Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fun with Lollipop Chainsaw

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 70 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2013 7:10:29 AM PST
DukeNole says:
So I finally got around to playing this and I have to say this is a really fun game. It's nice to take a break from the "serious" games (where you're worrying about skillset/weapons/armor builds/etc) and just let loose. I'll probably just play this the next few weeks and see how many achievements I can get before I get "serious" again when BioShock Infinite releases. Highly recommended.

Oh, and I loved the "I Swear! I Did It By Mistake!" achievement. I didn't even think about "looking" until a notice popped up on the screen saying not to be a perv and do it. So of course I did it anyway and the achievement popped - that one had me LMAO. Anyone want to admit to getting this without seeing the on-screen notice first?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:20:08 AM PST
Have you played Duke Nukem Forever?
Forget the negative reviews - its also just a fun game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:22:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
Honestly I didnt get that trophy yet. I noticed it when looking through them and it made me laugh. I was thinking about playing a bit of this today. I agree. Its a fun game that is a nice break from the more serious games.

Ill second Duke Nukem Forever and add in Bulletstorm.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 7:22:57 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I tried so hard to like Lollipop Chainsaw. It was really funny, I especially liked the nod to Fist of the North Star early on when she jumps on zombie's heads and says "You're already dead!" right before their heads explode. The gameplay was just crappy though, and every level was the same until the boss.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 7:32:00 AM PST
I just finished this game a couple weeks ago. I really enjoyed it all the way through. I probably ended up playing each level three or four times when I was going for the achievements and never got sick of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:40:06 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Seconded.
I just lost interest about 3 hours in. Speaking of which, I didn't see it in my collection yesterday. One of my nephews probably stole it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:41:38 AM PST
I third Duke Nukem and second Bulletstorm.

All those games are just good, mindless fun. You can kick back and play and not really take it so serious. These are nice to have around for breaks from some of the other stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:44:59 AM PST
You seem to have a very similar taste in games to me dood.
:)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:49:05 AM PST
pokritz says:
bromance!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 7:52:09 AM PST
Certainly seem to. I just enjoy gaming. I have played many games that didn't get the greatest reviews, but I still enjoyed them. There was nopthing fundamentally wrong with Duke Nukem, it just wasn't what people expected.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 8:56:04 AM PST
A. Ramos says:
I am currently playing the game but i find it very hard to enjoy it. Trying to finish it because if i switch to something else i will loose interest and trade it.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 8:57:21 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Lollipop Chainsaw was funny, and kind of fun, but the combat is just so stiff! And the zombie baseball part was infuriatingly frustrating.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 8:59:01 AM PST
Mrs. User says:
I thought Lollipop Chainsaw was fun. The type of game you play when you need at breather, for sure. Adding my vote for Bulletstorm - I laughed a lot while playing it, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 9:00:23 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 9:04:43 AM PST
I've heard that from a lot of people but I never had any problems with the zombie baseball part. What was difficult in it? I'm not trying to belittle you, understand, I'm just curious why I had an incredibly easy time with it while almost everyone else had a meltdown on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 9:06:48 AM PST
pokritz says:
I am curious too, what was so difficult about this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 9:10:14 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 9:14:45 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i am another gamer that loved Lollipop Chainsaw and Bulletstorm

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 9:19:36 AM PST
Ah! Okay, I could see that. I think I turned off auto-aim after two shots and it was smooth sailing from there.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 9:36:55 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I had a hard time with it with and without auto-aim (though I did have less of a problem with it off). I think the problem for me was that it's very unforgiving...if Nick gets attacked it takes off a LOT of life.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 9:42:03 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I had a blast playing Lollipop Chainsaw, and yes I got the up-skirt trophy on purpose!

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 9:43:24 AM PST
I liked Lollipop Chainsaw as well, it was fun some of the dialog was so stupid it went beyond campy but I thought the stuff with nick was funny and combat was a little outdated but setting up a 9x sparkle combo was really satisfying

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 12:18:53 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 12:40:10 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
i picked this up a few weeks ago, and have only played the first level. looks like i need to keep going. damn ni no kuni

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 12:42:46 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Ni No Kuni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>;>> Lollipop Chainsaw
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  70
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions