Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The complete list for the Gaming Blowout 2.0 at Best Buy starting 8/12

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-222 of 222 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 10, 2012 1:14:13 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
hmm...need to look up what the heck Tekken Hybrid is. Fighting games overload.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:14:49 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
All my music stuff is on PS3. I wonder if you aren't on my friendslist? I'll have to add you if that's the case.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:18:10 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I thought you were, but I've got so many VGFers on there now, I don't know who is who.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:18:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 1:20:45 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
It's Tekken Tag Tournament HD with the Tekken: Blood Vengeance movie thrown in and a demo for Tekken Tag 2. It was overpriced when it was released for $40, but at $10 it's a pretty good deal. If I was still living back in VA with the dudes I grew up playing TTT with in high school I'd probably pick it up for kicks, but there really isn't any reason for me to get it now, except maybe if that movie's sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:20:13 PM PDT
Agreed. That said, until someone sets limits on these games (like they do on sales at the grocery store), it is legal...

They should simply set a purchase limit... The only reason they don't is because they don't care as long as they get rid of the extra stock...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:27:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 1:27:58 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
That movie sucked!!! Pass on this one.

Edit: wait, I was thinking of King of Fighters movie with Maggie Q. Still have to pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:31:59 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
The Tekken live action movie was turrible, just turrible. But this is a 3d animated one that I was unaware of... it has a viewer rating of 48% on RT. Could be watchable.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 1:34:58 PM PDT
Just got back from Best Buy and of the 6 games I would be interested in on Sunday, they had 0 on display.
Don't be surprised if you see 0 games you are interested in on the shelf on Sunday.

I did purchase GOW:Ghost of Sparta on PSP for $10 because the guy forgot to take the sale sticker off from last week because he celebrated his 12th anniversary. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it for $20.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:39:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 1:43:19 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
I'll definitely call ahead before a sale like this. I'd be willing to call more than one store if needed.

And if they do have a game and set it aside for you, it's nice to not have to wait in line to pay for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:45:32 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Your best bet is to order in store pickup tomorrow night at midnight.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:48:35 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
Oh - I didn't catch that this was an online thing.

I will definitely try to remember to do that - thanks.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 1:49:03 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
$10 bluetooth for ps3 will be mine..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:51:36 PM PDT
The very few times I have tried Store pickup, it is not available. I live is SoCal so there are probably close to 10 stores within 10 miles of me.

But then again, I've never tried it at midnight.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 2:06:41 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
I've only tried a couple times, but it's always worked for me, even if it's not at the most convenient location. Had to drive an extra 20 minutes to get to the only place that had inFamous 2 a couple weeks ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 2:13:05 PM PDT
Yea, I wanted to get Infamous 2 when it was on sale(0 copies left)
I see Infamous is $10. Do you need to play it to understand 2?
I've heard the second is better than the first.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 2:14:14 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
I haven't played 2 yet, so I can't really say. 1 is good, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 2:19:31 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I wouldn't say you "need" to play it to understand, but I think it would be beneficial.

The second game is better. It's not head and shoulders above it, IMO, but they do greatly improve and refine most everything from the first game.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 2:41:27 PM PDT
Ok thanks, I'll start with the first, assuming its available on Sunday.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 3:10:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 3:11:01 PM PDT
I don't like being a hog and hogging a bunch of games just to flip them for some spare cash. I don't need to do it and I simply won't.

I want other people to be able to partake in sales and enjoy getting a good deal. I want other people to smile when they feel like they just got a bargain. However, when it's the hoarder who's the only one smiling, it's not cute, it's morally unacceptable.

I can't stop you from doing it, but I can tell you how I feel. I could make extra money, because I jump on deals ASAP and could get extras to make some profit off of, but I'm not one of those people.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 5:38:42 PM PDT
Gomb says:
Thanks for the heads up OP, I will definitely hit up all the Best Buy's in the area and clean out the supply of Crysis 2, Rayman, Dead Space 2, Gran Turismo, and Tekken Hybrid. Are any of these games actually decent, where I should consider keeping a copy to actually play a bit myself? More importantly, are there any other flippable titles in here that I am missing? Daddy need a new pair of shoes!

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 5:46:29 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
I hope the BB near me has Rayman Origins on the PS3. I'd like to get the game but the next BB is over an hour away and I'm not going that far for the game.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:07:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2012 10:25:41 PM PDT
Rons Mkay says:
bump with sales getting ready to kick in shortly.....
link is live on main page but pricing isn't showing yet. have my cart decked out with six games waiting for the price to drop. Merry Christmas to myself
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
No Man's Sky Gets $150 Explorer's Edition 3 30 seconds ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3900 2 minutes ago
OT: Ghostbuster 2016, what went wrong 40 8 minutes ago
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 264 9 minutes ago
Chambara (Indie project) on PS4 12 10 minutes ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 762 12 minutes ago
Stop All The Bickering Over Which Console Sold Better! 2 13 minutes ago
OT: Which is it Democrats? 7 46 minutes ago
A Couple Game Codes If Anybody Wants Them 48 50 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2016-2017 edition 284 56 minutes ago
Life is Strange is getting adapted into a digital TV series, Square Enix announced today 11 1 hour ago
nintendo: an intervention 6 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  222
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions