hos trophy in this very same game.

I guess it wasn't "major" but this is getting ridiculous.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:06:33 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
They'll probably just add the ability to change the difficulty mid-game. EVERY GoW does this but this one.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:08:46 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I got through the Trial of Archimedes...on easy. When you play a GoW game on easy, Kratos is practically invincible. You still die a lot, but you will die from mistiming jumps, from being turned to stone, or missing QTE's. Unless you're the absolute worst video game player around, you will never die from an enemy (normal or boss) draining your health bar to zero.

The Trial of Archimedes brought my health bar to just a tiny sliver. I can only imagine what it's like on normal, hard...or heaven forbid, titan difficulty.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:10:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 9:11:27 AM PDT
That wasn't major and that wasn't fan-initiated.

Hell, this isn't either. It's not like it's the first game to have difficulty patched.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:10:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 9, 2013 12:30:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:11:07 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I said I guess it wasn't major, and you're right it wasn't really fan initiated, but then again neither was the ME3 one as true fans genuinely enjoyed the stock ending. It was still changed due to a public outcry.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:11:32 AM PDT
Chris... says:
There's a difference between hard and cheap. Dark Souls is hard but very rarely is it cheap (i.e. Anor Londo silver knight archers). This GoW thig just sounds cheap. Dark Souls is able to challenge players in more interesting ways than just throwing a hundred enemies at them at one time and making them play button mash dash for three hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:12:26 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
It's really bothersome. So now the industry is ruled by noobs, and entitled whiners who can't handle an ending that isn't full of rainbows and puppies.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:13:32 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, this dude tuned this part by hand, so obviously he wanted the player to be challenged.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:13:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 9:14:29 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I play God of War games on easy. There's something about those games where I find it incredibly off-putting to die over and over from getting gang-raped by 10 enemies at once. And the story is usually so good that I just want the experience of getting through the game. The challenge is still there...just not when it comes to keeping yourself alive.

I do play most games on normal. Unless it's something I just want to get through quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:13:50 AM PDT
I wouldn't say only true fans enjoyed the ending (that is, true fans could dislike it), but the people that launched a campaign to change it? That's something else entirely.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:14:41 AM PDT
LogJam says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:14:53 AM PDT
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/16

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:15:09 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I haven't beaten ME3 yet, but from what I understood, the original ending is still intact...they just added on to it with the DLC. Is that not what happened?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:15:27 AM PDT
I've only played Demon's Souls, but I agree from what I've seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:16:22 AM PDT
They added onto it, yeah, but there is one particular segment (the best part of the end) that has the context completely changed.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions