Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 4:09:40 PM PDT
Zak Iarih says:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmgm1BO_60U

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:10:20 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I cannot wait to see this movie.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 7:09:27 PM PDT
Callahan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:21:44 PM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
Looking forward to this. The original movie is still really gross and holds up amazingly well 30 years later.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:54:35 AM PDT
J. says:
So I'm confused, this is a remake of the Bruce Campbell Evil Dead movies? I saw the new trailer, and it didn't look funny/campy at all. Maybe I need to watch it again.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 6:28:51 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
It is, but it's a remake of the original Evil Dead, which, although it had Bruce Campbell in it, it was not a funny movie at all, it was a straight up genuine horror film, and a pretty good one at that, considering there was zero budget to it. It wasn't until Evil Dead II when the comedic hijinks began, and subsequently continued in Army of Darkness.

The remake DOESN'T have Bruce Campbell in it, but it embraces the vicious, gory aspect of the original, and according to some reviews, does it very well.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 6:49:20 AM PDT
Since it's not funny and no Bruce Campbell, no watch for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 7:00:47 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Haha, same here.

Anyway, as far as the OG Evil Dead movies go, teh "hijinks" really only got going in the second half of EDII anyway. But that's really what I loved about the series. So much more a horror-comedy fan than a straight up horror fan.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 7:12:29 AM PDT
C. Zajic says:
I look at this movie like Sam Raimi trying to do "THE" horror movie he wanted to do but couldn't.
The original wasn't meant to be campy or humorous, it just turned out that way.
It's not like he's pulling a Lucas and forever altering the original, he's just bringing an up to date telling of the story.
People do that with Shakespeare all the time.
Yeah, remakes suck for the most part but sometimes you have a gem shine through every once in awhile.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 7:13:56 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
One big reason for this remake was to bring horror back. I'm bored of these "kitten whispers and tickle fights" PG-13 horror movies. I'll will be supporting this remake!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 7:15:59 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
I have been looking forward to this since the first red band trailer hit. Can't wait.

And for all, yes most remakes do stink but this one is special. It has Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi producing and they have given their full blessing to the new writers and director.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 7:16:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 7:19:47 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
I have zero issue with a modern retelling of the original story to get "back to basics" with respect to actually scary horror movies.

That just isn't my thing and not what I loved about EDII and AoD, two of my favorite movies of all time.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 7:17:54 AM PDT
Those movies were really special, and this looks like yet another gore/yawn-fest.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 7:25:08 AM PDT
J. says:
While I do enjoy a healthy dose of humor in my horror movies (Demon Knight being on of my favorite movies), I would be lying if I said I don't plan on seeing this in the theatres. I'm a sucker for halfway decent horror.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:01:00 AM PDT
I hope they at least repeat the evil tree scene....because yeah I'm a massive misogynist.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:07:01 AM PDT
You know, I never really understood why people thought Evil Dead original was campy and funny. I actually thought it was very creepy and a good movie altogether as far as horror go. It certainly freaked me out a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:25:02 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
Evil tree epar scence......check.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:39:33 AM PDT
DubsFam says:
I love Demon Knight too! Billy Zane is an awesome villian and Jada Pinket was sooooooo hot and bad azz!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:46:46 AM PDT
Hey says:
Is that the one with Dennis Miller or he in Bordello of Blood?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:31:19 AM PDT
I saw the original Evil Dead in the movie theater when it was new, and it was pretty scary and off the wall (gory for its time, too). I was surprised when I finally saw the third movie how comic the premise had become. Not displeased, just surprised.

By the way, when I saw "Cabin in the Woods", it had been so long since I had seen Evil Dead that I didn't even realize what an exact replica the cabin was (at least from the outside, not sure about the interior).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:33:57 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I remember reading somewhere quite awhile ago that they were considering hiding Bruce Campbell's face somewhere in the rape tree, guess they didn't do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:05:49 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
He's definitely in Bordello. Haven't seen Demon Knight though it sounds like I need to.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:08:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 11:38:09 AM PDT
J. says:
He's in Bordello. The guy that played The Grim Reaper in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey was in Demon Knight.

And yeah, Billy Zane rocked in Demon Knight.

Edit:

William Sadler is the actor's name.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:21:10 AM PDT
Hey says:
"Best five of seven."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:54:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 11:56:31 AM PDT
Frankenzubaz says:
Well, there's the tree rape. There's the bad claymation at the end. There's The Hills Have Eyes poster easter egg. I like campy and no-budget films, though, so it's all love for me.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions