Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:34:24 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
There really isn't much of a market for them. When you were level 55-59, did you drop any money on legendaries around that level or did you just grab something awesome with a lowered level requirement?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:12:30 AM PST
I didn't drop any money because I didnt have any. Arent there people out there that might want low level legendaries for some new heroes though? The only reason I am pressing this point is because I have sold a few of these kind of legendaries already.

However, if the Brimstone is 30K from salvaging it though, this seems a lot better. Is that 30K from just an in-game salesmen or is this 30K the going rate for it on the AH?

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:19:22 AM PST
AH

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:22:05 AM PST
Started a Monk over new years holiday, it is fun. I like it a lot more than the WD.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:30:38 AM PST
I only have a Monk and thats the only character I plan on using. I have no interest in creating more and doing the same thing.

They are a tank for the most part, just tricky finding the right mix of equip and moves to get them to be a good one. Good luck with yours and have fun!

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:41:07 AM PST
Also Lyrick, it may not be exact, but I just saw this article and thought you started a trend or something:

http://news.yahoo.com/lyrik-lyla-among-2013s-first-babies-230029736.html

"Lyrik was the first baby born in Colorado in 2013, according to NameCandy.com, which collects the names of the first newborns in each state every year. Lyrik, a boy, was named for his mother's love of music, according to the Denver Post. Though "Lyrik" has never ranked in the top 1,000 in U.S. baby names, "Lyric" ranked as the 325th most popular name for girls in 2011, and it was 858th for boys."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 9:58:26 AM PST
Duster says:
I like to call the monk a finesse tank. :)

I picked it because it requires more thinking than a barb, but is still very capable of soloing.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:59:58 AM PST
Can the Sorceress or whatever solo?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 10:01:57 AM PST
That is a great description my friend. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 10:04:25 AM PST
Duster says:
Yeah, but you have to be more cognizant of mobs surrounding you. If you don't build it like a glass cannon you should do fine.

See the build I use for my monk is better with more mobs around me :)

Mantra of evasion + backlash is a beast in that case.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 5:00:31 PM PST
Kasmatsu says:
You can solo glass cannon the wizard on normal. About halfway through act1 on nightmare you get a rude awakening. Then wizard solo play breaks down to kiting with a little running for your life mixed in. In theory the Templar will tank for you, but the enemies you need tanked seem to ignore him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 5:26:04 PM PST
30k is the rate on the AH.

And 30k is pennies. That's half of my repair bill at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 5:27:06 PM PST
This is not true, you don't have to run all the time as a wizard. My build relies on me being in melee range almost at all times. I have teleport as an emergency because sometimes you get jailed or trapped between walls/in fire chains etc and need to get out.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 5:18:54 AM PST
So I made a slight tweek to my character. I changed the Fist of Shenlong out for a Sky Splitter with a socket (which I put an emerald in). I am rocking 2, 1-handed axes now, with Life Steal and life on hit and my Damage is up to a little over 41K. When my buffs kick in, I am doing about 50k which puts it back on par with my Skorn, but now I have the ability to gain more life. If I can keep picking up Flawless square emeralds, I should be able to make star emeralds which I think could help out a lot because I have like 3 or 4 pieces of equipment in which I have emeralds currently.

I did pretty well last night too. Running around with my Templar and his magic find bonuses I was able to get 1 legendary to drop and was rather pleased with it. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 5:36:33 AM PST
I really need to find a weapon with life steal that isn't terrible...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 6:02:24 AM PST
Duster says:
Kung Fu has seen the light! Hahahaha.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 7:19:43 AM PST
Indeed. I figure the lower damage is fine as long as I have buffs which can compensate. Like I said, if I can get some more emeralds, I am expecting to jump 100 points in dex, maybe more in upgrades to the emeralds in my sockets. Also could get that star emerald in my axe which should give me like another 1000 or points in damage. ^_^

Thanks again for you insight Duster!

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:26:20 AM PST
I think I can lend you some Star Emeralds, I have 9ish... I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 7:30:45 AM PST
If you aren't using them, I'd be much obliged my friend. ;)

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:32:10 AM PST
I'm not, apart from Weapon Sockets I don't have a use for them, i can spare a few. Was going to save them till I got the better recipe but... that doesn't seem to want to happen.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:38:56 AM PST
On weekdays, I usually get on between 6:30 and 8:00pm. I might be on earlier on the weekends.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 7:42:22 AM PST
I'll try to remember to hop on around 7pm tonight. I am picking up Dragon's Dogma on my way home from work so if I forget, it's cause I'm playing that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:20:32 AM PST
Cool, if you want to make a topic about it with some in depth review or comparisions, I would gladly read it. I haven't bought the game, but was pretty intrigued with it since I heard about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:26:43 AM PST
I shall post my initial Impressions on Monday :3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:38:07 AM PST
Duster says:
Well all of this insight has been from my own floundering in the beginning. Most of the things I've figured out is through pain of my own. :)

It's depressing how quickly I can get players starting out pretty close to my level of play in under half the time.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions